Balancing act

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Swiftduck, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Now this is just a mere observation about the current power balance.

In the last few months you (the devs) have spent a great deal of time updating some powers.

One thing i noticed is you are buffing some of the top dps powers even more so then they already are. (e.g. Ice,mental,quantum, gadgets.) Probably because they are simpler powers. I get that.

Now with those powers now pretty much godlike in comparison to the untouched powers and even more godlike to the likes of Nature, HL and Electricity, I'm wondering just how much work you will be doing with these few powers. Even rage is really weak atm. I mean you guys must have something seriously huge planned for these powers as they are currently hitting as hard as a declawed kitten.

I mean this is kind of exciting. I fully expect that the weakest powers in the game will be seriously revamped and buffed by a seriously huge margin.

Otherwise guess what?

We are back to where we were before this balancing act.

The last thing myself and any other player in the game wants is another round of balancing acts.

I don't know about you guys but i am incredibly excited that these weak powers are getting such great overdue updates soon!!! I bet there are going to be some spectacular changes to these power sets. Can't wait.

sincerely,

everyone who is tired of this long drawn out process.

Edit** I meant to put this in the powers, weapon and movement forum. Sorry for that.
    • Like x 1
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i think what most people don't realize is most of the powers we are working on should be hittting around the same dmg, For powers like electric and Rage and Nature and HL, They are coming soon.

the devs and the tester know what they are doing as i said before This year will be the last year for working on these powers.

my guess is HL is next then maybe Rage then Munitions, or maybe the other way around Maybe Munitions might be First then they hit Both HL and Rage at the same time.

Dots powers such as Electric and Nature will be worked on after Weapons mid range the devs have already confirm this, People just need to wait trust me i know the feeling as i am to an electric Player.
    • Like x 1
  3. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I hear ya. I know they'll get to them. I just expect platinum quality from the devs when it comes to the neglected powers. Myself and others wil not settle for less, not after the GU50 fiasco
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

totally agree i was there i was HL, i am still Electric on one of my toons this time around i am helping with testing Trust me Gu50 Will never happen again
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

At least 6 months from now we should be almost balanced.
    • Like x 1
  6. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

I have three things to say, 25k, 30k and 35k.

Whatever you're expecting, don't expect anything much more (or less) than the above.
  7. Veritech Loyal Player

Max damage targets as stated above are all good, I just hope something is done about the build up time, as dots will still be outclassed vs burst.
    • Like x 1
  8. Swiftduck Loyal Player

exactly.

Then we are back to where we are now.

As Jareth stated, this is supposed to be the final round of balancing. In theory, when they are done, there should be no question about balance what-so-ever in terms of damage roles.

If they are only taking into account max damage potential, they are not being realistic. You cannot balance powers based solely on numbers generated from a practice dummy.

for example

Say you have two powers that both put out the above stated 25k, 30k, 35k max damage potential

Power A has virtually no setup time (e.g. mental, gadgets) VS. Power B that has a 5 second setup time ( HL, Electricity)

Both Powers will perform admirably on a practice dummy, but still with marginal difference in max dmg potential vs time to reach that potential. Even on a practice dummy, Power A is already out-performing power B based on mechanics of the power itself. Thus creating an imbalance on a simple practice dummy.

Take those same two powers and apply them to actual combat and that disparity becomes far more severe.

This is a result of power imbalance. If this is not nipped in the bud now. We will be right back here discussing balance 6 months from now. We are trying to avoid this.
  9. AgentX44 Committed Player

I agree with Veritech and Swiftduck. Damage may be the same, but speed is something else. Unfortunately, it seems the devs are just doing damage potential balance.
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

Well consider the health an average add has compared to a sparring target. Burst will always win. Even in a raid or alert type setting many adds are dead within 5-10 seconds which is pretty much the setup time for DoT powersets.
    • Like x 1
  11. MuTeDx Committed Player

I hope they fix and balance the powers, but I've already decided to spend my money elsewhere. As a HL player I've never enjoyed the other powers nor have I played them in end game save a few for tanking and healing. Unless I see "nerf HL to the ground it's super OP, it slapped my mom and fondled my grandma now I'm grounded" threads I'm going to continue to spend my money in vanity items in GW2. I've played up to T7 and I quit after Bday.

They buff the already top powers then stop balance to fix pvp only to soon knock it off again. Can't wait till HL is still weak again
    • Like x 1