Augments Transition Ends August 30

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 22, 2018.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

You know before hand that august 23rd would be .50 hot dog day, or sonic even sold hotdogs. The people who left before augments were announced know nothing about augments or their is an expiration date on them. All they know they will come back and they don't have any mods
    • Like x 1
  2. IsmeldaHuine New Player

That means that the box of golden exobytes i got from the quest will disappear after the 30 if i didn't open it? Or is it just the quest that won't be granted anymore and thus no more box of golden exobytes.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The quest will no longer grant the large golden exobytes, but rather a small standard amount.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not to keep asking the same thing, but your last few answers sound conflicting. RIght now I have about 10 alts I have not run the mission on. If I log in today and hit the mission on each, I'd get the exo cache, correct? If I don't open it, it will remain in my inventory....not dissapear... but after the 31st will only give some small amount of XP, not the golden exos?

Assuming that's correct, If I go in and run the mission, get the exo cache and then open it to get my 'at current level golden exos....if I leave them in inventory, will they still remain and still be the same value after the 31st?

Reinheld
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If you have your golden exos, great! You're set.

If you have not completed the mission, do so now to get the maximum XP from your golden exos.

After the 30th, when you complete the mission, you may get less XP from the lesser golden exos, especially if you are very high level.

It's not intended to be able to keep the mission in your journal for a long time, level up, and then complete it - bypassing the actual artifact leveling process and the purpose of the transition.
  6. Tygerfyre Committed Player

I don't have a dog in this race, but I still haven't heard a good reason why the quest can't give the full golden exo amount based on level indefinitely. There is no advantage to Daybreak or the players to turn it off, and a possible huge negative in terms of alienating returning players. New toons would never see this in the first place, so all this does is penalize lapsed players JUST as you might be getting them to come back.
  7. Tygerfyre Committed Player

I just saw mepps' last post as I finished mine. While that's a reason to end it, it's not the best solution. Just get it to forcibly complete the mission at next login. No one could sit on the mission, but no lapsed players would miss out on the full cache either.
  8. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Mepps, what about people who buy jump to 170? First, do they get augments, second do they have to start them at 0 XP?

While on the subject, jump to 170 does not give a player what they need to play at CR 170. It only gives the toon 77 sp (should be about 190), only 1 set of armor (so can only play one role), no Marks of Victory (so can't buy base dispenser items), and no Olympian generator mods. For $50 the toon should get everything they actually need to play at CR 170.
    • Like x 1