Avatar of Sin wings price on Booster Gold Vendor

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

So you're telling me that if I dont have the Void Essence yet for the final collection to get the material, but instead I buy the Void Material from the vendor, you're telling me the feat will not pop...?
  2. Proxystar #Perception

You will get the feat. ;)

If you're not getting the feat for a specific item then you should submit a ticket and make a bug report.
    • Like x 3
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ma'am...Ma'am....your nose...it's growing at an alarming rate. Let's be "real" here...of that particular time capsule, that was the most sought after item. After the Phoenix Material, it was the most sought after cosmetic item. People have been begging the Devs for years for those wings. Hell, you made a thread about its price being too high...which you wouldn't have done if you didn't care for the item so much, therefor it IS justified.

You're just making a poor argument to get them to lower the price of one of THE most sought after items (which coincidentally also has a high feat point value). The more you say it's unjustified, the higher the value of this particular item. All arguments just go to show how much value this item has.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  4. Eve YouTuber

As I said, I think the rest of the items like materials shouldn't be that expensive as well.
    That's my opinion, it doesn't mean they have to do anything, I'm bringing out my thoughts on it.
    As rare as it is, I don't think it should cost THAT much. I gave more reasonable price.

It's no problem that you disagree, everyone has their own opinion. I actually wanted the Phoenix material for SO long and
    I got the feather from the capsule on US and I had no complaints on the price on the vendor and I got it again thanks to the last resurgence. But come to think of it, they made it really expensive, as we don't have any other means of farming quarks.
    • Like x 5
  5. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

the ppl that think multi-million$ prices are justified are the people supporting the broken economy that dont want change. as a multi-billionaire i agree with you, prices are outrageous. its mostly the fault of the unpunished capsule exploiters. a style item shouldnt be more than a material anyhow. most ppl plop a material on them anyway. so glittery wings killed the value entirely
    • Like x 2
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Source Marks convert to Quarks. ;)

Are the prices too high...yup, no argument from me there. However, that should be expected considering the hoops we all have to go through just to complete the collections for each capsule when they're new. I'm not sure if it was Zneeak or Proxy who mentioned it but the three collection items are ordered as semi-common, rare, ultra-rare...and that's why it's priced the way it is. I'm not saying I like the price...but good luck trying to convince them to lower it. :)
    • Like x 2
  7. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Thanks for the heads up; I will look into submitting a ticket.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

No, No KHALON that's not how it works, the question of price isn't based upon whether or not its necessarily "desirable".

I disagree that people had been begging for those wings for years, asked maybe off and on sure, but to use the term "begging" probably only serves to over exaggerate the sense of "desperation" you attempting to portray here within your dialogue.

The point of the matter is whether the price for the wings or in fact any item on he quark vendor is "reasonable" based on

1. the price to obtain the item via opening capsules
    2. the time it might take to obtain said number of quarks naturally
    3. How this time or price correlates to the developers desire to sell capsules with the RNG spin.

i.e. the developers don't want to make it cheap enough that they undermine their ability to sell their capsules and gambling RNG but they can't also make it so prohibitively expensive that it takes too long to get the item, desirability has little to do with it really.

At present obtaining the 5,500 odd quarks to get the item would take you $275 worth of capsules or you get what 121 capsules free in a year, so that's a fair bit of grinding or paying just for one singular item. Sure there's a few ways you could drop this converting marks to quarks which is pretty expensive and doesn't serve to drop it a lot.

The truth is the items probably are a little bit over priced and suggesting they're priced that high because they're "desirable" is quite simply nonsensical, it's simply a question of what is a reasonable task to put before a person to get one of these items naturally.

Not to mention this vendor is supposed to be sold as a "second chance" vendor not something to just forever taunt you with ridiculous pricing, this is for the people that in all likelyhood have already spent a year if not longer trying to get the item via other means to have failed because of RNG, they don't then deserve to be extorted further ;) It could be dropped a bit, in fact I'm thinking by at least a third.
    • Like x 3
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

And here I just went and spent the majority of my game-cash on buying one from the broker last week, sigh.
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Maybe a simple - the longer the item's been there, the less it costs, reduce the overall by like, 20% per Capsule between it and original release, that way patience still eventually pays off and if you have the Quarks burning a hole in your pocket and you want it now, pow.
    • Like x 3
  11. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Did u heard about Wings of Glitter? Most praised item!
    • Like x 2
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They are a very nice alternative for those who just want the style. There are others who want the original for it's look as well as the 50 feat points.
  13. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I know people in the leagues I'm in that are going to be dropping hundreds to get the rest of the Quarks they need to get the Wings of Sin. Me? No way. The Quarks:SP ratio is way too unfavorable, when I can use them on cheaper items and get the same/more feat points. Plus, if I really want (I don't) the bigger wings, I'll just wait for the Valentine's Day event to pick up the Glitter Wings, and put a Material on them.

But to those who are going to drop a ton of money on capsules, thank you! Thank you for keeping DCUO alive, so we can keep playing and getting more content! ^_^
    • Like x 1
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

5,700 Quarks for the Wings is outrageous. lol. They are just a back style. Oh well...I was saving up my Quarks to buy them when they hit the second chance vendor as I thought they would be around 1,700 Quarks. 5,700 though...yeah no thank you. Even as a player that has around 2 bill I still have not bought the Wings via in-game $$ because I refused to drop 600-700 mill on them. Why? Well, I didn't see them as being even close to worth that style wise. I'll probably buy them one day when I get annoyed at seeing the Wings being the only TC feat I don't have or I literally have nothing else to buy but I still will say 5,700 Quarks for ANY item is absolutely redonkulous.
    • Like x 1
  15. Raptim Well-Known Player

I dont think anything should be over 3500 quarks, just my opinion. If you opened that many TC's you have either spent enough money opening them or played enough to get one item free not subjected to the rng. I think it would drive the urge to acquire quarks instead of seeming to unattainable. Otherwise only the people who have played awhile or spent the most money have most of the items, I dont see that as beneficial to the game when it comes to newer or returning players, especially when attached to feats.
    • Like x 1
  16. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

LOL, my DCUO account has never seen itself with more than 2k quarks, let alone over 5k quarks.
    Thank to God they're not real world wings, or they would be more expensive than a motorsport.
    • Like x 2
  17. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

This should not be something about rarity of the item. As she explained it is unrealistic. No matter how many likes are recieved, it doesn't change one which is not logical. And one which is not logical in brain, is "wrong".
    Not taking this personal because, I'm not even willing to buy these wings which are going to result in use of only one character not all, as long as I easily use the wings of Valentine's event with materials perfectly, but with a simple book counting you'll see, for at least 5000 quarks, and taking average of 10 quarks for opening a TC it'll cost more than 500$ ( Or over 2 years of Daily Duo, dismissing most of new items of TCs ) , which is not acceptable in at least my brain that is probably in a good health condition.
    • Like x 2
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

Reading comprehension actually comes in handy if you wanted to make something out of this discussion. Feel free to re-read my other posts on the matter and you'll quickly realize that nobody here ever, not once argued that "the price is right".

The point that was being made toward the OP is that this item is priced for its rarity, just as many other items on the Vendor in the same price range and that if she for reasons thinks that THIS item is unrealistically priced, dozens of other items fall into the same category and deserves a price reduction just as much as this one item that the OP personally wants. It doesn't actually matter if it's a material, aura or "just a style", the fact is that the rarity of the item itself is the reason for the high price on the vendor. You can't just make up your own criteria on why an item should have a price reduction.

All these items of the same rarity-level should have a price reduction, not just this one. A point that has been stated more than once. It wouldn't make sense at all, in any way, to just make a price reduction on this one item alone, among all the other items within the same price-range and rarity-level, other than "I personally want THIS, so it deserves price reduction, just because!".
    • Like x 2
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

How is this guy not here yet?
    [IMG]
    I agree the price is high, but as other have said, it's because it's the 'same' top item for that TC. I don't believe the TC had a material that round, so in essence, this IS the material. Honestly I'd still say they need to add the single collection piece to the vendor as well as the actual item. Make the collection un-tradable, or have it auto consume but set the price at 1/10 the full item price as many people missing these high ticket items are really only missing the last piece of the collection. Flaming Phoenix feather, Void Essence, Bloody Knife...etc. We all know the 'top' collection on these things and if that one piece was all you are missing it makes that 5700 quarks all the more painful to fork over.

BTW, I have a Wings of Sin I will sell you for the low-low price of 1 billion if you'd like to avoid those high quarks costs! HMU in game.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  20. Nogreen Active Player

It''s to feed the Whales ... So they keep playing.