Avair appreciation

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Black Jaq, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

For those who watched the livestream, I decided I really like this guy. He has become very knowledgeable in the game and he has a personable nature to him. This extends to his posts on here as well. I'm hoping for some good stuff from him.
    • Like x 5
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

He also said "were the experts cause we play the game" which shows he understands we have a better PoV of the game
    • Like x 3
  3. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

I'm literally swept away.
    Liking this guy a lot.
    • Like x 1
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I like and respect this guy a lot.
    • Like x 1
  6. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

7. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

Sure, the skill points matter news is great. But, first impressions can be misleading.
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I was trying to keep this thread positive. Yes, there's a lot to go wrong all at once and yes, I get that he isn't a dev who may have only been around 6 months or so. SJ confirmed on twitter to me that this is a collaborative decision so Loche and Spord no doubt involved and Spord is a dev many trust to do powers justice.

This is a turning point in the game. Daybreak has not given up on it. If they had, then we wouldn't be getting this.
    • Like x 1
  9. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

I had no negative intention whatsoever. I'm simply implying that I'm not entirely sold regardless of how happy I am about the upcoming changes with stats matter. It's been 5 years, you know? I want for things to turn around, I want for this game to shine heavily like it once did. Yet, I'm not exactly ready to get my hopes up so high at this point. I can at least say I hope he's the right guy to really help get this game on track.
  10. Maxwill Committed Player

Have you guys thought that maybe that's an excuse to start changing some powers again= making some op= sell respec tokens ?
  11. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Let's not forget all the other people assisting him, the team is big and it isn't a one man job.

Avair needed to have group conversations with other Devs to sought everything.

I say Thankyou to Avair and the whole team!
  12. CHUD Loyal Player

With something like that being said, it gives a person a few impressions which may or may not be positive. These impressions include the following....
    1. "We're the developers, we know what we're doing, and we're doing what we can to help streamline things for you people so there's no complaining".....
    2. "We're the developers and the reasons why things are screwed up is because the player community is helping to screw it up"....

Personally, either way whatever changes come down the road from here on in are going to be met with positive feedback that becomes negative because of the player's view.....or negative feedback that becomes positive because of the player's view...
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

To me, some powers will always be better for certain situations. A while ago, Electricity and Fire were both good for trash mobs, Mental was excellent for single target. Light with clipping was OP. Earth was neither good upon release nor for a couple years after. Changes of the game, power revamps and many other factors have changed the OP-ness of powers. For a while, Precision buffs were at 45% which made Rage OP. It was likely an unintended consequence of standardizing Precision buffs. Did people switch? Yes, because Kaiser007 posted video of him topping the charts with Rage. Some people will always jump powers. It's the way people are.
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Honestly, what you describe was Spittle's and Tunso's attitude to players.
  15. CHUD Loyal Player

In any case, whatever changes that are about to happen, I do predict a ton of complaints on the horizon. Just take a look at almost every other thread that deals with the Stat Revamp (I still have no idea what it's all about.....nor do I care....I'm just a person who's here to have fun).
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

4 out of 5 in-game friends of mine view this as a positive change. Of course some people will complain. People will complain that Electric healing needs a buff or more despite the fact that they may adjust some power costs and that the players may just suck at it.
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Yes, it takes a village. I think he is the fresh eyes the team needed. Sometimes, people are too close to their work to be objective. Or, they dont care to self edit. Or they only look to fix a small problem without considering the big picture.
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

#AvairForPresident
    • Like x 1