Batman Day 2019!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Potatotester New Player

2. ConnerSandsmark Well-Known Player

And Yet again Superman and Wonder Woman gets no Love. you know those two are part of the trinity of the JL along with Batman and reminders, it was Superman that was the first, yet you guys never celebrate their creation day but you guys always celebrate Batman and the Flash, and yes I do realize that The Amazons has their own huge story arc and she does have some cool armor sets but besides some of the odd sun crystal armor and the two emblems that is not available anymore ( one from the BATMAN VS SUPERMAN and his anniversary Emblem which is not available anymore, there is only two costumes/ armor that is iconic, The Stalwart Defender and the Fallen God from God Fall. Besides the Fortress Missions about Brainiac, Doomed Metropolis,The Star Labs Mission about the exobytes, Crime Syndicate Uberman and the Kandor missionsand that is it. And out of those mission there really is not many awards that is Kryptonian. We would love some of the Kryptonian consoles and furniture from the Phantom Zone and Kandor, What we would really Love is a Superman Appreciation Day to go along With Bat Man and the Flash and even add a Wonderwoman Day. I understand that the Flash is cool and has his fan base and Definitely Batman and his whole Family is loved by Many, But The is a ton of Kryptonian Fans and Amazon Fans. Superman and Wonder Woman deserves to have their day celebrated along with Batman and the Flash. P.S. love the 3 new human skins and the Constantine hair I wish you would come out with another youthful skin that doesn't have freckles kinda similar to Superboy but not identical, out of the three there is only two I use, The young African American and Human one , Human three looks like a middle aged Marlon Brando with no beard. But besides the African American which looks young and resembles Kaldor the other two looks like the are in their 30s and 40s. I think we would even buy them, P.S.S. Think about doing a Kryptonian Base and a Themyscira Base People would definitely buy those, or at least I would. But over all keep up the good work.
    • Like x 1
  3. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

You do realise that Doomed Metropolis was added to the game as a celebration of Superman's anniversary (which is why the anniversary emblem was included there)? The anniversary emblem was available for a lot longer than any of the Batman anniversary gifts.
    • Like x 4
  4. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

Yep. what they need then is A wonder woman anniversary event thingie. Or at least gifts.
    • Like x 1
  5. Midnight Man8 Level 30

What about the Villains? Lex Luthor, Circe and Joker. They play the vital role in the living of DC Universe as the antagonist character. Without them, the heroes will be utterly useless to be reckoned. I love the Joker. Besides the Joker movie is around the corner. Villains need love. Why only the heroes with powers? Why is this and that? Why? This is how and why a villain become a Villain.
    • Like x 1
  6. Korvyne Committed Player

Wondered about this too. Thank you
    • Like x 1
  7. myandria Item Storage

Hmm.. Wonder Woman is due for another one. I think we got a t shirt with her emblem on it the last time.
    • Like x 2
  8. Papa Coyote New Player

I agree. Wonder Woman needs some love. With the new Movie and all, I think she needs a Week of Her own and a couple of Gifts.

We all need a Villian Month. As much as the Villians tie into the creation of the Heroes (which came First, the Bat or the Joker?), the need recognition also.
    • Like x 2
  9. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

The Batman Day shirts are nice. The design on the "Since 1939" is simple and straightforward. Good job!
    • Like x 2
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

For those wondering if you can change the color of the T-shirts. ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. darth_paul Dedicated Player

It’s still showing 16 and not 0
    • Like x 3
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The Hotfix did not seem to work. :eek: Still 16 replays to unlock the styles. ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Hot fix for the 14th said the shirts were going to be fix so we can get them free but still says 16 each.
    • Like x 1
  14. AncientSpirit Active Player

Has the hotfix happened? It's Sunday and the Bat tee shirts are still listed as 16 Replay cost on my alts.
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

There was already a Wonder Woman Emblem years ago, as well as a Wonder Woman Movie Emblem as part of the infamous Batman v Superman Emblem Swag Bag.

There was also, at one time, a Wonder Woman Shield and Base/League Hall Wall decoration with an Amazon Eagle motif that I missed out on because they were given out as player gifts (one per account) at a time when I had to stop playing for a bit due to real life stuff. :oops:

But regardless, the 80th Anniversary for Wonder Woman, Green Lantern Alan Scott, Dick "Robin/Nightwing" Grayson, and a BUNCH of other DC characters is in 2020, as those characters were introduced in 1940. So, we'll see what they do for her next year! ;)
    • Like x 2
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

My fault. The hotfix was planned for Monday morning (today), not Saturday. I have updated the notes, and the cost should be correct now.
    • Like x 8
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's funny how with the passage of time, younger fans aren't even aware how much the 1966 television show was absolutely hated by the vast majority of pre-existing Batman comics fans. Batman had not previously been a subject of camp mockery. (Check the linked article by comics historian Arlen Schumer.)

Saying this will, of course, cause a ton of people to spring up to proclaim their love of the show. I'm not trying to persuade anyone not to love the show. I'm not here to argue the pro or cons of the show. I'm simply noting the historical facts of the time. Please don't try arguing with me about the virtues of the show because it's fine with me that you adore it. Really.

It's just interesting the way history gets remembered or not remembered.
    • Like x 1
  18. Irvynnge Loyal Player

Batman fans are never happy. I still remember them going apoplectic over Michael Keaton's casting. & let's not forget how absolutely barking batsh*t bonkers they all went when that first photo of Heath Ledger as the Joker appeared on the web. never. happy. & as far as the old telly show goes, I loved it when I was a kid, & Cesar Romero is probably still my favourite live-action Joker, but I can't watch it now.
  19. hero turner Well-Known Player

Yeah like a belt,waist style with her lasso attached to it.
    • Like x 3
  20. mexmex Dedicated Player

[IMG]

To learn more about Batman Day, head to the official DC Comics site for news, information, and more. Happy Batman Day![/quote]

Any one knows what is the female hairstyle, and where to find it???????? haven't seen that one