Beating a dead horse #2

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Jan 29, 2018.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Fatal? Usually with my Atomic tank it goes .. entire rest of team managed to find a way to die.. TANK defeats boss and we move on LOL Oh yeah of course the entire time you are being yelled at to "Just die so we can try again!"

Also what I have seen more of with my Water healer is ... Everyone is alive and well... Oh crap the tank just lost agro and BAM the healer is dead... TEAM WIPE seconds later

I would seriously like to see them do something with the Trolls though. Now that POT is an automatic it just doesn't feel like i do much of anything. Frankly in most cases unless I see the team suffering from a serious power drain constantly ( due to those players with no clue how to conserve power, built it back with weapon fire, and a total lack of desire to ever use a soda for anything) I don't even play the role these days.. Just use the DPS side.

This game has always been a shock to me coming from City of Heroes where a cheer would go up when I arrived with my Troll. My debuffs turned a tough boss battle into a breeze and my holds could keep entire mobs helpless while a team beat them to death. It really does need to be adjusted so the role has some use
    • Like x 4
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

when i started, i guess jump cancel was allready gone... or at least when i reached endgame, WM's were introduced shortly after
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

"member double pot?"
    "oooh, iii membeee!"
    • Like x 2
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

With my Magneto (Mental)... around the time of HoP1.....
    when we did not have a Tank in the group.....
    I would pull double duty Troll/Tank thanks to my Shields and the Fortified Blocking Mod.

Aaaahhhhhh.... sweet memories. ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Oh geez...this reminds me of one time me and two league mates were waiting for people to gather for the Johnny Q bounty...some goomba went in trying to solo him, so we charged in thinking ‘crap, this jerk’s going to get KO’d and despawn him!’

We all got KO’d at least half a dozen times without rallies and raced back to the fight from the underpass before our tank finally went down.
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

yeah, and since revamp, we also have a pull to do so ;)
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

you know.

i think i dated him once.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

You have to be careful with this.

The reality is people want to play with their powers more than their weapons.

If you nerf power regen to much you heavily affect the fluidity of smaller content where trolls aren't always present.

We shouldn't be forcing trolls in duos or alerts that content is always more about a random setup to your liking.

Perhaps if you're that worried about it the developers could simply nerf power back when you're within a raid instance making the troll more critical when just inside a raid.

Everything else can then just remain as is.

This isn't about wanting a free ride or easier go in smaller content before someone comes up with that asinine retort. It's about preserving an ability to maintain a fluid feel to playing smaller content in the largest variety of setups possible.
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its funny. i chose controlling because i like playing with my powers. somethings been different since the revamp. i can't do things i used to be able to do....like enccase an ad and tk it to hit something else and then encasing the ad i just hit and tk'ing to hit something else. used to be so much fun. in the war room i was able to round up every one of the sparring targets and basically keep knocking them into each other. shame we can't set what powers we would like to function as what debuffs.

haven't really played like that in a while. going to play around little tonight.

as always the powers that be should be very well aware of what the powers and roles can and cannot do. its up to them to create content that plays into those guidelines.
  10. Dene Devoted Player

All this poor dead horses... LEAVE EM ALONE!!! lol
    • Like x 2
  11. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Either you see that (and don't wipe, they'll just die again lmao) or you see them type in shout, "OP Tank" "Yeah Tank w/ dps loadout" "How you doing this" "Why is your dmg so high" or similar, point being you can't have your cake and eat it too in DCUO, not w/ fellow players that is!

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Scissor kick with your regular toon is also not single target. That big ball of energy you kick is an AoE.
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

trying it in legends practice mode on the three targets next to each other proofs otherwhise...
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

See, this would be awesome for trolling. Like if a boss' huge, horrible one-shot half the group mechanic were interruptable by a brief controller stun, it would be awesome and make them necessary. Plus it would mean actually staying awake instead of just, "press...la, la, la, press..."
  15. OmegaMan nWo Level 30

Plain and simple, trollers need to drop the battery role and become a pure buff/debuff/cc role.

Being a battery isnt fun, especially since revamp because (in my estimation) the majority of players just spam powers to reach the top of the leader boards and have no idea how to conserve energy through a more efficient load out.

I've come to the point where I only worry about the healer and tanks power pool but even healers are trying to be top of the healing leader boards smh

Since revamp I spent most of my time as a dps until recently due to a lack of decent trollers but in my dps role I have been very aware of my own power pool and have constructed a very efficient load out that relies on a power with 100 power cost and a .5 second cooldown and a power with a longer cast time. These are the most spamable powers and have little to no effect on my power pool. Its even helped me regain power if my meter is low. For the first time since launch, I've been consistently on top of the leader boards. This certainly isnt my goal but I've come to learn that there really are no "best powers" because if you can spam a power and retain a healthy power pool, you'll do the most damage over time. These cookie cutter load outs online are made by power hungry leader board chasers and aren't innovative in how to do damage. It reminds me of a saying from a different thread "The best DPS is a live DPS". Well in this case it'd be "The best power is an efficient load out".

TL;DR
    Trolls should be crowd control/ buff /debuff only because being a battery isnt fun
    If players were to be experimental and make more power efficient load outs, the battery role would already be obsolete and players would be capable of doing more damage over time.
    • Like x 1
  16. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I spec enough power that while im in a full tank stance its like forever before i need power, id figure that to be a good thing. But i guess all good things are subjective lol.
    Edit: Also specced Pfft btw
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm about to beat a 3rd one probably next week or so. This is gonna be a trilogy.
    • Like x 1
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

when i trolled as mental, i did brawling WM into shuriken storm clipped with psychic shock clipped with insta power...
    it was so fast, there would never have been the possibility for the boss to do anything because i would stun emediatly.
    i wouldn't have to change anything, but the raid would have been more boring to the whole group instead, i guess...
    • Like x 1
  19. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

This is my "Go to" song for when the group im in is struggling to beat a boss and keeping getting knocked out. (Always when i venture out of my league runs to run a few pugs XD)
    • Like x 2
  20. Dene Devoted Player

Lord Of The Dead Horses LOL
    • Like x 1