Babyface Bounty...leaps off building and will later to get to top

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by High Troller, Sep 13, 2017.

1. High Troller Loyal Player

I'm sure this happens in Live for certain bounties, but Babyface jumped after my robot sidekick immediately then got the pounding from me on the bottom.....battle tanked it down to 1-3%....reset and went back to the roof

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Good find

I found him on the ground near those buildings once and attacked him, then he suddenly disappeared and reappeared on the roof. I had no idea what happened. But it makes sense.

Be sure to post this in the Amusement Mile Open World mission thread, too, if you haven't. JackFrost has been keeping on top of the bugs reported in that thread.
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Another bug with Babyface is that it just sort of stops attacking after you've been fighting it for a while.
  4. JackFrost Developer

Thank you all for the reports. I think I've figured out why the Babyface just stops attacking, and am going to submit a fix for that issue.

Regarding the initially reported bug, where Babyface resets and gets back to full health...

edit: I think I may have found the root of the issue, and will be putting a fix in for that as well. Let me know if you see any strange behavior on any other bounties.

FYI, these bug fixes won't make it to the Test server immediately. Thanks again!
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Was the not attacking thing happening in the new area too? My report is from the T4 bounty version, but I reported it just in case it did carry over.
  6. High Troller Loyal Player

Since your issue is on the live server, your posting should've been in the bug discussion forum. This forum is for test server.
  7. High Troller Loyal Player

Did you find a way to prevent Babyface from resetting health, or prevent him from falling off the building? Or just that he stops attacking?
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

BUT I REPORTED IT JUST IN CASE IT DID CARRY OVER. Put that in caps, because you seemed to miss it the first time. And looks like it's getting fixed, unlike the gazillions of bugs I *have* posted there. Is that ok?

DISCLAIMER: The gazillions figure is an exaggeration for dramatic effect.
    • Like x 1
  9. JackFrost Developer

Babyface can still jump or fall of the building, but should no longer stop attacking at any point, and should no longer reset to his spawn point and regenerate health. These changes are specifically to for the Babyface bounty in the Riddled With Crime content.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood some other comments in this thread. It sounds like similar issues are occurring with Babyface in earlier content?
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I was talking about the Home Turf villain bounty in T4.
  11. JackFrost Developer

Got it. Sorry I didn't catch that previously. The fixes I made for the new bounty won't fix the old bounty. But I just submitted a fix for the T4 bounty just now. Sadly it won't make it to the live server right away, but should make an upcoming hotfix. Thanks for the heads up!
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

No problem, I finished everything to do with those bounties literally years ago, but was testing their difficulty post-revamp out of curiosity. As soon as I realised Babyface was in the new episode, I thought I'd better bring it up just in case the bug carried over. No rush to fix the old one on my account. You might want to check he's working properly in the Ace Chemicals T1 alert too, if you get a minute.
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Enemy NPCs throughout the game constantly get knocked off roofs, fall to the ground, and, often, reset and appear back at the top of the building, after you've spent a while knocking their health down. It's an endemic problem with the entire game, not just one character or one instance. It's everywhere with everything.

(It's alarming to find that devs need to be told about this obvious fact that has gone on everywhere since day one. It's up there with the lack of attention to the NPCs who threaten to jump off roofs never, ever, getting their dialogue fixed despite numerous assurances over the years. But it never changes and they never get to finish saying what they have to say. Year after year after year after year.)
  14. JackFrost Developer

We just did a pass on that alert recently (and other instances throughout the tiers), and he was working correctly in there when we checked. Cheers!
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You're welcome, nice work and thanks for being so communicative and efficient ^^
  16. High Troller Loyal Player

Were you thinking the devs play the game?
  17. Koriand'r Well-Known Player

I took him on the ground then flew high and attacked him from the sky, I cheated :D but he's so heavy, when he comes on your head, you fall.
  18. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Devs said bounties wont die unless defeated where they spawn, it’s in the patch notes....
  19. JackFrost Developer

Just to clarify, the patch note I think you're referencing was specifically in about Bounties in the Amusement Mile Gang War being kited back to mission hubs. For the most part, bounties can and will follow players they start fighting with.

Somewhat unrelated, Babyface should continue to fight and not reset back to its spawn point at a certain point while fighting it. The Ace Chemicals bounty should also behave better now too.

Hope this helps!
    • Like x 3