Barcode Players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Psycho Tech, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

You know The ones. How do the devs expect us to report characters who speedhack when their names are a mile long w/ varying capital i & lowercase l? Just ran into 1 who popped into our last fight & because of the kick system being “unavailable” they couldn’t be kicked. even if i send the devs a screenshot I sincerely doubt even they can distinguish a large name full of I & l which look identical. This needs to be addressed
    • Like x 5
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah they probably need to change it so the report feature doesn't need to be manually typed, perhaps make it so you can do it through the social menu by clicking on the character name and putting it at the bottom so its harder to accidentally press it or when you do it, perhaps make it bring up a "confirmation box" to avoid accidental report logging.

It doesn't seem like it would hurt given the follow up email is required for any action to be taken in any case.
    • Like x 3
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

They should be able to pull it up regardless if you give them the run and a time stamp. Im sure it records all players you were in the run with, and they (should) be able to find the offender from that.
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah, nothing else gives you satisfaction like smashing a report button on that ***** though, am i right :D
    • Like x 3
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

every time I see speed hackers its in open world killing bounty's
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It would be nice if typing /report or selecting the players name and pushing a Report option brought up its own UI menu to fill out. One can dream though.
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

Send them a DM to log it, then time stamp it. Then send in a ticket saying when you DMed said hacking playing to let them use your chatlog to locate them.
    • Like x 1
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

Thats neck and neck with seeing them complain about it in shout.
    • Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

yeah and on EU they have special characters which makes it harder. Maybe they need to force letters in names just in case.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Screenshot and email to cheater@dcuniverseonline.com (or upload a video and send us the link). If you have your group on there as well, it makes it even easier for us.

Remember, smashing that report button doesn't do anything unless you also open a support ticket. The email is best way.
    • Like x 4
  11. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Im not on pc, as many others are not. Unless you guys want me to creep on my tv w my cellphone anticipating a cheater i cannot do much. Report was soooo much easier when it was a ingame feature especially as a ps user :/
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You don't know how to record or take a screenshot on console?
  13. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Screenshot of what? Me disconnecting myself so i dont get cheated credit from a speedhacker i cant kick because the kick system is garbage? Or a video i have no way to transfer because browser is also garbage. Buying a usb or external form of transference should not be part of my subscription. It’s ridiculous at this point, cant even enjoy the game without ppl cheating
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Screenshot of the group so they can backtrack to identify the cheater. If you're on PS you share a video clip to YouTube and save it as unlisted, just send customer service the link so they can view it.
  15. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

You have to have a youtube, which i do not

As far as name screenshot I didn’t think of that, i could try that 1 if i come across him a 3rd time
  16. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I emailed in my 2 characters names at least, after that bs i stopped using them for the day

Edit: sorry if i in any way seemed hostile, just went from a fun league day to a back to back issue where we had to leave, so a bit bummed.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I literally only have a Twitter and YouTube account just to share screenshots and videos.
  18. Trykz Dedicated Player

Relying on the community to prevent cheating is a complete failure. By not introducing competent cheat detection software to the game you allow cheating, thus ruining the game for so many, devaluing every feat in the game. It’s lunacy to expect the community to police itself.
    • Like x 3