Batcave Breach

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Oct 17, 2019.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t even know where to start with what’s wrong with the logic here.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's no need for a tank at all in this alert except to maybe tank adds during the ARC and Bane fights, which again isn't necessary. ARC can ignore Tank during it's shield phases, Bane will leave the tank to rip a pipe from the wall. What is there to tank during SInestro fight, just SInestro who will turn around and hit a random player anyway.

So you have a Tank who didn't counter in time, 2 DPS and one floor taste tester.
    • Like x 1
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Alerts are meant to be completed with any combination of roles. And how could he POSSIBLY have countered in time?! The whole thing was over in about a second.
    • Like x 3
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

This is what make this community one of the worse in gaming. Nothing constructive, just insults.
    This alert is broken. I too have all the feats and has made at least 1 billion on the drops from it.
    1. Atomic pull the barrel men across the map with the barrel still in their hands.
    2. I've beaten the 1st map in 7:40 on multiple toons and no speed feat has popped. The CS are a lot longer than 40 seconds
    It's a lot more wrong, but imo, these 2 are the worse
    • Like x 7
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh yeah, because Atomic’s pull just kind of teleports adds to you. Yet another oversight.
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You sir, are correct about that. Guess what though...zero K.O.s are not guaranteed...and that's a concept you need to drill into your head post haste. If you completed the instance while getting your loot and were able to get feats at one point or another, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!! No amount of constant whining will get you the Fisher-Price level alerts you are looking for.
    • Like x 4
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So the game giving me a fair chance to save myself is fisher price level?! Wow, just wow.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

People get knocked out. It happens. Just because it happens to you personally and without fail doesn't mean the alert is broken. You ran it without a healer and without a defense buff, ko's are expected.

But it's gonna be ok because the voice of reason himself ABLT is here to your rescue. Now they'll definitely have to readjust the alert. LMAO I'll see myself out.
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Having a tank should be more effective than having that defence buff. I can’t believe I even have to say that. Plus this is only one of dozens of things wrong with this alert. I just happened to get really good evidence of this particular issue on video today. Irrefutable, I thought. But it seems nothing is irrefutable when dealing with a complete lack of understanding of good video game design combined with utterly boneheaded stubbornness.

I apologise for my bluntness, but frankly, more diplomatic words elude me right now because I am stunned that this is even an argument I am having.
    • Like x 1
  10. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

To be fair Light blast is a one hit K.o. even with the defense buff AND a healer on deck and sometimes because he just got knocked down and broke out of it he has a knock down immunity for a few pivitol seconds.
    • Like x 2
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’ve seen that happen too. This attack is just straight up busted and I’m utterly incredulous that anyone is defending it.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Not when enemies are specifically scripted to ignore/disengage the tank.

Not every fight has to be "tank and spank". It's predictable and it's boring. Which is funny to me because the alert is already predictable and boring.

I would suggest you run the event version but I'm going to assume you found that to be "broken" as well?
  13. Elusian Crowd Control

Light Blast can be easily countered. I don't see the problem. Even if he targets me, I'm able to counter him in time.

Dying from it is also no shame as a pickup is easily managable as there is nothing else threatning in this fight.
    • Like x 1
  14. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Sinestro's Light Blast should be that strong. He's like the leader of the Yellow Lanterns. And... he was right about not taking the Metal to Earth, but y'all didn't listen to him... and now we're stuck in the Dark Multiverse. :-(

But in all seriousness, seeing the posts in this thread makes me happy. I was getting really upset about people getting KO'd during that fight. I thought I wasn't doing my job as a healer properly. He would eat through my group shields with that thing, and I would only SOMETIMES be able to get my big heals off in time IF the person he targeted with his Light Blast had a lot of HP... or if I had an Earth Tank with me that used Brick to split the damage.
    • Like x 3
  15. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

That line made my day. Lol!
    • Like x 1
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Okay, well let’s just actively contribute to the continued marginalisation of support roles in this game, just so long as you’re entertained. Never mind that it’s also a detriment to people trying to heal, as shown above.
  17. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Happened to me plenty of times...the secret? get picked up and move on.
    • Like x 2
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

From what I can see you didn't seem to do anything wrong. That doesn't mean everyone else did everything right. From your perspective I couldn't see any actual tells, but maybe there was one and no one acted on it, and you were targeted by Sinestro. It happens...your teammate came to recover you so it doesn't look like it was a wipe. So what's the big issue??? If it were a regular occurrence that prevented you from completing the instance that would be something to seriously look at. A K.O. that doesn't mean a guaranteed wipe is not exactly broken.
    • Like x 2
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I promise you there is absolutely no tell. This particular character gets right up in Sinestro’s face if there’s a healer to mitigate the damage from dread dispersion, an AoE cast on a player that damages people around them. So I would know if there was one.

If they add one, that would also be an acceptable solution to this bug. I don’t mind being K.Oed so much since the weapons pass, but I would still like it to actually be someone’s (preferably my own) fault if it does happen. I really don’t see how anyone could have a problem with that.

I also would like to reiterate that this is not the only issue with the instance. There are plenty of others.
  20. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Not broken but sometimes Sinestros timing really sucks. When he skulls he is going to encase Stewart or Hal and to TRY key word try to not let tge sinestro bot win you have to lunge him to knock him out of it. If you are not trying to get the robot to win you can let him incase them but 9 times out of 10 people knick him out of the animation. Sometimes he will summon a turret to empower the robot but other times he will immediately light blast. If he goes the light blast route you can't counter him out of it because he has the immunity from breaking out of the animation. At which point you are sol. I have found that a lot of this alert comes down to choosing the lesser of two evils. But I still hate the arc. Not because its hard but I feel like I am in the spin cycle more than half the time with him
    • Like x 1