Base Items belong in the Vault

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Harlequin_Nox, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Okay - so, I've posted this a couple times before, but I'm not sure it's really being seen in the midst of so many other posts. And, because I think it can change a common complaint, I'm posting it as its own thread.

Devs, please take Base Items out of Lock-boxes and move them to the Vault. This would make visiting the Vault worthwhile and make the loot table for Lock-boxes less bloated. Conversely, please take the PVP Styles out of the Vault (and keep them in the vendor where they have been recently added). This would also help to reduce the bloated loot table in the Vault. The general idea is to switch some things around and make the loot tables less bloated while making the Vault worth going to again.

As an aside (and not relevant to the above request), it would be great to see some more rare drops like the Joker Jetpack and Kryptonite Chunk trinket added to the Vault - maybe one or two rare Auras? Perhaps add some new Forms to the Vault and Marketplace, as well?

These things don't need to be monetized, as they already are. It would just really boost the value of Vault Tickets and make people actually feel like they're worth buying.

Thoughts?
    • Like x 45
  2. tukuan Devoted Player

Some good points
    • Like x 2
  3. Zuse Loyal Player

Yes i agree
  4. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Some very good points, this would also open up slots in the lockbox for more styles and the like.

Rare auras and the like would also be super cool.
    • Like x 3
  5. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

I quit visiting the vault a few weeks ago, so I can really see your point. I would remove from the vault the most common styles (like biomech and egyptian) and, if really they don't want to put rare stuff in there, let me have things like Radar enhancer or R&D Scanners. Honestly, I never found common stuff in the lock boxes. I keep finding master mercenary, base items and marks of reality, that I appreciate. The boxes are so rare, though, that something more interesting might be worth to add.
    • Like x 3
  6. GregDawe New Player

Here here.

Also, if we're adding iconic styles.
    Thoughts on "future inspired" gear.
    Like Future Batman, with his 'worn and torn' armor.
    Some slimline armor/gear that has a bit of wear to it would be so awesome.
    Maybe even not as gear, but an accessory option "Worn and Torn"
    Gives whatever gear you are wearing that 'straight out of an epic battle' look to it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

While I appreciate the support, who mentioned adding styles? :p The whole idea is to reduce the bloat - not add to it. I like the style ideas, but this is the wrong thread for that. :/

Styles in the Vault are only good for one time when you get them, and they cannot be traded or sold. So they just end up being deleted. By adding Base Items to the Vault, we would be adding items that have value beyond just a single use. That's why this would make the Vault worth something again. And reducing the bloat in the loot table, of course. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. GregDawe New Player

Sorry. I think something you said sparked my idea.

Would an idea for the vault items be to have them so that once collected, they are unobtainable again(only for styles of course)?
    Making the trip to the vault always somewhat beneficial.
    Either that OR make the items sellable in the broker?
    • Like x 1
  9. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

You can only collect a Style once. Once you have it, it cannot be collected again, but with Base Items you can always have more than one Dartboard, Tapestry, or Hanging Light Bulb - and if you don't want more, you can sell it. That's why having Base Items in the Vault would always be beneficial (if you land one, any way). The only change I'm proposing is where you get the Base Items from; the Vault instead of Lock-boxes. Everything else about them would be the same.

I hope that clarifies things. :)
    • Like x 3
  10. NexGenX New Player

1,000 times yes. I'm not a very thrilled subscriber when I open a lockbox to find a wall carving or a Humble statue for the hundredth time. :mad:
    • Like x 5
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I agree. I would like ALL base items. Not just some or a select few, but every single base item in the game to be put into the vault. But in order to keep the loot tables low and not pollute them with base items, instead of every base item being in the vaults loot table, a single "Base Item" entity would be placed in the vault's loot table and should the "Base Item" entity be selected for a player, a random base item is granted to the player.

There should be no stacking of odds or making certain base items more rare than others. You stand an equal chance of getting an IV Pole as you do a Playhouse Accent Table.
    • Like x 1
  12. GregDawe New Player

I know.
    What i meant, was I still pull Demonic Feet (for example) even though I have collected them before.
    My thought was once I got Demonic Feet, they are eliminated from dropping in my Vault ever again, as I cannot sell nor trade them.
    If they want to keep Demonic Feet in the mix after I have collected them, them make them sellable through the broker.
    • Like x 2
  13. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I got the kryptonite chunk in the vault >.> but i REALLLLLY want the Gloves of clinging and journey boots. I would love to mess with the different movement modes from time to time but those drops never dropped for me ever
  14. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

For me, the Kryptonite Chunk Trinket is the only drop from the Vault I do not have right now. I've got all three pieces of movement gear, the OMAC Trinket, and if there's a style I'm missing it's only one piece. And the Kryptonite Chunk Trinket is basically just a Form change to the Vanguard of the Heavens skin with the Kryptonian Iconic Powers for a loadout.

It's time for something new.
  15. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I have it on my nature i think. the three powers given are quite fun. I wish i had the omac trinket
    • Like x 1
  16. HermanRuth New Player

I just wish we could salvage base items. I'm not into having a dollhouse, so all that trash gets deleted.
    • Like x 1
  17. speedster1981 Committed Player

I agree 1000% since I renewed my subscription in feb all I've really been getting is base items in lock-boxes and VERY few styles and 2 auras since becoming legendary last august :( which is VERY disappointing and annoying especially when you get a lock-box and the first thought you have is ahhhh another base item :( please devs make it all fun and exciting to go to the vault and get lock-boxes again PLEASEEE
    • Like x 3
  18. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

You could always just send it to me instead of deleting it. I like my barbies. :p
  19. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

I agree with removing pvp styles from vault however
    I'd rather see devs completely removing Vault Tickets from the game and just add the ability to unlock vault with replay badges just like every other 1 player instance in the On Duty menu. Also changing to standard loot lock instead of entrance block will also solve the issue of crashing/disconnecting while/after you enter the vault so the game would not incorrectly think that you completed it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proto1118 Committed Player

The vault needs a revamp. It becomes so useless at T5. I don't know why I still run it every day. Habit I guess.
    • Like x 2