Up-Votes Needed Base Items do not drop in Birds of Prey

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Brit, May 19, 2020.

1. Brit Loyal Player

I've been watching this for a while. I even got my Augments high enough to add the additional loot options.

In all Birds of Prey instanced content, plus the mission completion boxes for the dailies and weeklies, the loot will provide the following options.

#1. Attunable item box
    #2. Attunable item box
    #3. Attunable item box OR Crafting Recipe OR Lexcorp Exobyte for Augments

If you have Augments providing additional loot options, the additional loot options will be placed between #2 & #3, and will always be an Attunable item box.

This is highly inconsistent with previous Episodes where Base Items would drop as a regular part of loot, and where more than one slot of loot option could be filled with something that was not an Attunable item box. In Metal II, for example, it was not uncommon to get:

#1. Attunable item box
    #2. Attunable item box
    #3. Base Item
    #4. Crafting Recipe OR Thanaganarian Exobyte for Augments

In Birds of Prey, the only way to access the base items seems to be from opening the additional Queued Content Chest that drops at the end of an instance. Those will contain 3 items, that will be some combination of Base Items, extra Source Marks, and occasionally the Enhanced Retribution style-only pieces.

Like many players, I have my Augments already max'd. Losing the option for Base Items as boss rewards and being forced into exclusively choosing between Attunable Item Boxes that will immediately be salvaged into Exobytes that I don't actually need is less than ideal. The option to choose base items was what I went with as soon as I had completed all my Tier Gear + the dropped purple style. There is more of a chance of LexCorp Robots or LexCorp Barrels being useful in multiples than there is of downgrade gear being useful. And at the very least, Base Items are always tradable, so you can sell them on the broker if they aren't something you want.

Anyways, it appears to be a minor oversight in your loot tables for the bosses where you accidentally left off all the Base Items, so I figured I'd let you know that way you can fix it.
    • Like x 3
  2. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I raised this question during testing (for example, I did solo more than 100 times on the test server on the side of villains and heroes), Base Items were only from the subscriber’s chests and collection ... but no one answered...
  3. Brit Loyal Player

It seems like a really odd decision if it was done intentionally. From a practical standpoint, the extra loot options are an unlock of our Augments, but seem totally useless when unlocking +2 extra loot options just means getting your choice between 5 different attunable boxes of downgrade gear.

I personally had suspected that there is just a division between loot on the boss's table, with some things that are programmed to be as loot options (like the attunable boxes) and some things that are designed to be additional loot that drops independent of the selection options (like the Canary Cries). The base items were meant to be on the selectable list as they have been in the previous Episodes for years, but were accidentally left off of BOTH lists, making them only attainable through the chests.

I'm sure it's not a high priority for them, especially compared to certain other bugs that came with the Episode. But I do hope they get it fixed sooner rather than later, because I am already to the point where every single boss is going to drop gear that I don't need, a recipe I already have learned, or an exobyte for Augments that have already been max'd.

And much like years ago when I finished my PvP gear, as soon as there are no rewards for running content, nothing at all to be gained, it becomes far less motivating to queue up and run it. Collecting base items means that we still get something. Those attunable boxes are just grinding into Exobytes that I am then feeding down to alts out of lack of anything to do with them. And there isn't really a reason why my CR77 bank alt needed 4 200+ Vitalization Augments equipped.
  4. StealthBlue Loyal Player

The augment bonus is for an additional gear choice in the loot picker, nothing more. On alerts you normally have 2 gear choices and one choice of something else. With a single augment leveled appropriately you will have 3 gear choices and one choice of something else. This bonus has been the same for all episode augments.

The "problem" is that there are fewer base items in this episode, so they aren't flooding the loot table for the non gear loot choice. If have to check the rats again, but you get a few more choices besides the gear so it could be more likely that a base item choice appears there, unless they are explicitly only in the member/owner box.
  5. Eve YouTuber

I asked about it when it was on test too. I never got a reply. It looks intentional to me. But It's kind of annoying, we also didn't get a box of base items to buy off the vendor, and open world missions does not drop them. And we barely got any base items, too :\
  6. Brit Loyal Player

I do understand how the Augment increased loot options worked. I actually held off on making the complaint until I was at the +2 loot options, just so that I would be getting even more choices to further confirm my suspicions. In over a hundred runs of the Alert and the dailies, and dozens of runs of the solo and the raids, no base item has ever been present on a boss drop (or in the box for completing a daily). After asking around, that has also been the situation for every single other player. It is either a bug that we have all noticed but the development team has not acknowledged, or it is an intentional change which was unannounced and has not been addressed when we repeatedly asked about it.

Right now, the only way to obtain Base Items is in the final queued content completion chest for subscribers, or by buying the random base items box from the vendor with your Lexcoins. The base items were (I personally believe accidentally) left off of the boss loot tables.

This is not a matter of it coming up less often. The base items do not drop on the boss loot tables. At all. Ever. They were left off of the loot table. That is why we are reporting the bug to have it corrected. If they dropped on the boss loot table, but they were just rarer, that would be fine. If they dropped on the boss loot table commonly, but a lack of options made them feel repetitive and constantly getting the same ones, that is fine. But with the Augments completed, we get 5 loot options, and the loot table is laid out as such:

#1 - Always an attunable piece of gear.
    #2 - Always an attunable piece of gear.
    #3 - Always an attunable piece of gear.
    #4 - Always an attunable piece of gear.
    #5 - Attunable piece of gear OR Lexcorp Exobyte OR Crafting Recipe

The first 4 options are locked, always appearing as attunable gear instead of randoming through the boss's loot table. Only the 5th slot rolls randomly, and it does not include Base Items on it's list.

And having Base Items on the list is important, because once you complete your gear, slots 1-4 are effectively worthless, only containing downgrade gear. Slot 5 will have a recipe (that you probably already have), an Exobyte (for your Episode Augments that are already max'd), or a 5th option for gear downgrade. The base item was literally the only option of any use or value after completing your gear.
  7. Brit Loyal Player

Birds of Prey loot tables were never fixed to include any base items.

Was this an intentional decision? Will Wonderverse also not drop any base items?