Test Discussion Augments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Can you keep your condescending "lol's" to yourself please? Aside from them being immature they're also completely unnecessary. If you do, you might just give yourself enough time to realise that the post you're trying to defend, you actually just contradicted. If mods are this unnecessary, so too will all the moaning about Augments. Considering they're replacing mods etc.
  2. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

No need, im pretty sure your last 2 posts say it all really.
    You can read my reply to Prime for your other answers anyway, not sure where Artifacts ever came up however so you'll have to search for that yourself. We're all discussing Augments, which are on Test.

Anyway, I agree, back to the topic.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Back on topic: augments may have a larger impact on stats than gear mods will, avair said they are still working on values, as a response to your post to prime on the contradiction predicament.

I may hop on test to see the extra health and power added tomorrow. If it's anything more than what going straight resto/vit on live gives you, more people will want these augments than what you may think, making swapping roles/playstyles more desirable.
    • Like x 1
  4. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

I made this point because if it takes more than half the time between episodes to max 6 augments, then it may be difficult to keep both DPS & support augments at max. And if it takes that much time for one toon, then alts will not be able to keep up & will fall further & further behind with each new episode.
    • Like x 1
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is a nice addtion, though it's kind of buffing other tanks at the same time, but it's better than what we had before. Thanks!
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Updates due to today's patch notes
    The target for using 6 of the same type of augment appears to be the following:
    2440 Health
    3670 Power
    and one of the following
    1780 Might
    1110 Precision
    890 Dominance
    550 Vitalization
    890 Resotration

Origin Augments @193 each (total of 4)
    362 Health (450 if its a dom augment)
    746 Power (877 if its a resto or vit augment)
    263 Might (w/ 333 weaponization)
    164 Precision (w/ 333 weaponization)
    131 Dominance
    82 Vitalization
    131 Restoration

Adaptive Augments @ rank 0 each (total of 2)
    482 Health (599 if its a dom augment)
    986 Power (1161 if its a resto or vit augment)
    351 Might (w/ 444 weaponization)
    218 Precision (w/ 444 weaponization)
    175 Dominance
    109 Vitalization
    175 Restoration

So totals for Augments are
    2412 Health (-28 from target for augments except dom) 2998 (+558 from target for dom augments) (note, 10 straight health new justice mods give 4550 health)
    4956 Power (+1286 from target for augments except resto and vit) 5830 (+2160 from target for resto and vit augments) (note, 10 straight power new justice mods give 6670 power)
    and one of the following
    1754 Might (w/ 2220 weaponization) (-26 from target)
    1092 Precision (w/ 2220 weaponization) (-18 from target)
    874 Dominance (-16 from target)
    546 Vitalization (-4 from target)
    874 Restoration (-16 from target)

For Might and Precision, I'm not sure what the weaponization is on the current gear mods for pure Might and pure Power. So if someone can chime it on the difference there, I'd appreciate it.

I spent a little time leveling a third dominance augment manually, so I could get its values at rank 193. So now these stats match what is being compared.

Also, for anyone wondering, I salvaged Mera and T4 gear while leveling the Dom augment.
    Mera gear gives mk 11 exos with Flawed being worth 3800, Solid being worth 4712, and Pristine being worth 5624 xp.
    T4 vendor gear gives mk 4 exos with Flawed being worth 147, Solid being worth 182, and Pristine being worth 218 xp.
    It did not look like these values changed if the exo was colorless or specific to a given augment.

Edit: It looks like the value I was using for the Resto New Justice mod was off. I don't have one myself, but looking a few different place the Resto and Dom mods of the same tier always seem to give the same amount. I can't fine the site that said it was 55 each, and found a different one saying its 89.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

At this particular point in time I'm just going to come and say there's nothing to complain about with these numbers. they can stay where they are in my opinion.
  8. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I wasn't sure where to put this, I'm sure it happened as part of the augment update.

The plans for crafting the raid gear in the monthly episodes have been removed from the vendors. Also, the styles have not been added to Vendor 22. Is there going to be a new method to get these styles if you are unable to get the drops? Scraps for the episodes still seem to be on the test vendor, so I'm not sure if this was an accident. My suggestion would be to either keep the plans (using scraps and exo-material, and possibly reducing the total scrap need) or just remove scraps all together and put the styles on Vendor 22.

I would also be curious to know what happens to the plans for Runes of the Norseman plans that drop in Hand of Fate raids, and any other one off crafted gear like the one tiara that has a chance to drop in Gates of Tartarus. The Norseman gear could just drop as role unattuned gear, but the tiara gives you a choice between two different styles. Maybe you could have it as unattuned gear but instead of a role when you attune it, you chose a style.
    • Like x 1
  9. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I just found a possibly more reliable value for the Restoration New Justice mod, since I don't have easy access to it. Resto now ends up as -16 from target instead of +324 (a clear outlier, so something looked wrong).

I would also note that the target values basically gave you two sets of New Justice mods equipped. So even though the comparison to the target is slightly lower (except for power), everyone ends up with more stats overall. So I do agree that other adjustments aren't really needed, though they may be appreciated by edge case players.
    • Like x 1
  10. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Both adjustments announced today are very responsive and practical solutions to questions that have been raised. I love the idea of raising an Exobyte to a higher XP version using exo-material. I think this has more longevity, in terms of usefulness, than just settling a static XP value.

The addition of health, power and weaponization directly addresses the need for augments to be more tailored to different roles. My brain is exploding with combinations! (Example, let's say my healer could use a little more health, guess I'll just have to try 3/1 resto/dom - yay, shields!)
  11. Delta2Four Active Player

This is great, but it still doesn't address the players that use different mods on PVP gear.
    Would it be possible to have exobytes granted based on PVP cr, similar to how the exobytes are granted based on PVE cr - then have those exobytes be specific to separate origin augments so they're not some cheap way to easily max out your augments for your PVE loaduts?
    Just a suggestion. The thought of having to adjust my loadouts in order to share the same augments really concerns me.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Haven't looked at a lot if the plans but the material used to craft norseman is still down the bottom of the r&d vendor cause I bought some to test if it gave so.

The other material used is ethereal dust which I'm going to assume still drops in hand of fate.
  13. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Hello I cannot go on test, but my league and I been thinking about. What would happen if you want to switch power? Will you get the changes to remove the other mods. Like for ur support role. If u a controller switch to a healer and healer don't use vit.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

I'm in the same position but to be honest there's stat caps and other things at play in pvp, I'm happy to just level up any precision augments I might want manually and play around with where I want my stats via skill points as well.

I get the frustration for sure and if the devs want to do something with pvp then they can. I think I'm just kinda over testing for this phase, back to the real game for me :D
  15. Proxystar #Perception

No if you're going to change I'd suggest changing before you use your golden exobytes and take the opportunity to do so. If you change later than you're going to have to manually level up your desired alternative augments.

I haven't tested it but I think you can feed cybernetic augments (episode ones) but you can't feed origin augments.
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

oh... didn't see that coming ^^' guess i can scratch the idea to use resto augments for fire tanking...
    now, the extra health makes the dom mods more attractive to me than what the restoration offers...

anyways: it doesn't make much a difference even though it still helps... THX for the readjusting ;)
  17. bitGAM3R Well-Known Player

Anyone know how much
    for example
    Aggressive Exobit = EXP on augment update?
    Aggressive Exobyte = EXP on augment update?
    Might Mod = Exp on augment updaet?
  18. StealthBlue Loyal Player

All obsolete casting items (old bits/bytes, simple, complex, focusing elements, core elements, gear mods, etc) are worth 20xp each (as it currently stands on test).
    • Like x 2
  19. Luke© Well-Known Player

All Items worth 20exp? How fair is that? 8 exobits = 1 exobyte, and you get the same xp. Same for mods, you wasted like 100000 items for that, and still get 20exp? Great idea...
    • Like x 2
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I agree the values are definitely a little wonky, but I can also see why they are. After augments, none of this stuff will be in the game anymore, and you won't be able to obtain them anymore. Doesn't make sense to waste programming time giving them unique values when they're just going to get dumped.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.