Bane guide?

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by details26, Apr 20, 2013.

1. details26 Committed Player

Does anyone know a good bane guide? A good combo or two to actually get his combos working at max potential?
  2. KemistiOMG Committed Player

Bane doesn't need a guide, he's the user friendliest and easiest to learn legend there is
  3. Jordan153 New Player

Steel.....
  4. KemistiOMG Committed Player

well that too. but from the non-marketplace or loyaltypoints buyable legends bane is the easiest
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well I don't know... there might be several people tumbling around with brawling. IMO bane might be easy because his SC forgives some mistakes done with the weapon combos but that's maybe it.
    Because the combos are so slow, they are easily predictable when bad to mediocre ppl are using them. And that might be actually the point, why someone asked about a bane guide. In fact, it is of little help just stating "he is so easy". If he would be, nobody would came up with such a question.

@ details26: As I said, Bane is pretty slow with brawling so don't try to complete long combos or you are running into blocks. For some reasons ppl seem to fear Banes or at least have some respect (maybe because size matters lol). I've seen many ppl "tanking" a.k.a. playing defensive against bane, so prepare for blocks. Try to end some combos with a block breaker instead of the real finishing move. Use the time they lay on the ground filling your SC bar and maybe doing a longer combo, clip the finishing move with a power - I prefer the two slams for example.
    IMO never use the Roarskill. Its vulnerable to interrupt and the most common reason why I kill Bane players ^^
    Use your Supercharge wisely, of course it has no sense of slamming the sc button when you are low on life ( I mean very low) and your opponents life is still in a pretty good shape.
    Futhermore... well practice... try to queue up with four mates in 2 vs 2 batcaves and practice a bit. Or - and that could be easier - just duel some mates with brawling, maybe watch some yt vids of how bad/good players play with Bane and check maybe this link for some more bane-ish input http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo...character-guide-beware-the-light-edition.112/ ;)

Regards

Schimära

PS: As for the easiest legends character I nominate Huntress for being the gadget dps of legends pvp :3
  6. BadMoFo New Player

While the melee combos take buildup they obviously hit hard. For spam blockers you can do 1-2 regular melee taps and wait for the block and drop them with your handclap block breaker. Then it's easy to get a spinning back fist or uppercut combo on them. If you can get Banes supercharge up two times then you can lay down some serious damage for a time also. I find in the wild melees like in FOS that you can pretty much tee off with your longest combos as it can be hard for people to know where the hits are coming from. Also Bane does really good distance damage with the hold triangle. So if you are spamming a block breaker on another melee it's a good way to go. Ultimately just keep playing and trying new things out.
  7. CheckmateEnjoi New Player

Tap Hold Tap Hold Hold - clip with far left power. Second from left power is vulnerable to interrupt, only use it if your trinket is ready and if more than one person is in front of you. The supercharge gives health and a green aura, and it makes you look bigger.Use the supercharge twice in the same life and the supercharge power is replaced with a grapple that stuns, pulls, and does decent damage.
  8. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

To get the best out of Bane you should focus mainly on clipping with the 2 ground slam powers (L2 square, L2 x)

What I like to do is Venom Clap (DOT) > Tap Hold >clip w/ L2 square > Tap Hold > Clip w/ L2 X with various blocks and block breakers in between, but for the most part that is what I do and I have success with it

I only use the Roar when I see a group around 1 guy and only have it hit for 1 tick before jumping out of it...Youre vulnerable to be hard-stunned as long as youre roaring, but it does pretty nice damage (around 300 per tick) for as long as you do it and pushed them back

I never use the rock unless I get really bored and I prefer to use the supercharge when my health is full or barely taken away so I get the full effect from it, rather then using it to save myself when my health is low...Plus, then I get the chance to build for the 2nd one (Superbane!)

Hope that helps a bit
  9. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Where as the combo described by checkmate does the most damage it is not really optimal as you are likely to get countered, you can get tap tap hold hold or tap tap tap hold off if you managed to counter someone (unless they recover using trinket) but for optimal dps you can use tap hold hold or tap hold to clip with powers.

Also Bane's shout can be one of your most useful abilities so ignore what checkmate says about almost never using it. The key is to jump cancel it as soon as you use it so you get the damage (you can also use another ability right after if you want, though it isn't so power efficient), you won't get interrupted and you can carry on doing damage with weapon attacks.

Make sure you always use venom clap on as many opponents as possible (and try to use it when either you have broken out, used your trinket or aren't being focused so it doesn't get cancelled and wasted).

Your rock is also very useful in maps like batcave to ground and slow enemies so you get more ticks from holding the point (use it when people are returning from respawning) and when venom'd up can crit for 1300~ damage.

Try not to clip with your ground slam (first power) because the animation is rather long and you can lose out on damage with it (feel free to use it if nothing else is available and/or you have multiple people around you), your fourth power on the powerbar is the best for general clipping along with Bane's shout.
    • Like x 2
  10. Ogat New Player

I'd listen to Clutch his Bane is OP.
  11. DeeKay87 New Player

Can only really echo Clutch's post but one other thing, whilst the supercharge gives you the benefits as previously mentioned above, it can get you out of a jam if you're taking massive damage (as during the animation, you are completely immune from everything).

This works a treat if you have a Steel using its lightning cloud thing for example
  12. Sionn Committed Player

Powers 1, 3, and 6 are the only non-sc powers worth using on Bane. Use 6 in a crowd. Avoid hold combos. Use uppercut, and prepare for the usual block someone uses.
  13. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Wrong, his shout and number 4 are both better than 1 & 3 as long as you jump cancel shout. 4 is the best to clip the end of your moves with and you only want to use the rock when you're just about to start fighting, not during or you will lose out on dps. 1 should only be used if you have nothing else available to clip with or you have a group of people all around you.

Only use uppercut if you don't want to get a couple of combos in to max out your dps, else stick with the combos I listed.