Be specific in LFG

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EP Ice, Oct 3, 2015.

1. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

It has a steeper learning curve, but currently in the right hands, nothing can beat Electric DPS.
  2. megamanexe Committed Player

nope definitely can be beaten by a lot of powers...n-n;;
    • Like x 1
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Not a thing is the player knows what he's doing. Supposedly the range on electric's heal is not as wide as some others .. or so I have seen here but mine does a good job on the Desecrated Cathedral and no one has ever complained. My natural healer will provide more heals in about the same amount of time but I have 5 powers in my tray that provide heals or heals over time and a shield. Electric has three and shield so more opportunity to heal but then again my natural doesn't have a single power that does any damage at all (1 holds and does HOT and 1 Stuns and does HOT). My Electric has a foot stop that does damage and does something to the mobs it hits that caused them to heal me and team mates and since I have two available slots when everyone is at full health I can do damage.

Its just another of those goofy things that got started probably because some team leader had a bad Electric healer on his team that may have led to multiple team wipes so of course "EVERY ELECTRIC HEALER MUST SUCK" and once rumors like that start. before long half the community accepts it a fact even though most have never even teamed with one

I know lets start a new one right now... Atomic tanks can't hold agro they suck. I never want one on another team I am on again. LOL Now what would REALLY prove how dumb some people are is if that actually started to circulate and Atomic hasn't even appeared on TEST let alone live yet.
    • Like x 1
  4. Korlick Loyal Player

It reminds me of those dark days for Fire tanks.
    -LF Tank for X content
    -Tank here
    -What power r u?
    -Fire
    ...Kicked...
    • Like x 2
  5. Veritech Loyal Player

Ahh origin crisis days. Ice only, if you're fire and earth instakick
    • Like x 1
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

It was happening before Origin Crisis. Fire tanks being kicked was a thing since FoS2 days.
    • Like x 1
  7. Veritech Loyal Player

Yea fire's always lived in ice's shadow. OC was the last dlc I could not get in as an earth tank. Haven't had the same issue since.
  8. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

You must haven't seen a really good Electric player yet ;)
  9. areacode8O8 Committed Player

I just started using LFG n am still learning the lingo. What's gtg stand for? I'll see looking for tank dc reg pst gtg gtg. I figured pst is please send tell but what's gtg? Can't stand for got to go???
  10. EP Ice Loyal Player

Gtg stands for 'good to go'. Or, tgtg stands for 'than good to go'
    • Like x 2
  11. megamanexe Committed Player

that's not the reason but whatever helps you sleep at night, kiddo.
    • Like x 1
  12. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

No need to be condescending. I know what I'm saying is true from plenty of experience. If you're on USPS, I'll gladly show you that Electric can out DPS any other power.
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Why do people call others "kiddo" and "son" without knowing their age? I had a 15 year old call me "son" a few weeks ago. I'm old enough for him to be my son.
    • Like x 4
  14. megamanexe Committed Player

it's not always the power; it's the player and what they do with the power. though each power has different full potential that doesn't mean you can't do more damage against people who don't know what they're doing. i'm not trying to be condescending.
    why does it matter? it's a term of endearment. i call people my own age or younger than me "sir" or "mister" as well. it's not that big of a deal
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It's not a 'term of endearment' coming from a stranger half to a quarter your age, who doesn't even get your gender correct
    • Like x 1
  16. megamanexe Committed Player

yeah it is
  17. areacode8O8 Committed Player

Appreciate it!
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The way he spoke to me was anything but endearing. He was deliberately being disrespectful and rude. I suspect you already knew that, though.
    • Like x 1
  19. Sbel Devoted Player

It's not usually a term of endearment. It's often a condescending insult. Isn't that how you just used it? Or are you claiming to be so close to DarkNovaBlaze that you use terms of endearment for them? o_O
    • Like x 4
  20. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

I'm fully aware of that. And because it's the player, many people don't know how to use Electric to its full potential. But an Electric at its max potential can out-DPS any other power with that power at its max potential. I never compare damage with pugs; this was all tested against players who are masters of their powers.