Balance for dps

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Terremor, Jun 8, 2020.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you are fighting at cr18 than you can’t take any scoreboards serious. At that stage you never know if someone has spent money to buy certain amount of SP. I will admit that unfortunately a lot of prec dps are scoreboard chasers. I’m assuming you checked the person for artifacts. But as said earlier I’m this reply, at that stage you can’t judge anything accurately
  2. Psyfur Well-Known Player

Going back over what I wrote, I can see how it comes across as though I use 1 rotation for everything. I don’t do that though. I should’ve been more clear.
  3. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

brawling is actually good, not too far behind doom spin
    • Like x 1
  4. L T Devoted Player

The only problem with brawling is the limited AOE of the melee strike.

Doomspin also seems to have better crowd control.

Brawling's Range AOE and Ranged Single Target are also really good once you get the hang of clipping them with a short burst.
  5. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

The doomspin guy doesn't have Crystal hitting for 45k-65k.
  6. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Yeah, but artifacts at 200 kind of lock you in. If the devs one week gave us unlimited seals and nth metal, I would make my water precision, fire in a heartbeat. At this point though I don't want to put all that money into changing my 200 venom wrist dispenser into a 200 solar amp.
    • Like x 1
  7. Wallachia Devoted Player

I am aware of that, to the point it did make me reluctant to post. But I do remember that, shortly after the revamp, people still complained about this.
  8. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

This is why strat and trans are so good, because they can be used with every power
  9. Inforcer2 New Player

After taking a four year break I realized that the artifacts you use are important. I’m old school, started playing in 2011. Skill points were the most important back then. Now you have people who put money into these artifacts and poof top of the leader board with half the skill points of most people. People with 200 arts and 500 sp will still be on top. Me personally I don’t care if I’m one two or whatever on the score board as long as I beat the content. I have 374 skill points and no 200 arts (160 max on one of them ) and I’m nature healer and precision dps. It comes down to playing style and the content your running. This game is pay to win now so fork over the doe or get left behind lol ( I hate it ). There’s my two cents
    • Like x 1
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

For both might and prec too
    • Like x 1
  11. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

And healer and troll lol
  12. Roocck Committed Player

You Sir!!! Are 10000% correct!!!! Lately what I’ve been seeing is if you don’t have 200 artifacts you will not be invited to raids.... Lol
  13. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

Yea finally we agree on something. As a might dps I’m willing to trade with prec. Nerf doom spin and flurry shot and also nerf heat vision. Perfect trade off
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

WM Flurry Shot is strong because of the jump cancel and Doom Spin non-WM version it's certainly stronger than the WM version and both need to be fixed.
  15. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

After more testing, I can say that flurry doesn’t really need a nerf, if anything might needs a buff in ST damage.

There’s no WM anymore, there’s cross combos now, and said combos shouldn’t do more damage just because there combos.

Doomspin needs to be adjusted a little, they’ll have to be careful with touching it because it does take a long time to get into said combo, and while doing that you can still be blocked and interrupted
    • Like x 1
  16. Mr.W Committed Player

In my opinion for prec i wouldn't say the weapon attacks themselves are the issue. I feel its the buffs prec players are privileged with is what needs to come down a bit. you get a personal buff of 33% prec & wep dps!!!! then having a troll just hit their recharge once gives an additional 21% prec & wep dps. putting it in perspective thats higher than the current supply drop buff 20%. claw based trolls can only boost a might dps by 7%.
  17. Mr.W Committed Player

For might powers under preforming I feel like the ones that are slower like ice or sorcery need to have their animations greatly reduced. in the case for powers like ice the 3sec abilities should hit for at least 40k consistently. for projectile powers like sorc speed the balls travel speed up & its bursts like shard or transmute should also hit for at least 40k.

personally I have an idea of how to completely rework sorc. can someone tell me where a forum like that should be placed?
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

yeah, I'm running 304 / 324 SP, Mental, raw Precision, 160 arts (strat trans venom) and two hand. I can tell who's good because they can beat me. If the OP is being beat by "any schlub with 2H", then the problem is probably user error.
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Doomspin can only do a 120K parse if you Supply Drop, Neo Venom, Trinket, and maybe Omega and Flex beforehand, and does it for literally only 10 seconds.

Average parse with the abovementioned 160 Arts is +/- 70-75, and your Sorcery guy can do that from all the way in the back row.
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The scaling for prec and might is also different.
    You’re hitting 40k at what cr/might? I have been testing all powers and even with lower might than I should have Im hitting a lot more than that with all powers. So hitting 40k is not an issue with the power but instead with the loadout/rotation being used.