Back from the Hack 2.0

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lllStrichcodelll, Sep 15, 2019.

1. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, since the Server lags are going on for wayy too long now, how about granting
    a Feat to the Players that still Play on the Eu Server, to compesate for the inconvenience? :cool:

Example:

Back from the Hack (50points) <- (old)
    Survived the 2011 Network Hack!

Back from the Lag (10points)
    Defeated several enemies in 2019, but the worst of them all was the lag!
    • Like x 5
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler alert: US Players will hate this thread :D
    • Like x 4
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

No
    • Like x 2
  5. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

The lag feat title gave me a chuckle. Yes if a zero point feat.
  6. Great Architect Loyal Player

What lag? I haven't had any latency problems in forever.

If it was the server, everyone would experience the same problems, but they don't - so the likelihood is that it's either your network (or your network settings), your OS, or your hardware (or your hardware settings)?
  7. Elusian Crowd Control

Aside from the thread. It is certain areas like the new raids. Pretty much the entire raid is lagging. We don't talk here about a single person, your assumptions are all wrong. It gets really bad in the 2nd area of Monsters of Metal (our rage tank keeps often crashing due to 2 seconds permanent delay). It's not like we cant finish the content but you would think they would fix these mayor problems before throwing out new content. Guess if its US server they would have pushed all ressources to fix but since its EU its a "dont care" mentality as seen in the past.
    • Like x 2
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'm not saying lag is not happening - I'm questioning the assumption that it is the server, when the problem is not universal...
    • Like x 2
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Pretty much this.

Lag can have a lot of culprits, from the game servers to internet service to the equipment of the players themselves. That's why lag problems always take a while to sort out and solve.
  10. Ekart Committed Player

If 4 people do the BB alert, and all 4 are lagging, it's the server. The same goes for raids. EU laggs for quite some time. For everyone, but not all people notice.
    • Like x 2
  11. Elusian Crowd Control

Last raid best example again. 2 seconds delay for 8 players with 8 different providers from 8 different countries on the same server. Not even questioning it could be the server makes no sense...
    • Like x 1
  12. Great Architect Loyal Player

There are any number of things it could still be between all of you and the server (bad DNS resolution, for instance), but you're missing the point - I'm simply asking "If it *is* the server, why isn't *everyone* affected?". It's a perfectly reasonable *diagnostic* question, not me starting an argument. If we can answer *that* question, it goes some of the way to working with DB towards a solution, which is, I am sure, what you want :)?

Have you put in a support ticket? If so, what was the response?
  13. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

Maybe they should fix seperate servers for switch.
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I guess its just the internet infrastructure in Europe because i've played on the EUPC servers since 2012 and im connecting from Canada to a server located in the Amsterdam, Netherlands which is obviously a great distance for me :p and i've never experienced any sort of lag that couldn't be attributed to just a higher ping, like when countering or in pvp.
  15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Back when killing 500 Paradox Reapers was the latest thing, there was a day or so where lag was so bad that was all anyone was doing. Asking on chat, "Is anyone else lagged?" was also a thing.

My solution - The game should give us a T-shirt saying on the front... "THERE'S LAG!"

If you're a hero the back would say ... "Maybe you should train more so you don't need a computer. - B"

If you're a villain the back would say... "Maybe I should kill you so you no longer notice. - L"

We could then wear these around when it's really noticeable.