Fixed Bee Antennae Accessory causes Chest Clipping

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by bigbadron alt, May 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

So I got the antennae accessory (thank you!) and used it on the character I wanted it for. But it apparently caused major poke-through around the character's neck/collar.

I was using the Cheerful male skin with the Slimline chest piece, but the same thing happens with other skins, such as Angry, Glowing, Youthful, and Human - Classic 3 (but not the newer Human skins).

Also happens with a number of different chest pieces: Flexsuit, Panelled Bodysuit, Shielded Robot, Shock Jock, Stalwart Defender, Traces in Time, all of the Slimline types (except the 31st Century ones). Probably happens with others too.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

First off, a heartfelt THANK YOU to the Devs for finally getting the Spring Seasonal Bee Antennae Head Style converted into an Accessory version! This allowed me to complete my DCUO version of The Tick based on Season 2 of the Amazon Prime streaming series from a few years ago!

But MOST of the time, using the Accessory Version of the Bee Antennae is causing very bad clipping with most slimline chest styles, and even some that aren't slimline! :oops:

So, when it clips, which is often, it looks like this:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

It ALWAYS clips on the Character Selection Screen, and a lot of the time in-game. If I go into my Style Menu, REMOVE the Bee Antennae Accessory by selecting None, exit out of the menus, go back in, and select that Accessory again, sometimes it gets rid of the clipping, so he looks like he should:

[IMG]

But it's very unpredictable as to when the clipping will show up, but it seems to happen more often than not. So, for the time being, I've had to go back to my old version of his mask, which never causes clipping:

[IMG]

Those of you that have the Bee Antennae Accessory Version, please, equip it on your character and see if you get this as well. If you do, please post screenshots in this thread.

Thanks chums!

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I also posted this one without realizing you had already done so. My post includes screenshots of the clipping with the Scuba Chest, and can be found OVER HERE!

Thanks for the info on the 31st Century Slimlines, I hadn't gotten any of those yet, and I had wondered if the clipping would happen on them, might have to go get those to try.

The one thing I didn't see you mention, that's mentioned in my thread, is that this clipping doesn't happen 100% of the time. If you unequip the Bee Antennae Accessory, exit out of your menus, then go back in and re-equip it, sometimes the clipping goes away for a bit. But this still needs to be fixed PRONTO!

Thanks again for confirming that it's not just myself that it's happening to, chum!

[IMG]

P.S. If this would have been put on the Test Server before it went live, maybe we would have known about this before it went live and then it could have been fixed! I even bought the Bee Antennae Head Style for my Test Server character specifically for that reason! :oops:
    • Like x 1
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have identified the issue here.
    • Like x 2
  5. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Thanks Mepps. :)
    • Like x 2
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Thanks for the prompt work to solve this bug! I will patiently await further info on when the fix will be deployed. :)
    • Like x 1
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Looks like this didn't get put into this week's Hot Fix. :(
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This has been resolved with today's game update.
    • Like x 3
  9. BizarroDerp New Player

Would like another opportunity to get the bot accessory you have as an icon. I missed it last time. :(
    • Like x 1
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I can confirm that on US PC, this has not been happening since it was stated to be fixed, at least not with the Happy Skin and the Scuba Chest. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Same on EUPC. Fästingen is now complete.
    • Like x 1
  12. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Looking good!
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.