Being troll is too sad

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MMDDGG, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Mighty Committed Player

Great advice on the power spec, but why would you need to keep three debuffs up in most fights?
  2. FlreMint Active Player

FireMint here

If you are Mental your SC generator is your heal debuff, and -10% defense and damage debuffs are always good to use on enemies, right?

FireMint out

Edit: I think SG generators are an issue, on the troll role they make some powers have an advantage, why would you want to use a healing debuff if the enemy doesnt heal? And not many enemies heal... its better to have the SC generator on your dmg or defense debuff... See Proxystar post about it

On the healing side, SC generators dont heal... on the tank side I believe some of them knockdown at least

Suggestion: Let everyone choose any power as their SC generator, bring the damage penalty with it, and adjust supercharge generation bonus depending on the power cost and cooldown.
  3. monaka Well-Known Player

I see your point, I just use them because I can keep them up along with dumping power and while they may not be necessary, these powers besides being controller debuff serve a secondary purpose of contributing to my damage.

Def debuff is an SC generator, damage debuff is also a stun and heal debuff is a low cost ability to improve damage numbers in controller role.

All support roles are closer to DPS role in terms of stats, and so we can contribute to some damage while performing our role.
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

run two trolls problem solved the community is the problem not the game
    • Like x 3
  5. Ringz Dedicated Player

Ahh, you sound like a slave to the dpses type of fella.

Hello, I believe we havent met or played ingame with each other. My name is Ringz btw.

As a debator, I denounce people with bad reading comprehension skills, like yourself and just a liability to the actual concern/argument to whats been said here.

Instead of reading what you wanted to read and putting words in my sentence, I suggest to take another read, think on it, then come back to me. If not, than dont talk to me.

Appreciate your comment on me trolling. Almost as if you seen me troll before ........
    • Like x 2
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

"I try my best...". This whole paragraph is where I am. Debuff, stun, power out fill up group. It's those dps who you just can't keep full where the issue can be. Some are good about it, know they're draining and will drink sodas and use supply drops to help refill themselves as well as the group. It's the ones who don't use those methods that I take issue with.

As far as berating or kicking...I can't tell if you're being funny or serious here. The game's better and more enjoyable with a friendly community, in my opinion :). There's a canyon separating the veterans and newer players in terms of skill level(and sp) and experience. Some are just casual players who really could care less about the depths that some of us dig into the game.

Sometimes I'll try "Hey did you know..." or "Hey let me show you something..."
    Sometimes I just want to do my own thing.
    But I never do the "Git Good!!!"
    • Like x 1
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

can barely find one troll, don't blame the community for not enjoying the troll role.
    • Like x 3
  8. KronusLives Level 30

I'm deff power hungry dps but when im out of power the last person i fault is the troller. I make sure i have my sodas and supply drops because i know i use alot of power. Never blame the troll.
    • Like x 4
  9. CassUV Well-Known Player

Its complicated because if you have a group with your DPS always with low bar of power, then your recharge will recover the power of these people instead of the support roles, i mean, until the support role power bar decrease at a number lower than the dps, so, we will recover these power bars, and etc etc etc... the fact is, DPS with low power bar will pull down the whole group...

We really need a stronger power dump to, at least, reduce this loss a little.
  10. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Tell them to revisit their loadouts and do better power management. If they're spamming the 300+ per cast powers, it's their fault they have no power. Tell them to cry you a river and then build a bridge and get over it.

Trust me. If there were a way to set recipient priorities on power dumps, I would allocate things so DPSes would get 10-20% of a power dump while healers and tanks would get much larger chunks. And if the DPSes want to kick me for not providing them a lot of power, go right ahead. Waste your kick on something stupid like that.
    • Like x 2
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

I started popping a soda when I hit around 25% as dps sometimes, but honestly I don't think anything has been super difficult lately content-wise that really calls for people to be on their game 100%. I'm missing some of the really hard stuff that requires that level of communication, patience, and skill.
  12. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Actually gadgets dps do use 3 300 power cost moves in their rotation :p p-dart, cryofield-emp
  13. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

The two controller powers where their SC generator is a heal debuff are also some of the best CC moves in the game even if Horrific Visage and Anomaly weren't generators I would still have them in my rotation everytime, those are the luckiest powers to have those as generators, also mental has phy shock which is a 100 power cost def debuff so mental is golden. Gagdets has their def sc generators on annoying powers but still they are def debuffs the only powers that are wasteful are light and munitions with dmg ones those are really the only 2 troll powers that are lacking.
    • Like x 3
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

they're not enjoying it because they're still being asked to solo it and not able to keep up where if there were two they won't feel like they can't perform the role. still a community problem
    • Like x 1
  15. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Um yea we are there for everyone, but not everyone empties their power bar in 2 seconds...
    • Like x 1
  16. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Stop playing the role? Bad advice. Maybe he is just learning. Maybe he needs to adapt. Maybe he needs a better load out.
    • Like x 2
  17. monaka Well-Known Player

Well, it's possible to use more 300 powers as well, you could add vortex cannon to it as well, but as a Gadgets DPS, I will never use it because it produces less DPS.

Optimal Gadgets DPS builds will not be using pdart, cryofield, EMP, Vortx Cannon or any three of them in a combination in a raid because of how unsustainable such a power stack is.

Just sayin!
  18. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Nah.

The revamp changed everything.

If you wanna battery, go ahead. Some will do just that. Some will adapt the role in other ways. Neither are wrong, it's called options.
    • Like x 1
  19. monaka Well-Known Player

Oh, I see, you are one of those arrogant players who's isn't amenable to group endeavor instead thinks cooperating and doing his part is equivalent to DPS slavery.

A debate is better suited on merits rather than focusing on others' comprehension skills given how little you understand things yourself.

I read your post clearly, you throw around attitude instead of doing the best you can.
    • Like x 1
  20. monaka Well-Known Player

Yes, what you say is true.

I meant in the context where controller don't want to power heal as a battery given how raid groups still comprise a single controller.

It's the idea that someone playing a certain role sorta hates playing a certain way yet participates in group formation where that very 'battery' play style would be optimal and then bashes the same practice on the forums i.e. controllers who bad mouth a role more than trying to do as best as they possibly can.

We don't have a defined etiquette for player engagement with a group and we are free to behave howsoever we want, yet personally, I would want players to have some personal ethical benchmarks.
    • Like x 1