[B]Support Roles doing 90% of DPS Damage?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Cold Fusion, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Is this still a thing they are trying to accomplish for the revamp?
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

it should be possible if u mean battle support like modding & speccing for dps , if u mod & spec towards support u will do ~25% from what i have noticed.
  3. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I don´t know if you are making this observation acording to the last video that i uploaded but, if it is, then you have to remember that our support roles were 180 healer, 179 tank and 175 controller, compared to the top 4 DPS that were 188-187 cr.
  4. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

No... I'm referring to the original stat and progression thread.

------Roles
    With the removal of AMs and WMs and other stat adjustments, Roles should now be significantly closer to each other in damage. While Healers, Controllers, and Tanks should still focus on healing, controlling, and tanking first, they also now play a major part in defeating encounters quickly. Hybrid builds should now be a viable option, and solo content should no longer be a slog for anyone who focuses on non-damage roles.

Damage players are still kings of damage, but the difference between the damage each role can do is significantly less, and the benefits of having the other roles is arguably significantly more. Tip: bring more non-damage roles to your fights, and watch them own it. ------

The 90% part I believe came from the Live Jackster Q&A....
    • Like x 1
  5. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

good god. we burn through everything to fast as it is. there is no challenge in anything. its all ready a dps jerk feast. if half of the crap there talking about come to be...this game WILL DIE!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  6. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I don´t know bro, but me as a healer and a leaguemate on test who was trolling outdpsed both damage dealers on a UT run, and it was not a matter of CR because i remember be at 179, the troller at 177, and both DPSes at 175.
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Don't understand why support roles have to be so close to dps. Supports in this game have dps envy.
  8. krytine Loyal Player

No envy here but if a support builds thier toon with mods and sp they should be allowed to help with damage to make their job eSier and yours if while healing and tanking and trolling they do more damage again while doing there rolethe adds are gone quickly you would want more of the 2 2 2 2 setup instead of solo everything . More players feel apart of the run. And in order to get the event done fast you dont have to have 5 dps in your group. Its a win for everyone.

And as i was saying before back in t3 and t4 as a healer i did my role and did about 50 to 60 % of what a quality dps did now the elite guys i did about 40%
    • Like x 4
  9. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

No Envy... I have plenty of armories to go DPS anytime I want.

It's more about a roles playtime for me really...

My tank only gets to tank a few raids a week if that.. because others want to tank too. If you have a heal in the alert it's pointless to tank and some people will actually leave if they see a heal and tank and troll in the alert...

I stopped controlling all together when AMs came out... Because the same was true... Only useful in raids or to give a heal power in a alert... No to mention the nerf to stuns and holds.

Healer is the only support role that gets a decent amount of playtime.

As long as content is scaled correctly with the idea of support roles doing more damage... It will be a benefit everyone.
    • Like x 2
  10. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Those guys weren't elite if you're doing 40-60% of their damage. In other mmo support do their part with support. In some mmos support do 0 damage. Dcuo is the only mmo i know that support complain about dps numbers, but now it's cool because you all can do more damage. That's called dps envy. Fyi i have 7 188^ toons that only do support
  11. krytine Loyal Player

No its not and those other players were and are good quality dps if you dont know your facts or understand how to be a complete player then i wont waste my time or effert to teach you but it sounds like you have lots and lots and lots to learn so keep your single minded point of view and welcome to a world of balancing enjoy
    Oh i can see who the envious person is becuase you can only do a partial job you know half ars. But thats ok most of us when we take a crap we wipe afterwards but i guess you like your own stink
    • Like x 2
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Man you lying. If you would have said t6 i would have believed you, but you said t3-t4. Ain't no way a healer is keeping up with a dps using WD and PD, and that's what good-elite dps were using, unless they were ice. Go talk to someone who just started 2-4 years ago
    • Like x 1
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

A good DPS will still double a battle support player, even in the current state of test. So yes, if you're a mediocre DPS, then expect support to do 90℅ of your damage :p
    • Like x 2
  14. Karasawa Loyal Player

The truly elite support roles in any MMO only go for the bare minimum support needed to do their jobs without people dying. Everything else is focused on DPS. More DPS = faster runs. Dying = slower runs.
    • Like x 2
  15. krytine Loyal Player

I am glad you have the same view as i do. But then again some ppl or pitbulls just keep banging the thick skull against a wall over and over and over hes a bad puppy that needs to be neutered
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You could say that. Or you could say the game is so DPS centric that it steers people away from playing support. You can't be a support role in a duo without getting cussed out or having the other person leave. People should be able to play whatever role they want wherever they want. It's OK if DPS don't learn their support side, but support players are forced to learn their DPS side, how is that fair? If you tell people to buy an an amory to go DPS, you are part of the problem, period.

And don't bring up "it's not like that in other games" because most other games, even single player RPGs, the damage class NEVER does 10x the amount of damage that the non damage classes do. That was a feature pretty much exclusive to DCUO, and now people are trying to justify it as being a non issue is sickening, and hence why the revamp is making sure support has a place in small group content.
    • Like x 1
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

In ffxi only support that do any damage is tank, and it's very little. I played neverwinter and the healer get 10x. In other MMO it's more dps than anything, even more lopsided than 5-1-1-1. Especially since the controller class is almost exclusive to dcuo. Other mmos have them, but they're more like a luxury tgan a must.
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I beg to differ. When i heal i spec everything i can into healing first. More resto equals bigger and more efficient heals. The better my heals are can lead to me using less powers and just having overall better healing capability. Then more power can go to the dps or tank. Then i spec into health and defense with my left over points so i have better survivability.

I let the dps worry about dpsing i'm there to heal, guess im not elite lol
    • Like x 4
  19. Saami Loyal Player

Some dpses are so kind towards support roles, that they only do 90% of supports damage.
    Even today. Without stats revamp.
    • Like x 1
  20. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Elite or not elite is irrelevant... I'm not even sure why people even say Elite. I guess this to make themselves feel better or more important than others but in the end this is just a game.

Games should be fun...

Your point of playstyle describes one in which you hit as few buttons as possible to be effective at 1 thing... That's fine.. If that's fun for you great.

That's not fun for me so I would like more options to press more buttons and be effective at 2 things.

Both playstyles should be viable to accommodate everyone and to make every situation more fun....

In survival mode I would definitely spec to your play style...maybe even for brand new raid... But that's just Overkill when your group is well geared for raids and alerts that take no effort to get through. It's a 1 button top off as a healer at that piont..
    • Like x 1