Base design

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by velvetsanity, Feb 10, 2018.

1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Im wanting to put together a Star Sapphire/mystical/spiritual themed base. I know the Star Sapphire/Zamaron portion is mostly if not entirely part of the valentine’s event...where do I find base items with mystical/occult and spiritual and/or martial arts themes? Also interested in Viking themed items.
  2. Dene Devoted Player

As a start.. look up Dojo on the broker... there should be a lot to see. There are a lot of oriental themed items that could be used to create a martial arts themed base...When I did one I used

Dojo items - think gym stuff but all based on a dojo.. including decorative sword items etc
    Wood Panel flooring
    Dog Foo Scrolls
    Dragon & Eastern scrolls - look up scroll and you will see some great ones for what you need.. mystical/oriental/occultish etc (the shimmering ones are great... there are ceiling ones as well as wall ones in multiple colours.
    There are street lamps that may suit - the have a chinatown feel

There are some great things that may suit like Magical Braziers.. a sort of lamp

There are actually base item sets called Mystical & Occult - they may suit

Best advice i can give is go to the base items tab, of the broker.. spend some time going through it all in alphabetical order.. just to browse.. there will be things you didn't know existed and will suit perfectly
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

where do I find out where to get which items other than the blasted broker? Just a mystical themed bed alone costs 1/4 million on there. I can’t afford to spend millions to be stuck broke and with only a small fraction of what I’d need to fully decorate. My character isn’t a multiquintillionaire.
  4. Dene Devoted Player

ok fair call

The way I do it is, I think of the broker as window shopping.. look at it and see what you like. Then google that item.. most items have a location e.g. which raid, duo or npc drops them.. rarity varies which is evident in pricing
    • Like x 1
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

Obviously, you want to try and farm for the rarer items that may cost millions per item, but unless you got a ton of alts all ready to devote their time into mass-farming for both new and old base items over anything else, you really can't avoid the broker.

I'd suggest keep a steady eye on the broker for the items you want and see how frequently the price changes on them. Some items get cheap enough so that you can purchase plenty of them and save some time farming multiple in-game.

Welcome to base building, home of the broke! Good luck. :D
    • Like x 2
  6. Dene Devoted Player

Worst is when you change your mind on a theme - LOL
    • Like x 1
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

The classic, 6 or so months after an episode you used to run like hell, you decide that you are going to need a hot ton of said base items. People are hardly running the content anymore and the prices have gone through the roof on most of the items... lol

I now hoard as many base items I can from any epsiode while they're new and prices are as cheap they will get, just to avoid the above. :p
    • Like x 2
  8. OneBadBoi Active Player

I'm willing to donate some items for your base. I have a couple warehouse toons that I use for holding seasonal items from events for out of season resale. I do have some things from the Halloween event that you might like. Items like the ritual circles, hanging ravens, steaming cauldron and a few others. Feel free to message me your characters name and I'll make sure to send you some items.
  9. GL4ever Well-Known Player

A-freaking-men! LOL! Like a dummy, I didn't really mess with the anniversary event a whole lot, but now that it's over, I suddenly decided a few days ago that I needed a few of the Coluan items for my Yellow Lantern base. I even had to strip down gear off toons I'm not really running much to salvage for simple and complex materials to sell :(
    • Like x 1
  10. Starblast Well-Known Player

doesn't the mystical/occult stuff drop in the sons of trigon duos? I will say that I have noticed some base items not dropping near as much as they used to. You may also want to go back and replay the early below level 30 content. I forget which ones. the one where you save Batwoman. it also drops the batwoman cape. and Madame Xanadu's magic shop, the other one where you Brother Blood has all the blood vats and the other mission where you fight the brainwashed Titans. I would also try some of the solo missions. I know that Decathectred Cathedral and Unholy Matrimony also drop really cool stuff but you also may get Bombshell posters as well. but those are very cool and i'm sure you could sell those on the broker if you really didn't want them. All of the Amazon Fury 3 base items would fit your theme. Between the 4 daily solo missions alone you could get all kinds of stuff. I would almost advise just playing off the wall stuff. that usually is when I get items that don't drop everywhere. again a lot of the solo stuff you can queue for I think does. I know for a fact though that Amazon Fury 3 stuff would all fit your theme. the medusa heads on the walls - flamiing and not flaming. the bowls of fire empty and not empty. the Harpy nest and phoenix eggs. The Hecate Statue.
  11. Dene Devoted Player

Been there done that :(

I may do this more - or basically every base item i get - Is there even a 10% chance i may create a space to use this ??? then KEEP IT lol
    • Like x 1
  12. velvetsanity Loyal Player

If it helps regarding suggestions...all of the following can be applied to the character: valkyrie, Star Sapphire, demigoddess, wealthy
  13. Dene Devoted Player

Ornate Spear Rack would be perfect

Demons Plan Alert would give you some great stuff - The bed.. The Ottomans.. the lights etc would be perfect

look up "ornate" and/or "lavish"
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What I'm currently building a base with ^^^
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm not sure about how up to date some of the base item guides are. if you're serious i would suggest trial and error and maybe keeping a few notes on what instance gave you what base item. the loot drops were shaken up a ways back.

try the amazon fury duos. the grecian base items arw cool and ive gotten lots of the halls of power artifacts from them.

most of the classic base items (mystical and payhouse etc) drops from early tiered and leveling content.

i've been getting central city base items ( the cloudy and ice windows) from dwf...
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Hold on to any base items that have "Palatial" in their name. Those are rare, upscale looking.
  17. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Upscale is good. Also, I forgot to list ‘Broadway actress’ among the words that can describe the character.

One thing I’m already certain of, I need one more Star Sapphire wall banner
  18. Dene Devoted Player

There are some really nice looking curtain and drapery items. They drop in trigons prison. Look up drape in broker. Will give you exact names
  19. Dene Devoted Player

That palatial purple couch though :/

its like so odd.. as in nothing matches it and it just sits there LOL
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i seem to recall lots of drapes and bookcases out of the demons plan and pit instances.