Basically impossible to PUG T5 raids

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by scotch74, Aug 23, 2013.

1. One_Man_Army New Player

LOL You wish. I know I am NOT wrong because I actually AM full T5 with basic 5 mods in all my gear with the exception of the rings which have T4 mods. Guess where my CR stands. Yup. That's right. 97. That's with an 83 weapon, 83 face, 83 neck, 83 ring, 82 ring, 87 utility belt, and the rest 85. I know for a fact that gets you to 97 because that's where I currently stand.
  2. HULKSMASH New Player

There. i dont believe i missing anything there anymore.

85 item level weapon.
    85 item level head.
    83 item level face.
    83 item level Neck.
    85 item level chest.
    85 item level legs.
    86 item level shoulders.
    85 item level hands.
    86 item level feet.
    82 item level ring.
    85 item level ring
    85 item level back
    85 item level waist
    86 item level trinket/belt (savaged the 87cr one i got,3comsumable wtf?)
    All with normal V mod's
    show me your "magic" whats my cr?
  3. thelostczarnian New Player

screen shot?
  4. One_Man_Army New Player

5. HULKSMASH New Player

Welp you are wrong.
    See here is the trick.
    the gear is correct but im full moded with exp mod's and my cr is 98.
    can you drop it now?its not your fault,devs should have told us the formula and how mods
    affect your gear long time ago.
  6. One_Man_Army New Player

LOL What? Why do I need a screenshot to prove where I stand? Ask other players in the game with the same set up. Just ask. Ask anyone who is full T5 with basic mods. I'm not the only one who fits that bill you know. I've come across other players who are full T5 and sticking with basic mods until they can get their hands on an expert one, and they're at 97 CR too. I'm telling you, full T5 with 83 weapon, 83 neck, 83 face, 83 ring, 82 ring and 87 utility belt, modded with basic 5 mods, IS in fact 97 CR. That's a verifiable fact.
  7. One_Man_Army New Player

LOL Tell me, where does 97.55 round to? Yup. 97.55 rounds to 98. So, you were saying? Thanks for proving my point. Guess it is time to drop it, unless you want to claim that 97.55 rounds to 97 now. Do you? Do you want to claim a mathematical improbability?
  8. thelostczarnian New Player

why not just get expert mods for the stats then? help alot in raids and then you will see for yourself.
  9. thelostczarnian New Player

this game doesnt round up it rounds down
    • Like x 1
  10. HULKSMASH New Player

Ok then i will drop it. you win.
  11. thelostczarnian New Player

my guess was based on your statement of having "normal mods"
  12. One_Man_Army New Player

Oh, I will eventually. I want those stats too. Just out of my reach currently. But, keep a look out for that 101 CR player, lol. Again, preferably before the War of the Light drops. I'm not arguing against the stat boost, just the CR boost.
  13. thelostczarnian New Player

can you even find me a 98 cr player with no expert mods?
  14. NexGen New Player

Everything rounds down here in DCUO. His cr when properly calculated is above 98. It is not 97.55 (maybe with regular v mods it would be), but that's what full expert does...about 1cr boost.
  15. One_Man_Army New Player

Next dlc, I guarantee you that'll be me. I'll be sitting on 98 CR with 1 item level shy of 99. Again, that's assuming I'm not lucky enough to get one of the 87 or 88 pieces from the raids or an expert plan to keep with my basic mods. If I can get lucky in the raids, I could likely find myself at 99.
  16. One_Man_Army New Player

Not quite everything. In Tesseract Prime's formula, yes, it does round down for sure. But at certain points, the rounding goes up. 97.55 rounds to 98. 97.45 rounds to 97. Mathematics is as logical as you can get. When dealing with 97.55, it's 98.

And, as I said, find me that 101 CR player. If expert mods increase your CR by 1, the highest possible CR right now is 101. Find me that player, and I'll consider the matter dropped. That is, if what you say is true. Good luck finding the player who has run both Nexus and Paradox hundreds of times just to get every 87 and 88 piece he can possibly get.
  17. thelostczarnian New Player

1 item shy? its takes much more than 1 item to jump from 98 to 99 trust me. since reaching cr 99 ive upgraded 2 items by 1 cr and swapped a 85 ring for a 87 ring and still am at 99 cr it really takes alot to move that cr up at this level
  18. NexGen New Player

Yes, I'm aware of rounding in real life, when we should go up or down. I'm relaying to you that DCUO does not abide by these rules and even 1.90 is as good as 1.00 here. That is how vit to power out and cr is calculated, as well as other stats.
  19. thelostczarnian New Player

sure it works that way in school but see your math teacher didnt not write the algorithms for this game. the devs did. the devs decided to make everything in the game round down. this is because the devs were creating a game and not a calculator
  20. One_Man_Army New Player

LOL I'm talking about switching out 11 pieces of gear here, not just 2 or 3. Doing so will gain me a CR with 1, maybe 2, item levels shy of 99 CR.