Be specific in LFG

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EP Ice, Oct 3, 2015.

1. EP Ice Loyal Player

You put on LFG that you are looking for a healer and the you get a healer, and then you proceed to kick the healer because they are electric. If you are looking or not looking for something specific then just put that out from the get go and stop wasting people's time.

As a group member, I don't have the time to sit there and wait for you to find the "perfect" combination. If I know your intentions from the start, then, maybe I can help you locate or just leave because I just don't have that kind of time.
    • Like x 18
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Agreed. Along those lines, the 60 character restriction does make it difficult to be specific sometimes. Took me a few tries the other night to let people know I wanted someone with experience doing the Lightcrusher feat with Kilowog, and even then, I ended up with 130+ players who just went in and killed everything including Kilowog from the start. They felt they were experienced because they had high combat ratings.
    • Like x 1
  3. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

What's wrong with Electric healers o_O
    • Like x 9
  4. EP Ice Loyal Player

Understandable, but, for most that's not the problem. I do hate when people do what they want even after you explain what you are trying to do.
    • Like x 3
  5. EP Ice Loyal Player

No clue. But, they kicked the guy because he was electric.
    • Like x 2
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I've run into a few who just spammed their powers without knowing what they were doing, but that can be said of any power set. I think electric is more common for that behavior, though. A skilled electric healer will do just fine in any content.
    • Like x 6
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

They smell like ozone :p
    • Like x 4
  8. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Wut server you on I may be able to help with those feats
    • Like x 1
  9. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I still need that feat too.
    • Like x 1
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

USPC. I was able to convince my fiancé to sign on and queue with me on her villain. Avoided the headache of random PUGs. After trying three times with players who claimed to be experienced and then steamrolled through it anyway, I decided it wasn't worth trying again through LFG. Maybe it was my message?

[LFG] LF Metropolis City Hall (Lightcrusher experience necessary). PST.

Was the above not clear?

And this actually isn't too off topic. Maybe people aren't specific because even when they are, people waste their time, too?
    • Like x 1
  11. Veritech Loyal Player

Oh that was you? I saw those LFGs.

You ended up getting the feat? Hit me up if not.
    • Like x 1
  12. megamanexe Committed Player

they shot themselves in the foot doing that...electric healing is the best healing power in the game
    • Like x 1
  13. Dogico Loyal Player

NEED PARTNER LIGHTCRUSHER FEAT PST.

When shouting for feats I don't include the instance; people who both need the feat and know how to do it already (or at least are familiar with what the feat entails) know where to get it. Once you grab them go over the feat real quick before queing.
    • Like x 5
  14. Dogico Loyal Player

lol
    • Like x 2
  15. Malachyte Devoted Player

That and when people get into the instance to a boss fight and then say they are going for a specific feat...that used to drive me crazy when L&W first came out.
    Be in a pug group then we get to the last boss and then they say they were going for the One Piece feat...

I would say if you would have told me this was a OneP run I wouldn't have joined, they I would get all sorts of hate...LOL
    • Like x 6
  16. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

It's also the best DPS.
    • Like x 1
  17. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Damn, she was not letting you finish your sentence. Thank god you're so patient, I woulda started telling her off lmao.
  18. megamanexe Committed Player

i wouldn't say that. dps wise it needs a boost but healing wise it is definitely the best one.
    • Like x 1
  19. lukelucky Devoted Player

I hear such a requirement and i laugh at the lack of knowledge from the group leader. Even if he was protesting an electric dps which we all know is lackluster currently. Results are always negative well mostly as some come arou d but I pretty much thanks them for the invite and inform them thays why I am outta there. As a support role player only and a main that is a tank i do hope I leave em in a lurch.

There really is no place in dcuo for this imo
    • Like x 1
  20. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

Mofo is tripping.

Elec is my favorite healz.

An this is coming from a 4 year sorcery heal mainer.

I strongly agree though. If someone wants a specific Role, combat rating, power, skill set (experienced), or skill points.

It would save themselves & others time if they add it to the LFG request.
    • Like x 2