Test Discussion Augments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

Nice addition! Thanks.
  2. DCAutymn Developer

Soul: The Damage/Precision bonuses is only active during combat. I will make sure that the tooltip is updated to reflect this. While in combat, you will see the buff in your buff list. If you don't see a difference, please let me know.

The effects of the augments definitely are intended to stack.

Autymn
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I'm posting this here so we can see a little of the reductions for comparison.

[IMG]

This is a CR235 build, not a CR240 build with elite gear and OP items, so that has to be said straight off the bat.

I cannot get in to my base to change my vit mods, or to change my power mods to health mods.

I am down 15340 health, The defense decrease I'm putting down to gear differences

There has been a 1,226 drop in restoration and a 494 decrease in dominance.

Now since there are a lot of variables here skewing the results in that I can't change my generator mods and this will all be skewing other figures and percantages elsewhere it's difficult to get absolute accuracy but I wanted to provide some early details before there appears to be some imminent changes today.

Once I'm able to make changes and while accounting for gear difference I'm pretty certain that health decrease is going to be sub 10,000 if not less.

The difference between resto and dominance is because you're not able to split your augments in the same way you split your mods, you're going to need to make a decision as a fire tank as to how you want to do this going forward are you going to do resto augments or are you going to do dom augments.

It may also be that you need to tweak how you do your generator mods and skill points as well, what goes in to dom, what goes in to resto etc.

The issue with dominance and restoration isn't going to be fixed by creating a "super health augment" it's only going to be fixed by changing the values on the support stats.

It sounds like the developers are making changes there, so when they're released I'll take another look at the build and hopefully I'll be able to access my generator soon too.

Oh big edit - You'll be getting more resto and dom from your elite gear and OP items as well, so there's that too.
    • Like x 1
  4. Avair Administrator

Alright, I have an update for everyone.

I have been told that it is totally cool to use GIFs on the forums as a developer.

[IMG]
    • Like x 18
  5. Avair Administrator

Also, we have increased some stats on Augments as follows.

• Increased power on every Augment
    • Added additional power (on top of the previous buff) to Vital and Restorative Augments
    • Increased health on Dominating Augments
    • Increased Weaponization Rating on Precise and Mighty Augments
    We made these changes for a couple of reasons. They are as follows:
    • To offset a little bit more for the loss of affinity bonuses
    • To help mitigate the difference between those who went deep on health or power Mods
    • To be nice
    Thanks for the feedback!
    • Like x 16
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Excellent, should help alleviate the mob, look forward to checking it out.
    • Like x 1
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm REALLY looking forward to the augment system now. It will still have it's issues but right now I'll take it over gear mods any day.

One suggestion though, is perhaps adding a conversion kit to the MP that would allow us to feed one augment into another for full XP, that way people who switch powers/playstyles often will have some flexibility.
    • Like x 6
  8. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

How far have you all gotten on ranking up augments? I know it's only been a week and more time would be a better gauge, but with only two weeks of test it is what it is.
  9. Soul Dedicated Player

He said the addition to the tooltip the bonus applies while in combat only would be appreciated, he also retested the stats under that fact
    Tooltip while in combat:
    [IMG]
    Stats NOT in combat:
    [IMG]
    Stats IN combat with augment buff (just a weapon tap so no might neck or artifact bonus):
    [IMG]

If you could provide a bit more feedback on how the stats are supposed to work this would be appreciated as even after the test the numbers are still not adding up correctly

BASE MIGHT: 30,147
    BASE MIGHT IN TITANS ISLAND: 30,585
    MIGHT WITH Augment x2 Bonus: 31534

Difference: 949 Might or 3.1% only

Prec on Titans Island: 9228
    Prec with Augment x2 Bonus: 9587

Difference: 359 Prec or 3.89%

It would seem the prec is closer to the 4% but the Might is still not at 4% and if you base it off the base might of 30,147 then it would be even less, he assumes there is some slight increase in might for just being in open world that is not showing up as a green number.
    • Like x 3
  10. DCAutymn Developer

I will look into this.
    • Like x 3
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Sounds like some good changes!
    • Like x 1
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This right here. +1

I'd pay for this. My biggest concern with the system is changing powers, roles, playstyles. Even if it's something else we have to pay for, which I don't really like. I'd be very willing to buy something like this. Sometimes people just want to change now, not in a month.
    • Like x 2
  13. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

From what you posted after the updated augments i think we'll be in a good spot.
    • Like x 1
  14. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

No thank you. Without this, people might think twice about switching to so-called FOTM powers so often. Currently to switch from Precision to Might or from a Troll Modded Power to a Tank Modded Power you'd have to re-mod your gear and Gen Mods, which took time and effort. Meaning you'd have to really want to do this. Should be no different for Augments/Implants.

I'd like to see steps forward, not standing still. Sometimes that requires limitations.
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

What is it to you if people switch to FoTM? I'm just as against cheesing as the next guy, but it really isn't as hard to prec if you're might. All you need is 10 episode recovery kits and some buff colas. Don't even need the gen mods to swap cause the impact they have on performance is insignificant.

If someone switches more power to them, but that doesn't mean that they deserve to get screwed out of the system, they still paid $10 and supported the game.
    • Like x 4
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, wrong. Mods have never been a make or break thing. I'm betting there are more people running alphas, like myself, or betsy. At least until the gear was high enough to warrant making a mod.

It's really no different than totally recovery kits.
    • Like x 3
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Are these changes live on test now?
  18. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Ok, so the goal is to max out 6 augments during an episode. Shouldn’t it be 12 (for the same reason we’re getting 8 goldens instead of 4)? And to clarify, when you say 'dedicated play' do you mean; by playing the new episode’s content only (without using replay badges), or something more than that? Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  19. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Firstly, your first question could simply be answered with itself in reverse, but then we'd be stuck going around in circles. Secondly, you've completely underplayed the difficulty of switching prec to might. Unfortunately you're chatting with someone whos done it a few times over the years due to a playstyle change, so cutting it down to 10 recov kits and sodas isnt going to cut it. We both know it takes far more than that. Finally, im also not buying the "screwed out of a system" comment. Based on test results, and the complete destruction of your underplay of how difficult it is to switch currently, they match up pretty well.

Im sorry but if you'd come at this with facts we could have discussed it, but you may as well tell me all of a toons powers get unlocked at level 5, because thats just as true as your view of how easy it is to switch currently. Not everyone has spare mods in their bank, not everyone can buy em off the broker, and not everyone gets to play DCUO multiple hours a week.
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's laughable that you really think you need mods to be adequate at full precision. Like Prime already stated, you can get away with using just betas if you wanted to. The biggest factor will be your artifacts, namely the venom wrist dispenser. You'll spend more time leveling that up than you would replacing any mods. What's "fact" to you is opinion to others, and vice versa, no need to speak as if your opinion is superior just because you made the switch. I tested the stats revamp extensively and know exactly what it takes to swap play styles.

Now I'm not going to discuss anymore on this matter since is derailing the thread, I'll be happy to discuss in PMs or in a separate thread if you'd like.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.