Back Controller VS POT Controller

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flightboy, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Flightboy New Player

Ok, so I decided to reset necro and utilize LFG. I know the rules about pugging Lolz. Get into a league run. With one friend ;)

**I keep my mic muted for most pug runs unless I can offer good advice, strategies, etc.**

Were smashing through and halfway through the "pot" troll says aloud I'm overwriting his PoT. I scramble for my mic and let him know I was not. He continues saying I'm lying that there's nooo way a 107/175/3560 vit controller can keep up with his 108/189/4000+ vit in power out... Smh... I removed sticky bomb at this point put in another debuff and started streaming ;)

I go onto tell him I'm gadgets and I keep my supercharge (battle drone) running almost the entire raid... He's still in disbelief and gets his mates thinking the same... We get to the end and before the last fight I'm told to stop overwriting... Again... At this point my friend in there is backing me up and I get the boot and my friend left too... :/

TL;DR - Can a back up troll keep up with a main troll who has pot duties with power out?

P.S. No he wasn't vit in all mods he did have all gear affinities. I believe his base vit was 3700+ and he popped a vitamin.
    Oh yeah, power was not an issue at all...
    • Like x 1
  2. Little Sister New Player

It's obvious you were over-writing him and you should try healing instead.
    • Like x 3
  3. Flightboy New Player

Scrim coming your way!!! XD
    • Like x 2
  4. Little Sister New Player

No but in all seriousness, you're saying just your Defib and Battle Drone Power Out was almost the same as his ? That's a little odd.

Necro is a hard raid to maintain LoS all of the time though because of the tiny, convoluted hallways that everyone seems to like to rush around and hide behind corners. So I guess it's possible that you were in the back end of the hallways, feeding the most power out to the 3 hungriest, while his PoT was only hitting a small group ahead of you. That's my guess.
    • Like x 5
  5. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

Lol

Brawling wm + sc home turf mod = unlimited sc

Ask him what ur tick was if you are over writing. He just needs to dump power more.

Too funny
    • Like x 3
  6. Sardik New Player

Gadgets supercharge is pretty amazing, but if the group dont have any lack of power there is no reason to fight about power out or pot.
    • Like x 4
  7. Flightboy New Player

I dunno but I told em to jump on twitch and watch lol. He was confusing GG with sticky bomb lol. We shared the same LoS because after the first comment I stayed right next to him.
  8. Flightboy New Player

Yea man, I mean I'm a little salty about it, but end of the day it was funny. My friend and I chuckled about it in a private chat after DAS BOOT happened lol.
  9. X-zero Loyal Player

It is possible but it would take poor skill point usage and laziness by the main controller.
    • Like x 3
  10. Little Sister New Player

Hmm then you must have been CHEATING :eek:
    • Like x 1
  11. Flightboy New Player

Exactly... Unfortunately I don't think he ever ran with a good back up (power dump/debuff) troll...
    • Like x 1
  12. Flightboy New Player

That's kind of what I've been thinking he was the main person I was power dumping to after his excessive amount of pointless debuffing...
    • Like x 1
  13. Flightboy New Player

Accept my scrim?!?!?!
  14. Little Sister New Player

I'm not even online fool !

Let's scrim in real life #challengepassed
    • Like x 2
  15. Flightboy New Player

Ha, #icandrinkmorefireballthanyou
  16. Little Sister New Player

#Soyoullbeeasytoknockover :p
    • Like x 1
  17. Flightboy New Player

Get exposed cheater lol :p
    • Like x 1
  18. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

If power wasn't an issue, why did he care?
    • Like x 2
  19. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Drone puts up a bolt.... that might have confused him?
    I prefer to back-up troll if there are two:)
    • Like x 3
  20. TheDark Devoted Player

You could have just told him to check the combat log. If that guy knew what he was talking about he would've seen his PoT ability say "XXXXXXX's insert his pot move here healed XXXXX for 350 (4000vit) power"

He would've also seen your Battle Drone ticks heal him.

And yea it is possible for a non PoT controller to out power PoT controller but that would mean the PoT controller is playing very casual/non aggressive.

Other thing too, if he was aware of his PoT tick rather than obsess over his vit he would've noticed his blue PoT tick number on the screen.
    • Like x 5