Battle Angel Alita is a go

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Apr 29, 2016.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

In development hell since many years, 20th Century Fox is finally moving ahead with another anime adaptation. I'm guessing to coincide with the production of Ghost in the Shell and James Cameron wanting to make this movie since Titanic, the studio has begun casting for the lead.

[IMG]
  2. Yui Loyal Player

Hollywood right now ^^
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Been seeing some slightly conflicting reports on that, though. I saw the article about the casting, but I've also seen reports that Cameron wanted to direct it, not just be a producer. If that's the case, the multiple Avatar sequels he has planned (that's a whole other "why?" question for me, but not for this thread lol) are supposed to come first, which would keep Battle Angel Alita in development limbo.

I dunno, it's all so confusing.
  4. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well I for one would like James Cameron to have a go and direct the movie because I like Robert Rodriguez as a director but he is no Cameron. And hopefully Cameron can fit the movie in his schedule because honestly I could care less for another Avatar movie
    • Like x 2
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If I had to be honest I think I'd be a little more at ease with Rodriguez. Cameron is a good filmmaker and I'm a fan of his earlier work (Terminator films, Aliens, The Abyss) but it seems like since Titanic he's bought into his own hype a bit too much. It's that or he seems to be taking himself and his work a little too seriously (such as wanting to make, what, 4 sequels to Avatar now?).
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]

It seems Battle Angel Alita is getting some traction with Rosa Salazar winning the title role
    [IMG]

and Christopher Waltz currently in talks to star in the movie as well for the role of Dr Dyson, the
    cybersurgeon who becomes a father figure to Alita.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  7. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Seems the Battle Angel Alita movie cast is growing with the addition of Jackie Earle Haley who has signed on to an unknown role but sources say it will be the villain
    [IMG]
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Hollywood motto: "When in doubt, do a live action remake"
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Correction. The main baddie has been cast and it's FRANCIS!!...ugh...I mean British actor, Ed Skrien.

[IMG]
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    This was in the anime thread but I wanted to put it in its thread, so here is the trailer that was recently revealed
  11. velvetsanity Loyal Player

That looks really freaking cool
  12. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  13. Helderman Dedicated Player

I'm totally for but they could choose a less obscure anime. Come on, everybody wants a live action Naruto.
  14. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

its not a transformers stype of irrelevance or he-man mythology. It's seemingly before you were aware of things happening a while ago, some stories had class warfare tones and less game of thrones styliings? A story with a splash of discovering your true history. In a world of cybernetic enhancements for good and bad.Identity in a new world order.
    ...and[IMG]
    :D
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Dragonball.

Speed Racer.

Ghost in the Shell.

Death Note.

All arguably some of the most iconic titles in anime, and none of the live-action attempts turned out all that great. Makes it a little understandable that folks would be a bit hesitant about trying to take on the Naruto franchise.

The eyes on Alita are bugging me less, and from the looks of things they did their homework on the source material. Hopefully it turns out well and helps set the table for the live-action Mobile Suit Gundam film to do well. Then maybe they could look at something like Naruto as a possibility.
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

When are the claims of "White Washing" going to begin? Need to know when to get the popcorn and beer ready
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

They took off the video, so here is a re-post

• Like x 1
  18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So here is the latest trailer for Alita Battle Angel
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Sounds like that guy forgot why she was called a "Battle Angel", or maybe he is just that stupid and didn't know
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So here is a small clip for the film