Battle Damage Variants of style

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by the solowing, Jan 25, 2018.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

Personally i think this be a cool addition to the game, if possible by modifying the preexisting styles to add damage to it and can be sold in the MP for like 99 cents or 1.99 per style (1 character use) to me it seem like it would help revitalize the MP and styles can be added in batches over the course of updates. But would DC ok it? Do you guys have any ideas to add to this?

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

How does she have time to put a band aid on in the middle of a fight?

Edit: nvm, that's not a band aid, just really bad skin peeling art

I agree though, we need some battle torn styles in the game, or make a battle torn material. Might be complex and take time but worth it.
  3. Schimaera Devoted Player

Initially I thought "adding Damage to gear" would be something like "add stats to gear" :D

I really like the idea of damaged gear though. All we have are torn capes and vodoo shorts or something. Support the idea :)
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Whenever battle damage comes up, I always tend to think of this kind of thing.

[IMG]

SWG introduced this via their CCG, a kit that would apply the damaged look to certain types of armor in the game. So there's a part of me that thinks something like this might be possible with Materials in our game. Whether or not it would override colors might be an issue, though.

For the torn clothing looks in the OP's examples, though, I think variant styles would how that would have to be done. Tough to imagine torn clothing working perfectly on all styles and body types via Materials.
    • Like x 1
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

I would prefer them to modify the preexisting gear and monitize that through the marketplace through 1 time use consumable styles as the lootboxes bubble is beginning to burst