Banking in DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mistress of Da Skies, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Mistress of Da Skies New Player

I have a few questions about banking in DCUO for the devs. First I'd like to know why the shared bank on accounts has no cash sharing element to it. I have many characters on my account and would like to have access to my cashflow from the bank amenity as opposed to having to change from one to another. Secondly, Why is the shared bank limited in space in contrast to the character bank or inventory spots? Thirdly, in relation to league hall banks, why does each level of unlocking cost more than the previous? For smaller leagues its difficult to accumulate prestige enough for proficiencies, and extras like this negatively affect the community of a league if we cannot afford the increasing costs of unlocking bank space for our league mates. Any reply from a dev would be appreciated.
    • Like x 5
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

I agree using the mail system for cash exchange is trash also league buffs cost to much prestige for todays league population.
    • Like x 3
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I VOTE YES to this idea. While the email system works at times that seems like it takes forever.... I send an email to an ALT that needs a cash boost to get some thing off the broker.. Then switch characters and bring on the LAT that needs the cash...

and wait..... and wait ..... and wait ... and Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz HUH Oh sorry i fell asleep. LOL I think ya all get the idea ... Now I don't expect instant delivery but come on.. Its the same account just a different alt and its the same serve so why exactly do i wind up roaming around my lair trying to think of things to keep busy until that MAIL finally arrives.

On the other hand... I want to send an ALT some Nth metal, a collection piece, or just about anything else you can think of and i can stick it in a shared bank slot and as soon as I log the new Alt on .. THERE IT IS!

Now since I do not see how making this change in any way affects game play or does anything else bad..... HEY DEVS how about it? Give us a special slot to store in game cash in the shared bank.
    • Like x 2
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

As long as it's done like EQ2 where the Shared Bank cash has to be manually input, then you will get support from me (and to those who cry about how much hassle it is having to manually input the cash when switching to an alt, or switching to their shopper-alt: if you know you will be shopping, is it really that bothersome to go to the bank and transfer the money? if it's because you 'keep forgetting' to transfer before checking the Broker, then that's on you)
    • Like x 1
  5. Dene Devoted Player

I like the idea of of our cash being like replay badges - account bound
    • Like x 2
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No, just... no
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Sort of doubt you would ever get that..... Makes it too easy for the Broker is my favorite part of the game players... They don't even have to deal with transferr

ing cash to grab up that sweet deal that just showed up... Just BUY and sell it later for ten times more.

Okay NOW I would just love to hear why you are so adamantly opposed to this. Because it could be exploited? Well DUH welcome to the game just about anything we have out there some one has found a way to exploit.

On the OTHER hand ... It is MY money. i earned it and I should be able to do just about anything I want with it. Create a new alt and instead of having to LOG on my main and transfer fund .. The new alt just goes and buys what ever it needs. And that is an exploit because? If I can email that same alt the same amount, or even more, cash and it takes a whole 3-4 minutes for it to arrive by mail. How is being able to access it automatically such a HUGE advantage?

and Please don't give me some lame excuse about how its not fair to other players with an ALT at that same level. Because AGAIN if it is a matter if 4-5 minutes tops including the switching to have that same amount of cash available.. Those other players are no better or worse off than they would be if the current system stays in place .. Which frankly I think will be the case I would just LOVE to here YOUR reasoning for what it is so horrible.

We are not talking about making all armor account bound so the new alt can be throwing on the best possible gear as fast as they reach the right CR. Not talking about making SP account bound although in reality it is since you can use replays and just buy any feat any other alt has earned. It is JUST in game cash.. only thing anyone can do with it is buy gear with the proper amount or marks attached as well or make purchases off the broker..
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Already explained in the last thread that brought this up, and do not want to be banned again for inadvertent triggering (which already happened with just three words :( )
  9. Dene Devoted Player

Sorry for the stupid question but how could this be exploited?

Do you mean if i'm on a low level alt I and spot a bargain i could grab it without losing out on it by having to swap toons ?
  10. The Anxient Loyal Player

Honestly curious as to what the down side to this could be.
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Never said it could be exploited (can't see how it could be exploited), and like said, am in support of the Shared Money Bank, just as long as it's not automatic
  12. The Anxient Loyal Player

Why not? What's the big difference? I wish they would make money account bound personally.
    • Like x 2
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Personal hatred

Have only played one game that had an automatic shared wallet (and that was introduced months after release), and quit the game as soon as it happened

*FOLLOWING COMMENT IS NOT AIMED AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR*
    If you have trouble manually pooling your resources so your Shopping Alt can buy some useless crap from the Broker, maybe you shouldn't have Alts
  14. The Anxient Loyal Player

Lol well hopefully this game gets it too bc that's the most ridiculous reasoning I've ever heard. Something would be extremely convenient for all but no we should all continue manually inputting money for no better reason than just because lol. Really?
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

No no those not comments were NOT directed at you Sorry
  16. Dene Devoted Player

I know.. LOL

was asking generally :D
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I see so basically what you are saying is because YOU personally think it is a bad idea and you even admit you see no real way it could be seriously exploited.....

YOU just don't LIKE the convenience it affords? why? because if the game is not a mind numbing drag that takes forever it is some how less fun for you?

We already have plenty of thing that slow us down in game .. take your pick anything from

1. I just used a weapon attack so mo I can not move at a normal rate for the next 5 seconds or so. Funny thing I retired after 24 years in the military and not once when I was qualifying with an M16 or a 9MM did I ever walk really really slow after I pulled a trigger.

2. I just qued into a solo mission and I am now staring at a POP UP telling me I will enter that missions just as soon as all TEAM MATES agree they want to do the same missions.... Funny I could have sworn I WAS the only team mate.

3. In my lair I can only place amenities in certain spots and there are not enough on any floor to place everything. It's MY lair and since in a lot of cases I have 2 or more per alt it means half the time I PAID to own it... why can't I have all the stuff I want in one spot .. Instead I have to keep running from one floor to the other to do all the things I want.

I'd go on but why bother? The short story is the ONLY reason you have for saying NO is YOU don't like it.... TOO EASY.
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Like said (and this will be the last will be commenting), FULLY support the Money Sharing, just do NOT agree with it being automatic
    Having it be manual is good for both camps, whereas automatic Shared Wallet only benefits one camp: there is no choice in the sharing!

As for those other things, what does being slowed because of combat (even if you didn't do anything except fly 200 feet above a melee mob) have anything to do with money transfer?

Let's turn this around: so because YOU would find it easier to Broker-play, EVERYONE has to have their cash automatically shared?
    Again, is it really that difficult and time-consuming to finish the day by dumping all the cash you got on that character into the bank and withdrawing it on the next character?

Believe your argument last time was something about how you might go browsing the Broker with a character and spot something they could use, butt that they didn't have enough cash on them: a (very) simple counter to that is, if you know you are going to be browsing take the damn money out of the bank first!!
    If you can't (or won't) do that, then that's simple laziness on your part
  19. The Anxient Loyal Player

Starting to remember why I had you on ignore,you just troll for an argument, goodbye again.
    • Like x 3
  20. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

I really like the idea of having a shared escrow as part of your shared bank.