Augments Impressions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I find the augments easier then mods, don't have to change them out, and don't feel the pressure of trying to have the best of everything.
    Not to mention space saver for bank and inventory slots.
    • Like x 5
  2. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Everything just feels more streamlined and natural now.
    • Like x 2
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm not as against Augments as I thought I would be except 2 things. Inventory overload and the feeling of a lot of wasted effort still (I'll get over it I guess). I salvaged about 20 pieces of gear I had lying around, ran the island mission, the duo, the alert, and 2 bosses of the first Raid (was working through the guided tour mission) and I have no less than 30 inventory spots taken up by augment related fragments, solids, pristines, vit, dom, resto and might full and partial exos and a bunch of other stuff I'm not even sure about. I didn't even get to the 2 missions to get my 'golden' exos and whatever....I was out of inventory space and didn't want to risk having a floater I couldn't pick up. Why so many different pieces and the ones that are the same....why only stack to 4? While I'm sure I could just feed them to the augments and be done with it, I normally like to weigh my options and see what I get after a few days....I do the same with drop gear and like to decide what pieces I'm opening first after I have a few on hand. I spent more time last night trying to shuffle things and make room than I did playing. I'm sure it will get better as things go along, but it's a bit ridiculous when you see them all at once.

As far as the wasted effort, I guess I'll just have to suck it up. Ground out a lot of stuff to make gear/base mods, spend a lot of money in game to buy supplies, all to just have them vanish and be worth nothing (well something...just not much). BTW...if we had socketed mods still Wed night I thought we were getting some credit for those. Maybe i missed it, but what credit? A lot of my mods I pulled out and used Exe recovery kits on to get bytes, but I only had a handful of those and took 3 sets of gear into Wed night fully modded on my main. What was the result of that, or were those mods just turned to dust without even the 20xp I would have got if I pulled them out first?

I'll hold off final judgement for a few more days. Trying to keep an open mind.
    Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  4. AquiloFury Committed Player

There is definitely one in league halls..in fact I think there are three. :) They are in the same room as the "generator" where you buy the buffs, but in the opposite side, just an fyi :D
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

My memory likes to screw with me so I didn’t want to unintentionally spread misinformation :D
  6. AquiloFury Committed Player

I don't remember exactly where, but Mepps said that any mods left In gear would indeed vanish, but he felt that with the golden exobytes we were getting..it wasn't worth taking them out. Granted, you still could have..but the value in doing that is ultimately up to the player i think.
  7. AquiloFury Committed Player

No worries :D Just wanted to confirm what you thought to be the case :D
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Cool, I’m glad it only lies to me about important things, like “Did I feed the cat?” :D
    • Like x 1
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I am critical with the devs on a lot of things (im still not happy with what we got with the death of superman rewards.)With that said this augment system is by far the best thing they could have done for the game and should have always worked this way...so bravo to you devs
    • Like x 1
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Also i agree with what another poster said can we please get a spot in the augment area where we can put all of the tactical mods we want to use?
    • Like x 1
  11. Starblast Well-Known Player

all i have to say is I never had to mod anything and easily got to end game all the way to this one. i mean. i'm not number one DPS or anything but my fave thing is it got rid of all the crap in my inventory so I have space now. and low levels are still playing the low level content. so for now anyway I think this content is good. i have not played the final raid yet.

On a side note....I'm very shocked Donna Troy is featured as much as she is! :)
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh, i'm sure they just vanished, and no...they were not worth taking out as the mod removal kit would be worth 20xp in augments, same as the mod would have been worth. My complaint is the fact that everything was worth the same at 20xp. Full mods should have been worth 5000 or something, full bytes worth 100 or whatever. Something more in line with the fact that each mod had 33 bytes in it, and each of those bytes had 8 bits in it, and bits are worth 20xp each, which would make the actual value of a mod (in bits alone) worth 5280.

Whatever it's done. It's not like it was going to change even if there was a huge outcry. I was just stating the fact that it was kind of a screw job if you went out and hustled and got your mods....or people who bit hunt and keep their inventory clean by combining bits to bytes. It would have been easy to say a byte was worth more than a bit...and a mod was worth more than a byte, or complexes were worth double simples. Just another in a long line of DC saying that if you go out and grind your butt off, it will not matter at some point...what you ground for will be given away or phased out in the long run.

On the augments themselves, they seem fine. We'll see in the long run how hard it is to keep at 'top level' with ever increasing costs as new DLCs come out. Everyone is touting how easy it is to level them vs mods right now, but they seem to be forgetting they were given a few full ones with golden exos and probably leveled another with eating supplies up. As we move forward, that will not be the case.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

That is why this game needs with urgency a tutorial and LFG by default.

To the OP, Augments is a nice step forward. The more simple the game is, more fun will be.
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I screwed up doing mine. But it's nice to know in the long run I didn't really screw up much.

The Gold ones threw me off. I thought since I could only use four for the Might Augments that I was suppose to use the other two for, in my case, the Vitalization Augments. So in the end I had...

Might 217 / Might 210 / Vitalization 217 / Vitalization 216

Yeah, I even screwed up which one I was maxing out. Only then did I realize I could actually have four mights in place at the same time.

Is there a way to use the Vits to Power the Mights like you can with Artifacts?

If not, I'll just keep the Vits in until I get a third Might high enough to make a difference.

As stated above, A tutorial like for the Augments would have been nice.
  15. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I like the system but after using the gold exos and after salvaging my entire inventory and bank space full of high level saved up gear I was still short about 250 might from where I was with mods. We weren't supposed to lose stats just from the gold exos but after salvaging 40 or so pieces of gear on top of the golden exos and maxing one augment all the way to 217 I was still missing some stats.
    • Like x 1
  16. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Augments are cool but for the people with four, five or more builds meh................ We got the shaft. I was out of town and could not get on test. I just got back home today to take a look see. If you have more than two stat builds we are screwed.

I would like to give a big thank you to all the testers that mentioned this and were blown off by the dev team. At least you tried.
    • Like x 1
  17. Knarlydude Loyal Player

^^^^^ feedback ^^^^^
  18. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

My Alts says to me now :"From Alt of us to Alt of you":Thank you for the inventory space :p
    • Like x 3
  19. Plowed In Loyal Player

Suggested reading material: Utilatarianism - John Stuart Mill
    • Like x 1
  20. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Now we've had a couple of days of Augments, my only "complaint" is that the white mods still have to be put in fresh with every gear change. *sigh* Very annoying, now that regular modding is gone.