Batman inspired mask return?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CloneTK, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

Great idea. I would also like to get the 2 face face. My friend has both.
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

i dont understand why dcuo doesnt fix it for those ppl ... who cant unlock pre order batman shouldnt be able to see a gray head in first place !!! for what ? just to remind your customer they missed something ?? forever ???
    • Like x 1
  3. NCR RANGER New Player

I'm pretty sure if people had been polled with the option of skin vs style, style would have won by a landslide.
    • Like x 2
  4. The Doctor Loyal Player

If you get your team to add more fashionable men's headwear to the game I will mail you three stacks of exobits, any color, except red. Thank you.
  5. Jamie New Player

I wasn't around for the hack so I never got the rewards for sticking around. I'm cool with that. I would stick up for the people that became upset that they received an exclusive limited offered gift just to have it becomes available again.

If enough people want a Batman inspired mask then I'm sure that the dev's will give them one it just will not be the same as the back from the hack one that some people already have.
  6. NaumNML New Player

I am going to remember this post if you guys ever make OG Batman available for purchase. I feel special beating people up with him and getting asked how I got him.
  7. SuperBell Loyal Player

I have no idea how anybody could possibly get upset over something like this.
    • Like x 1
  8. tukuan Devoted Player

Since the pre-order was a part of an agreement with the vendors SOE can't just unilaterally decided to break that agreement. I would suspect that Best Buy et al. had to provide some sort of compensation for the right to be a pre-order vendor and large companies are not in the habit of giving up negotiated rights just cause players want something.

EDIT: I misread your suggestion. If it was an easy fix, sure they should hide the greyed out head.
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I'd like to see some iconic styles b market place only...

You could add things like hawk mans iconic mace style... Supermans iconics leggings which would be the legs with the views and his boots slimline... Wonder wimans iconic shield ... New 52 batman style.... The traditional green lantern slim line.... Robins iconic cape (the Tim drake style)... Things you could sell in the market place and a portion of the proceeds go to

[IMG]

Which helps stop hunger in Africa dc is already part of this campaign would be nice way for some of us to donate our money
    • Like x 3
  10. MentosTroll Loyal Player

How did people "earn" the batman mask?
    • Like x 2
  11. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

This was an exclusive item. Exclusive means exclusive. I'm sorry, but such is life. Wish there was a way around it, but I feel it would legitimately upset the people that earned that gift through some serious pain and suffering. Hopefully, there will be another style item that can one day fill that void for you, but it will never be this specific one.

So since exclusive means exclusive then I'm sure you guys can make an almost identical Mask to add into the game like the almost identical Classic Batman is to the PreOrder Batman exclusive. Or like the Red and Blue Plasmic Auras were almost identical to the exclusive Plasmic Aura before it. Would be nice to see as this has probably been the most asked for style/item as we see this thread weekly/monthly, and would be a great addition for Batman's 75th to go along with Classic Batman.
  12. Abstrakt Loyal Player

The Batman-Inspired Mask is a Head Armour Style issued as part of a special package to DCUO players in 2011.
    While primarily used to hide the identity of the wearer, the cowls and masks of the Bat Family possess advanced technology that mimick a bat's natural abilities through starlite lenses to see in utter darkness; aural-electronics to discern the faintest whispers; and inertial navigators and echolocation to assist in navigation and balance.
    They also contain internal computers that are linked directly to the Batcave computers. Through the computer, information such as medical records, building layouts and maps can be accessed and brought to eyesight through the cowl's lenses.
    Kevlar panels in the cowls provide protection over vulnerable skull areas against ballistics. The front of the skull and the sides of the temples also have small armor inserts to increase the effectiveness of skull strikes and protect from concussive blows. The cowl is also shielded against various methods of mind control.
    The style was released on August 31st, 2011 following a hacker attack that shut the SOE servers down following security concerns. The style was part of a "Welcome Back" package that also include the Two-Face-Inspired Mask, the Hack Attack and 20 Marks of Distinction.
    • Like x 2
  13. AlyceKrow New Player

I don't care that I can't have That specific mask.. fair enough.
    But a decent Bat mask. Why can we not have one?
    The only real options available at present are the Daring head.. which is a Catwoman mask, and the Vengence pvp mask.. which is not a Bat mask but has to make do. Or the tier gear from Batgirl... which is ok, but not a style I particularly like.
    If I want a Bat-type look why can't I get some decent head gear? I want my toon to look good, and present styles do not qualify.
    Personally, I would like a Cassandra Cain inspired Bat-mask.
    I might start an appeal thread for it :D
    • Like x 3
  14. Falco Committed Player

Whoa. I think I've been using it wrong.
    • Like x 1
  15. SuperiorMouse New Player

out of curiosity, was there a reason that the mask (or the 2face alternative) hasn't been made claim-able account wide for players who earned the mask at the time but maybe didn't have a character concept that it suited until after it was released? making it account wide would seem like a nice gesture for those players who have already earned it.
    • Like x 2
  16. NCR RANGER New Player

Yea I'd like those to be account bound as well.
  17. Miss Adora Loyal Player

It probably has to do with contracts but I can't see why they can't offer a different mask for an option for the 75th anniversary since they dropped the ball for Superman.
  18. MrHaberDasher New Player

But its not far for all player who don't have the mask....
  19. Fenrir New Player

They "earnt" the mask by happening to be there when they were given out. The slaved over a hot keyboard, and endured the ordeal of playing a video game they were going to be playing anway.

We should wake up every morning and aspire to be like these brave men and women who against all the odds, played a video game a little sooner than someone else.

/salute

In all seriousness though, its not worth the nerd rage to bring this mask back in its exact form. More dummies will be spat than is worth the hassle. what they SHOULD do is make a different awesome looking cowl inspired by batman, and give it out as part of the batman 75 event. Then add to the marketplace so we avoid the same horrid mess that the original batman inspired mask created, in the form of an entitled minority of players who feel they are above others for being in the right place at the right time.
    • Like x 5
  20. Fenrir New Player

Sums it up perfectly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.