Beginner ICE DPS Loadout

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by PackerPatch, Apr 22, 2020.

1. PackerPatch New Player

For a beginner player that will only be free-to-play, what is a good beginner loadout for DPS'ing with ice power?
  2. L T Devoted Player

Load out

Wintry tempest - Avalanche - Ice Boulder Strike/Frost Slam - Frost Blast - Heat Vision - Ice Elemental

Use frost slam for open world melee situations, and ice boulder strike for raids.
    So for AOE you're applying wintry tempest and then alternating between avalanche and frost blast with either frost slam or ice boulder strike in between. For single target situations, it's the same but you alternate frost blast and heatvision.

In ice elemental use the same load out but add a shield in place of ice elemental and the glacier flash instead of heat vision.
  3. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

one of the best things about dcuo is a power is a power...my free to play ice guy can be just as powerful as anyone's subbed ice guy...subbed guys get more than free...but not when it comes to power choices...there is no system where because I sub my attacks are twice as strong ...or I "bought" attacks your guy will never have...youll find the difference between free and other will come in mission choices...youll have a lot less...EVERYONE will be prettier than you...subs can open gambleboxes faster...youll be standing next to chromad pheonixed shadowed cosmiced DemiGods...in your ugly @$$ default "Jah Kir" boots...youll notice differences...just not in power
  4. EP Ice Loyal Player

I run my loadout with Wintry Tempest, Ice Boulder Strike, Avalanche, Glacier Flash, Arctic Gust , and my supercharge is Blizzard. I have the transformation Card, Strategist Card, and the La-Mort Card (for Glacier Flash) as my artifacts. You can switch out Glacier Flash with Heat Vision and use the Solar Flame artifact instead of the La-Mort card.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Umm what?
  6. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

Lmao that took a min to understand. You have to hold your screen to a mirror and read it backwards.
    but unto the post I would like to introduce you to artifacts and augments. Where not only can you buy catalysts and xp but you can also buy seals of completion to make sure you breakthrough the rank. And I will say it is impossible to get an artifact to 200 with out buying seals. Let alone 3 artifacts. And let me tell you powers hit a lot harder with 3 200 artifacts
  7. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

Lol he said he was a beginner. Everything you just said to him sounds like gibberish to him. Just use the powers he mentioned and forget everything after that.
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It’s actually not difficult to get artifacts to 200. They give plenty of bonus catalyst weekends which come with a free seal of completion. And then you get the free loyalty points for having a membership. Every 2 months you can use them to buy the 75k nth metal. On top of that, doing the vault and stabilizer each day gives you a modest amount of exp including a 3k nth metal. If you plan ahead of time you can select the artifacts you want and get them to max. I have a league mate who has 5 maxed out artifacts and he didn’t pay anything.
  9. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

Ice is Ice is Ice...all ice players of similar cr gear etc are the same in potential..
  10. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

so did "artifacts and augments" too...anyways ...s/hell figure it out....I should of mentioned the guides in the forums first...they would help...guides to your power and guides that show you things like augments ...go to the guides...that should help
  11. Brit Loyal Player

As a beginner, I am going to heavily recommend taking Reflect.

As a beginner DPS, you are probably not yet going to have all the super-awesome Artifacts, high Skill Points, and perfect practice in clipping and stacking in order to maximize your DPS to the absolute best. That is, I presume, why you asked for a Beginner Loadout and not an advanced one.

As a beginner, having a shield on your bar is going to be incredibly useful. It helps you protect yourself when you make a mistake, which will happen sometimes because you're a beginner. It helps you take care of yourself a bit more, so you are less of a strain on the healers. As a beginner, you are probably expecting that your DPS is not going to be on par with the advanced, experienced players. But even something as simple as being able to pop a shield and then rally a fallen teammate can make a huge difference, both in how the group sees you as valuable, and also (ironically) in your DPS (since bringing a better DPS back into the fight will contribute more total DPS than anything else you could have done with those three seconds).

Shields are also great for clipping, because they will clip anything and are usable while controlled. For a new player, I strongly encourage everyone to keep one on their bar until they become so awesome with their DPS that they can use all 5 other powers in regular rotation and still be sitting on a surplus of leftover power that requires a sixth power slot to be useful. They are great for learners, and as you improve, you will eventually be able to phase it out in favor of even more damage.

But, at least in the beginning, remember: dead DPS is no DPS.
    • Like x 1