Test Discussion Augments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxwill Committed Player

Okay since you guys love farming so much , have fun farming for hundreds of hours !
  2. Maxwill Committed Player

Alright and what about Exceptional Recovery kits? Will those work as exobytes boosters also? I didn't see anyone mentioning the exceptional recovery kits.
    • Like x 1
  3. Brav Well-Known Player

(Note: Minor Bug with the Tactical Mod Capsule in the Base Dispenser. Currently the Capsule for the Power "Ice" is showing Mods for the Power "Mental".

Fire, Water, and Gadgets are fine. I did not check the other Powers yet though I can if needed. But I am sure when you guys look into this you will make sure the rest will be fine as well. Also Possibly Updating the Tool Tip for it since it's no longer a random of two mods for your power but a choice of one from the general (Your Movement, Iconic, Percent Stat, plus your Power Specific) list provided.

And again, Thank you Developers for the necessary changes/updates, Improvements toward the game and your hard work at making sure the transition goes smoothly).
    • Like x 1
  4. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Then with your statement why should we get the golden exobyte.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Because they compensate us for our existing mods in our existing roles, not an infinite number of roles we might want to try in the future.
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

There's a difference between grinding and getting to max XP in two seconds . The latter one is what you asked for. And that is why it's not gonna happen.
    • Like x 2
  7. DCUO Addict Committed Player

The SP granted isn't to reach a set number. Feats that are obsolete under the augment system are auto-completed. Here's a list. I made a new character and wrote down all the feats that will be granted at character creation.

My math shows that they add up to 1,020 feat point, which is 10.2 SP. I haven't finished my first cup of coffee, so my math could be off. :D You may have calculated 11 by accidentally including Atlantean equipment mods, but we didn't get to the point where there were new equipment mods. (That would have been another 85 feat points.)

R&D main tab
    10 pts - Research Assistant
    25 pts - Journeyman Technician
    50 spts - The Man With The Plans

Parts & Assembly (e.g., gather and salvage) - none granted

Amazon Fury Part III
    10 pts - Monster Farmer (10 essence)
    25 pts - Monster Hunter (100 essence)
    50 pts - Make Mine Monster! (300 essence)
    10 pts - Hot Mod of the Gods (1 Gen Mod)
    25 pts - Amazon Mod (6 Gen Mods)
    50 pts - A Dozen Dynamos (12 Gen Mods)
    10 pts - Cuirass and Cuirass...er (1 Equp Mod)
    25 pts - Power Suit, Power Tie, Power Steering (5 Equip Mods)
    50 pts - Amazon Hoplite Armor (10 Equip Mods)

Age of Justice
    10 pts - Time Twister (10 essence)
    25 pts - Warped (100 essence)
    50 pts - Savage Salvage (300 essence)
    10 pts - Minute Mod (1 Gen Mod)
    25 pts - Age of Alternators (6 Gen Mods)
    50 pts - A Mod a Month (12 Gen Mods)
    10 pts - Timepiece (1 Equp Mod)
    25 pts - Chrono Chic (5 Equip Mods)
    50 pts - Ten Tickers (10 Equip Mods)

Riddled with Crime
    10 pts - Reused Riddles (10 essence)
    25 pts - Justified Jokes (100 essence)
    50 pts - Mean Glean (300 essence)
    10 pts - Joke Generator (1 Gen Mod)
    25 pts - Mystery Machine (6 Gen Mods)
    50 pts - Enigma Engine (12 Gen Mods)

Earth 3
    10 pts - Syndicate Socket (1 Equp Mod)
    25 pts - Malicious Mods (5 Equip Mods)
    50 pts - Ultra-Upgrades (10 Equip Mods)

Deluge
    10 pts - Coral Confiscator (10 essence)
    25 pts - Reef Recycling (100 essence)
    50 pts - Starro Scrapper (300 essence)
    10 pts - Surge Protector (1 Gen Mod)
    25 pts - Stack Overflow (6 Gen Mods)
    50 pts - Event Cascade (12 Gen Mods)
  8. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Devs, regarding generator mods; naturally when you mentioned gen mods will be dropping in content I was thinking of the new episode, but complete gen mods will also drop in the last 5 episodes too, correct? Specifically:

Amazon Fury III instances should drop Olympian gen mods
    Age of Justice instances should drop Special Forces gen mods
    Riddled With Crime & Earth 3 instances should drop Goons gen mods
    Deluge instances should drop ARG gen mods
    • Like x 1
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

While I do understand them wanting it to be somewhat of a grind. I'm still not happy, and concerned, with the amount of time it will take change playstyles or roles. While this doesn't really affect me. I'm concerned because of the raid groups that have sat for 30 to 60 min waiting for tanks, trolls, etc.

Here's a good question. If people inspect you, can they see your augment levels? This is another thing people will possibly kick someone over.
    • Like x 1
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

wait a second... i got a
    QUESTION:

why can't we have exactly two different kind of origin augments:
    one would be for damage (buff either might or precission or both of them,
    based on your chosen playstyle stat and changes as you change the stat),
    while the other one would be for the support role, giving dom vita or resto,
    also based on your currently chosen power and switches if you respect...

that way, you could switch without regrets; same augments, changed stats,
    based on how and what you want to play, optimising your role logically,
    because you only need the main stat for your role anyways in most situations,
    also: mix matching all kind of mods for no reason is making you fail at all!
    as it is, there seems to be choices, only that there isn't realy any choice at all.
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Don't think so. Up until now you could inspect mods and I never have been kicked from groups - and I use alphas on my alts. Even then - (endgame) players now will have augments at lvl192 or whatever it is; and in a year or two that's still more stats than alpha mods gave you.
    • Like x 1
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

Really dig the idea - I just think it would not as much grinding as the devs like
    • Like x 1
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Equipped Augments show up on inspection:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

yes: you would loose the possiblility of fortifying augments you actually never gona use,
    because players wouldn't even want to switch powers anymore, exept the roles are same.
    i guess that making it simple is good for two reasons: ppl gona buy respec tokens as usual,
    also in the OP i found that making the whole concept as easy to understand and simple to use,
    as possible for both the convenience of the players, and for the devs to program the whole thing,
    is one of theyr goals and important. granted: it looks like an easy solution, yet means a lot of work...
  15. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

I don’t imagine that there will be any additional significant changes before Wednesday, so here are a couple thoughts about how Augments will play out:

Based on the statement by Mepps,We expect an average player to max one set of Augments, and more dedicated players to max out more,’ I’m thinking that if you play a lot you’ll be able to keep your primary and maybe one alt at the max rank for Augments for both DPS & support role. I probably won’t be able to maintain that on additional alts. All my toons (since they’re all over 230 CR) will start off fairly even, but over the course of the next few Episodes they’ll fall behind on Augments – but at least they’ll have this starting base, & any play I’m able to put in with them will help their Augments a little (which is the benefit of a cumulative system). But alts WILL be able to get generator mods since they drop in content starting with this new Episode, and that will help significantly. So all-in-all alts actually do fair better under this system than they did under Essence.

Again the main thing is that you’ve got to reach max on all Augments for your primary toon for both DPS & Support. If, for whatever reason, you aren’t able to get to max during the period before the next Episode is released, then there’s the potential to fall farther & farther behind since the max ranks will increase requiring exponentially greater XP with each new Episode.
    I made that sound a little alarmist; tough to tell how much play will really be required with only 1 week’s testing. Should be able to better judge after the first month.

One thing I don’t see is how a new player would ever be able to reach max on all their Augments. A long time player who is already at the starting point for new Episodes will take 3 months of dedicated play to max out most (and possibly not all) of 12 augments just for that Episode. Meanwhile a new player starting at 0 XP has to go through every rank all the way up just to get to that new Episode’s start point. So how could they ever catch up? Especially when there’s a huge increase in XP required to max augments with each new Episode. I also think the devs’ model is kind of built on the assumption that players will spend more time at lower CRs than they actually do. But usually people try to get their CR as high as they can as fast as they can. So you end up with teammates who have very low ranked Augments (& SP & Artifacts & little knowledge of the roles), which has always been the case, but I don’t really see any way to stop that from happening.
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

true...

got many alts aswell, with the event versions of the endgame content, at least i can play them at any time without even bothering about theyr stats: clamping makes it possible to some degree and i totally like the way it is ^^ guess my alts will all have the sparing AI at lvl 80, because i realy like how the counters get rewarded with it, as countering is fun and needs some good reflexes... not sure if i go for a second artifact if it realy fits well to the characters power, yet: i will leave it there: exos, nth metal and all usable things go to my main hero and vilain, gona go for precission first and decide after some time, if going for the support roles at all, keep playing support with the damage augments... same as with the artifacts, the stat difference is not realy worth the effort and you can do most of the endgame content (except for elite maybe) completely without any augments at all nor do you need the artifacts for the two raids in normal mode...

it sure is not going to break the game ^^
  17. Proxystar #Perception

It's always taken time to change playstyles ( i.e. troll to healer) you always would have had to change vit mods to resto mods, if you're playing support; that has not changed, in fact it's probably easier under the augment system because you don't require untradeable essence, unless you're annoyed you just can't go 'buy your way to 10 mods off the broker'?

I mean you could still go buy experience exobytes and boosters etc, but yea it's probably a little bit more difficult in that regard but less difficult if you're actually grinding them out yourself without in game cash.

But if you're going to change power types to the point of changing your support role there was and is always going to be some pain in that process.

If people inspect you, yes they can see your augments down in the bottom right corner of the inspect window and you can check the augment levels.
  18. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Hi,

Once everything is said and done, will you guys be posting a how-to tutorial guide on the DCUO site and official YT channel?

I think those who have tested or follow the forums may be more aware, even if they know how the system works, when it hits live, it'll be very new to many players. Instead of shifting some of the education to the forumites and testers, and end up describing the system or repeat answers to different league mates/friends, it'd be nice to point them to a guide and video from official source. Since Mepps and other DEVs have also answered a bunch of questions; it is likely that players, who are unfamiliar on launch day, will have the same questions.

thanks in advance,
    • Like x 3
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

i still think the healer augment could be recommended for tanks aswell...
    not sure though, or am i totally wrong about it? convince me, please! ^^

if only we could enhance the augment sockets instead of the augments.
    that way, switching out our mods would be no problem at any time!
    • Like x 1
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes and no. I never really put mods in say my alts or support roles. I used alpha, like a lot of others. You could get the bonuses and that would be good enough. This is my concern. Right now, unless your trying to mod out fully, changing playstyles or from troll to heal only tanks TC gear and alpha mods. You can get away with using generic artifacts like the might and SC ones. Don't hate this new system. New things on here just make me question everything. I don't feel like they are always thought out, for the players.

We will just see in a few months what the system does. To early to tell now.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.