Test Discussion Augments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This right here. I don't change powers, but this is what I'm talking about. What if this new player wants to switch playstyles or from troll to heal?

I'll be fine under the new system. The amount of roles in game will be taking a hit.
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is just a heads up/reminder for the devs, since we literally can't test this potential issue...

1. I'm guessing that players over level 10 will once again have access to the Titans DLC.

2. You have to be level 24 or 25 before you can unlock augments.

3. That means players in between will have access to the DLC but will not be able to speak with cyborg about the cybernetic augments.

I just wanted to remind you since we can't test how characters respond in these circumstances. Will there be a mission that frustrates new players because they can't complete it and don't know why (speak to cyborg)? Or will the mission pop up correctly at level 24 even though they're already deep into the DLC content?

I'm sure everything is working smooth, just a friendly reminder.
    • Like x 1
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

With a lot of my alts, I would pick a DLC. The main got the Olympians crafted first. Then an alt crafted the AoJ ones. A villain alt got the RWC crafting done.

My main tackled the E3s, since OLY was pretty outdated by now. The villain alt crafted the Deluge Gen Mods.

My point here is even alts with 0 progress could take the helm and be totally caught up, anytime.

Will low-level alts and players who don't get the free skip to 193 find it feasible to get them leveled up? I'm going to check that question out later today.

One thing I can say: Awesome job devs on making XP scale with tiers. That was a big, big, right decision. Might want to do that for artifacts as well and I think people would be far happier.
    • Like x 2
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

I hopped on a few Test Alts and all of them are below CR230 and none of them get the Cyborg Augments mission. I'm gonna go under the impression that they wont be getting access to the Cybernetic Augments from Cyborg until they reach the CR. I'll of course wait for Avair or Mepps to confirm but thats my take on it. I geared an alt to 230 and get the mission.
    • Like x 2
  5. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Ppl, just read update notes.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Well if you were running just beta mods and affinities you could probably just level up the augments a tiny bit and get that bonus, so there's not a lot lost here.

And as for the general sentiment, this is a game and it's not a bad thing for the game to require you to make somewhat of an effort; beta modding was effortless, the devs deciding they want you to make some form of effort for the statistical increase just shows they put importance on those stats and so should the players by putting in some effort to get them.
    • Like x 2
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

I feel you misunderstood where Shark and I were going with his questioning and my speculation as the Test Server notes do not answer or bring to light the conversation we are conducting.

The Patch Notes you present to us is a change to HOW we acquire the Cybernetic Augments. I'll explain. When the Episode first came to Test, we needed to complete the entire Intro Storyline Mission in order to receive the Cybernetic Augments. Meaning you would need to complete the Duo, Alert and Raids. Albeit easier said and done but the issue the community brought up was we should have the Cybernetic Augments at the start to have those Stats since they are part of the Cybernetic Augments system that replaces Mods.

Now brings us to the Patch Notes you linked. The Devs brought this change to where we now have to talk to Cyborg and we will get the Cybernetic Augments and use them immediately before playing the Content. This was indeed a good and smart change.

Now lets go back to Shark and I. Shark was inquiring about the Players who are level 10+ that can do the Titans Content and when they reach level 25 will they also be given the Cyborg mission to get the Cybernetic Augments since we have to Talk to Cyborg at the Titans Dock to get the Cybernetic Augments. I then replied with my assumption that players who arent CR230 wont get the mission from Cyborg. I'll even add with the Cybernetic Augments, or rather the Adaptive Augments in general, being Episode Specific that a player would NEED to own the episode or be a member to access them. Again, complete assumption and I'll wait for Dev confirmation on this.

So thats where we were going where the Patch Notes doesnt answer this. :)
    • Like x 3
  8. StealthBlue Loyal Player

A level 30 character doesn't get the episode augments on test currently when they talk to Cyborg, and they are hidden on the vendor for purchase. This kind of makes sense as the the stats on those two augments would be equivalent to roughly 7 New Justice Underground mods, and would cause anyone not at end game to be over powered in content relevant to them.

The only annoying thing on test is if you talk to Cyborg on the dock before being at end game, it looks like you will have to purchase the episode augments. It would be nice if they could add a method of getting those for free once you are at the entry level cr for the end game content.
    • Like x 1
  9. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

Are you suggesting to pay for the power respec token and then to spend even more on an experience adjuster? - Certainly not.

How it should work is like with artifacts. We can use powered-up artifacts like reagents to power-up other artifacts. Why would that not be possible with augments? They just need to be emptied in the process instead of destroyed.

Just my two cents though :)
    AP
    • Like x 1
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

better yet: we should use the experience to level up our augment slots instead! that way,
    we could switch out our augments at any time and allways get the level of the sockets ^^
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

ANYWAYS: logged in for checking if the feat has been fixed.
    my hero is at cr235, still the same issue, completition impossible,
    guess it doesn't matter what CR you have: if not speaking with cyborg,
    he will not talk to you later and the mission you gain for the augments,
    is forever stuck in limbo and there is no way forth or back: on live server,
    this is going to piss off many players, because i could think of some ppl,
    who dont like those teens and dont want to speak with them, like i did
    and when they teleport away, they will get that mission unable to complete.
  12. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Something occurred to me over the weekend while going through the inventory of a few alts. I don't think it's been mentioned what happens to unconsumed plans in you inventory (for plans that are being removed). I have several plans saved to pass so alts to work in their research feats (which will now be auto completed). Will those plans be removed from inventory, worth 20xp, or something else. I may want to sell them to a vendor before Wednesday depending on what will happen. Some plans go for decent amount on the vendors.
    • Like x 1
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Hi there Autymn sorry for the late reply I was away and unable to do the follow up testing for your comment. I included all the proper details in the video below but it seems the DPS augment % increases still aren't consistent. In open world I get a 4.6% buff to might and in the duo I get 3.1% and in open world I get 3.89% buff to prec and in the duo its the same 3.89% buff. So definitely the might % increase is needing some attention, I am on no outside buffs (escalating might, artifacts, soder, omega)

Also if you can possibly mail my toon on test FamigliadiYthrl the catalysts required for double breakthroughs for the remaining 3 levels of the type 2 augments I can test those properly to see the small healing chance when stacked and the environmental damage decreases etc just to make sure those are in line after the discrepancies in the first breakthrough that would be very helpful and greatly appreciated. :)

• Like x 1
  14. Maxwill Committed Player

No, I didn't ask to get to maX XP in 2 seconds.
  15. Canadian Justice Committed Player

With regards to upgrading your exobytes, is it not possible to upgrade Precision or Vital (etc...) exobytes? I'm not currently getting the option to upgrade any bytes other than the generic unclassified ones.
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

the fact that we get augments for roles we can't use with our powers is making me suspicious somehow...
    without the possibility to salvage and get back XP from them, for the augments recomended for other roles...
    will we be able to play multiple powers, all roles and movements with the same character in the near future?
  17. spack2k Steadfast Player

will the exobits be converted to exo-material?
    • Like x 1
  18. Luke© Well-Known Player

As much as i know you wont have any exo-material at the beginning.
    Old Exobits/Exobytes can only be used for Augments (20xp each).
  19. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I'd checked into the math on this. A pristine colorless exobytes gives less xp than a type matched flawed exobyte. While it would be nice to be able to enhance the colored ones, it isn't a deal breaker (at least to me). Also, plans can't currently have an either/or requirement, so we would end up with 12 plans per level of exobyte (currently 11 levels).
  20. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I think it's more an issue of how they are delivered in game. If we purchased them, no one would have the other ones. But the Devs wanted to just give them to us, and that only happens once per character. If they didn't give us all of them, and instead either gave us the choice of 4 (or 8) or give them out based on powerset, there would be an issue if people switched powers or playstyles.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.