Battle Royale

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by NotStanLee, Oct 18, 2018.

1. NotStanLee Well-Known Player

Don't bother fixing PvP, just put in a 100 man shrinking arena with no minimap and no groups and battle to a 10 min time limit. Top 5 scores get credit. What's being kept as score? Damage out, kills, heals, power out...someone can decide this. What is credit? We used to get 'influence' and used that to buy gear. Come up with something similar.

How does DCUO make money on this? I can think of a couple ways, I'm sure they can too.
    • Like x 2
  2. Eve YouTuber

Eh, no. This is not a solution "Don't bother fixing PvP". And don't turn DCUO into some kind of fortnite.
    • Like x 1
  3. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I've seen the same response a bunch of times now for similar suggestions. Obviously it's not a solution to PvP being in the state it is, but apart from that, why shouldn't they introduce new PvP modes? I mean you can like or hate Battle Royale, or MOBA, or whatever, but those are exceedingly popular gameplay modes that could potentially be adapted in DCUO PvP - obviously after, or together with, a comprehensive revamp of PvP combat, progression, and rewards.

I know it's cool right now to hate on Fortnite but Battle Royale in particular even has a major recent basis in the comics - see Convergence.
    • Like x 1
  4. Eve YouTuber

I just don't want them to add anything new before they fix PvP. And I don't want PvP to turn into even more chaos.
    • Like x 1
  5. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Obviously adding new game modes is out of the question before PvP as a whole isn't thoroughly fixed. OP's suggestion to "don't bother fixing PvP" is completely unreasonable.

I wouldn't shut down suggestions for new PvP modes on that basis though. If we're starting a discussion about new features then we have to assume PvP getting fixed first anyway, otherwise there's no point in arguing about new features at all and then all that's left is miserable "PvP is broken" complaints that have been established long ago. Players suggesting gameplay they think would be fun might on a lucky day help convince the devs that interest is there and inspire them to put resources in.
    • Like x 3
  6. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Just stop dude there are other games for that. We all know ehst you're doing lol
  7. NotStanLee Well-Known Player

Anniversary event with Anti-monitor vs heroes vs villains instance or arena. Which ever faction does more damage and defeats the big bad monster scores, losing faction gets nothing. No soup for you....You get nothing sir. Good day. I said Good Day.
    • Like x 1
  8. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

I dont think this is horrible idea and understand pvp is currently a joke but using the open world pvp already and adding a system to earn marks cash or items could bring in a larger player base im up for the suggesting.
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

the devs didn't stop putting effort into pvp because there was no interest, they stopped cause pvpers are caustic and divisive, or mostly they are. the devs once asked pvpers what they wanted, and got 100 different answers that nobody could remotely unanimously agree on. pvp stays broken as a consequence of indecisiveness in the pvp populace, even if ALL of the forums' pvp sub population agreed on something it's still only at best a 1% sample representative of the ingame populace as the forums as a whole only represents a good 3% or there about. there are A LOT of players in dcuo who never come to the forums.
  10. NotStanLee Well-Known Player

Only pvpers are caustic and divisive? Just ran raising hades duo with an overpowered player (cr257) who let my alt (cr 185/166heals) die in the first room by not entering...then wouldnt do anything in the last room. I was able to switch to heal and solo it (sp help), but this pve'r thought he was carrying me and refused to do anything at last boss. Pretty sure there are caustic and divisive people in care-bear land also. Actually, the whole internet...
    • Like x 1
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i don't disagree, but the pvpers are especially subsceptible to showing out with profanity, especially the open world ones. i've had that happen as well as had high players leave the lower one's to fend for themselves and robbing them of rewards in alerts. however as i stated, the disinterest in pvp doesn't come from a lack of personal interest with the devs, they did at some point ask what would make pvp more fun and balanced and no one could give them an agreeable answer, then started bashing each other over it. unless the pvp community has mellowed out in 2 years or so, that's a hornet's nest the devs would rather not rouse.
  12. NotStanLee Well-Known Player

So the point is new modes of play will draw more people into the game. Battle royale is hot right now. People enjoy random spawns in the WT and hall of doom of Mepps Monsters with no reward at all. Feats for killing giant robots and giant brine hulks 50 times are nice, but imagine a kracken attacking something in Atlantis open world pvp phase and the villains want it to succeed and the heroes want to thrwart its attack. Maybe it is a timed thing, where the heroes have to do 'x' amount of damage in a period of time to the kracken while fighting the villains and villains have to keep the heroes from doing the damage. Or maybe Aquaman gets his giant whale buddies to attack the kracken and the villains have to KO the whales before the heroes KO the kracken. Maybe the devs put this in pve and pvp like ring war. Maybe just pvp phase to start. New modes of play are meat and potatoes where new materials/auras are fluffy sweet icing on the cake.
    • Like x 1
  13. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Car makers are making more trucks and SUV's now; because that is what the people want.
    What do video game players want?
    Has it changed recently?
    It is important to keep current.
  14. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Did he just say Open World PvP? Where's that? It's been dead (compared to what it used to be surely) years ago. Once the pvp system is reworked and brought current or more inline with pve (yeah if they micro-transaction it somehow they'd definitely improve it lmao and by that I mean they'd actually spend time making it better IF they made money off it now like they do pve related items).

Until a major revision of pvp is done, open world is and will remain to be dead, a few friends online here and there in open world phase is just for giggles these days. PvP on here used to be ALIVE and everyday, not anymore. Simple to reference how popular open world was back then, just look at the radar in these screenshots.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This used to be "SPARTAAAAAAA!" but now I realize Sparta fell, so did open world pvp! I'm for a battle royale but I think it should take place in open world and be within a predefined area, queue on those 50-100 player matches would be horrible at best not to mention those who would quit (more players more factors more variables) to go eat dinner, do this or that etc.
  15. NotStanLee Well-Known Player

Nice history lesson but I was there too (not your screenshots however) so not needed. Your last half sentence is salient to the point. Open world predefined area that is bubbled off with a couple enter fight here spots. Respawn point just outside and near to the enter fight spot. Now add a giant brine hulk for Orm and a giant whale for Aquaman...whoever is in the bubble when their respective target goes down gets three points...loser gets one.
    • Like x 1