Auras and Materials: Collections in older content?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by WesPypes3679, Dec 14, 2017.

1. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Collections or Drops for Auras and Materials in older Content.

Here's an idea...why not have collections (or drops) for new (or rare) auras and materials in older content. 50pt feats included for equipping them. Also make them tradable and sellable.

Materials and Auras are a hot commodity people want them...but not all can "afford them." So I propose put collection drops in older content relevent to the styles. For example; The Kryptonian Aura Ultraman has in the Earth3 Pan raid in FoS raids or Superman related content. A SpeedForce type material (like Negative SF, maybe a different color like The Flash would use) in content The Flash is a part of.

It would be nice for high end game players to return to old content. It gives us something to go back to besides the older styles not available via vendors. It could also help the lower players get thru older content. Speeding up the process on for lower toons as well. The way I see it is it's a win win situation. High toons in older content. Lower toons advancing faster. Auras and Materials previously unattainable by alot now available. The completionists and farmers will spam replays to get those drops. Just an idea. Anyone else have any suggestions?
    • Like x 1
  2. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Just another thought what if there was a bright outline like Green or Yellow Aura or Green or Yellow glowing Material in all Lantern Content?
  3. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Also doesnt have to be all older content. Mix it in everywhere. New and old, maybe in open worlds too. Just saying.
  4. lukelucky Devoted Player

This is a fantastic idea and should of been implemented around 2012. New players can't progress due to awful que times. End gamers won't run old content because its unrewarding so the issue has gotten worse rather then being fixed.
    • Like x 1
  5. Vesper Dedicated Player

Quick question: How do you suggest the Devs MONETIZE this proposal? Sure, peeps *might* use replay badges for it. But most will just do their one free raid run a week for the drop and go on.

The idea is cool. But if it won't bring new money to the game or convince people to use existing replay badges on it, it becomes a LOT of work for very little MONEY brought in.
    • Like x 1
  6. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Yeah even artifacts couldn't save the queues for lower level content. For the last 3-4 days that I have got on I could not get a queue to pop for Artifacts from the past. I usually just queue everything I am interested in running and eventually it will pop. I finally just broke down and bought the catalysts off the broker because I had spent 2 weeks with my DPS artifact sitting at 79. I don't mind TCs. They're pretty easy to master if you play them right. But maybe some variation of this idea would help increase the action in the lower level stuff.
  7. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Good question. I'll have to mull that one over for a little bit.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Mixing collections in various content might stimulate people to sub or purchase episodes. That's if the styles are worth it. It would help queue times for players that are leveling as well
    • Like x 1
  9. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

As long as they introduce new materials and auras for that old content, I'm ok with this. If you mean to introduce older auras and materials that I paid money for, I'm ok to add the cost of one stabilizer for a chance at the loot drop.
    • Like x 2