Beating a dead horse #2

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

*The tank dies*
    Group: oh no were screwed, just wipe it

*The healer dies*
    Group: oh no we're screwed, just wipe it

*The troll dies*
    Group: oh no we're- wait were fine. Just drink colas and conserve a little on power

^^^ fix this, pls, development.
    • Like x 14
  2. Hytch Well-Known Player

Which direction do you want it to be fixed? Where they are all "oh no we're- wait were fine." or "oh no were screwed, just wipe it"?
    • Like x 2
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'll take a large #2 with a coke
    • Like x 9
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

as a fire tank with health base mods, instead of power (duh, i know...),
    i am allmost as reliant to the troll as i am reliant to the healer... allmost.
    well, not exactly. at least not if i stay in block... wich i wouldn't anyways.
    forget it, you are right, troll is nice to have, not realy necessary though.
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

u forgot:

All DPS dies*
    Group: eh taking to long, just wipe it!

yeah the superpowered option shouldnt be available for support makes troll almost not needed
  6. Mazahs Loyal Player

When enrage timer were introduced we complained
    Thru the Days of AM power back we screamed (troller)
    At revamp we asked and were ignored
    Now most of us have just given up.

He'll they can't balance the DPS side after 1 yr. Sorry but I don't see them doing jack for the controller role at this point.
    • Like x 3
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah with hybrid I actually need a troll when I heal. With superpowered I don't really need a troll.
  8. Hytch Well-Known Player

Yeah, if this game wasn't so far down the line I would suggest they just scrap the role and turn those powers into healer or tank powers.

That or they could just make the controller a true crowd control/buff/debuff class and give the other roles different ways of generating power.
    • Like x 2
  9. velvetsanity Loyal Player

You forgot:

*group wipes once*
    Group: vote to disband the instance has passed
    • Like x 6
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

i have no solution for making trolls more important.
    nothing that wouldn't make other things even worse.
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

mental has so many shields, i could imagine it as a tank power with the fitting gear... played allmost similar to ice...
    using lifts like telekinesis and mass levitation and stunning with terror could be used for a more active battle tank style
    • Like x 2
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

What trolls lack in power out they need to make up for in debuffs/crowd control. I would go as far as buffing the damage and health of all bosses by quite a bit while increasing troll debuff strength, that way it would be a struggle to beat the boss without debuffs.

What this also does is make trolls a good duo partner cause as a DPS I'll be saying "whoo a defense debuff, I can kill things faster." Right now I don't really say that because 20% isn't ****.
    • Like x 6
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Uh, why is this a problem? We got through the first boss and no one has posted a video getting past the second yet.

[IMG]
  14. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Whether or not I need a troll for power boosts seems to depend on several factors: bad group, nobody in the group knows the mechanics of the boss, etc. If the group knows what they’re doing, I have more power than I have tray abilities to burn it on, because I’m not spamming heals just trying to keep up with the damage they’re taking. :p
  15. velvetsanity Loyal Player

In T4/5/6/7 instances?
  16. Celestial Powers Committed Player

S u p e r p o w e r F o c u s B o i s !

But muh pftt dun work without it in solos reeeee.
    • Like x 2
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

i think that troll debuffs should stack. in raids, especially in elite raids, the bosses should allways start buffed,
    one troll would set him to normal and only the second troll would then actually be able to debuff afterwards...
    • Like x 3
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

also: as i am playing WE, i am totally happy to have a troll, not dead, to give me a boost...
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's an interesting idea as well, expect do it for normal content as well

If weapons were more effective, more people would be using them and sought the weapon buff from trolls, you see how all these problems are interconnected?
    • Like x 1
  20. Darth Piper Loyal Player

You are evil. I like you. :)
    • Like x 1