Augments Impressions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Jul 19, 2018.

1. BumblingB I got better.

Hey everyone!

I spent a long time yesterday going through and feeding my augments materials left over from the previous regime and a few things that were going on in my head. So I will preface this with this is my personal views and taste, but it's mostly positive reviews from me.
    • I really love this system and it actually a great bonus for alts again, which comes from a guy that about gave up on them. (Still a sliver of hope.)
    • I love the design and tabs of the augments, but the actual navigation was kind of clunky and sometimes it would bug on me. I would have to tab out and go back in to correct this. It had to do with scrolling down the list.
    • Which brings to the next problem. There needs to be a way to hide augments we wont be using right now. If the DLC ones will always be on top and the origin ones at the bottom, the lists of both will get rather problematic. I know higher level ones get pushed up, but if you are working on different types at once, then it can get very confusing with how the UI displays them.
    • Sorting exobytes. I get it, there are different yields and different types for each exobyte but when I was using the booster, I had to scroll ridiculously through up and down to find the ones that give the most bonuses. Including ones based on type. Please let us at least sort by most experience earned.
    • I'm still confused why we were allowed to use nth metal on our augments when the reverse isn't allowed. lol
    Again, I really love this addition, these were just points I found myself thinking. I've already maxed out 3 of the 4 mighty augments. <3
    • Like x 14
  2. Avair Administrator

Thanks for the feedback! We are glad you are enjoying it. We will look into the bugs/ usability issues and see what we can take care of.
    • Like x 5
  3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

This is possibly the best feature update since original modding was introduced. I really love the interface.

Is it possoble Tactical mods could get the same treatment and be re tooled to use the artifact/augment interface?

Its still a bit of a hassle to have to swap it the tactical mod out every time you get a new piece especially when it is essential to the build.
    • Like x 4
  4. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Best thing about augments for me is how much inventory space I suddenly had after feeding all the garbage I'd been saving for making mods into the augments. It was like spring cleaning, and now my banks are open and happy again.
    • Like x 13
  5. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

This. I feel like I can breath again lol.
    • Like x 7
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

A few follow ons to what Burning Baron said. Ultimately it would be nice it only have to deal with tactical mods if you want to swap one out. I think someone suggested having a small box next to the gear in the UI that would be used to place the tacktical mod. But as a quick fix, would it be possible to have all tacktical mods in a single box on the base dispenser?

The old TC ones are now there in a single box that you open to pick which one you want. So it should be possible. I'd like to keep like a stack of 50 tacktical mod boxes in my inventory, and when I get a new piece of gear, I open a box and select a gear piece, then I choose amod for that piece from all mods that can go in that piece (preferably filleting out ones specific to other power sets and movement mode).

Right now I can simulate that by keeping a few of each mod I use in my inventory. But that takes up lots of space. It wont be as based now, though, since we feed up several spots using all the old r&d as experience.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I love being able to equip a piece of gear I get right then and there since we don't gotta pull mods out.

That's my favorite part.

Now if only we can get a portable armory terminal...
    • Like x 9
  8. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

While the system has some bugs, its so organic and cohesive, it feels like it should have been here back in 2011.
    • Like x 1
  9. kelticfury New Player

Coming from a low cr player, it seems like it is going to take forever to level up those augs. I hope that the flow of usable exos is better than nth metal.
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It all depends how much gear you salvage.
  11. kelticfury New Player

Oh? I have never salvaged anything, how do I do that?
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You go to an R and D terminal/table. There’s one in every wing of HQ and one in the two “higher level” safe houses. There might be one in the league halls as well, I’m not sure. :)
    • Like x 1
  13. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I am liking the simplicity of them. I also like the idea of not having to exchange mods every time i get new gear, ect. This is really a great idea
  14. BumblingB I got better.

It's supposed to grow with you. So the exp you get from the salvage for the IL you are currently at will put you in the right ballpark for your CR.

Yes, new Titan's gear yields way more exp than T3 gear does, but the bonus you aren't expected to have to max it out.
    • Like x 1
  15. BumblingB I got better.

There is a salvage table in league halls. It's where the proficiencies are at. Far wing opposite of the training dummies.
    • Like x 1
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Thought so, but my memory isn’t great so didn’t want to assert it too strongly.
  17. kelticfury New Player

Ahh thanks. I have never bothered using r&d. I thought it was going obsolete.
  18. Red Five Developer

I literally have to salvage gear as soon as I get it now. I think I've run from the Titans teleporter to the R&D table in the Tech wing about 10 times today.
    • Like x 3
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Portable workstation ftw :D
    • Like x 4
  20. BumblingB I got better.

I wish it was this easy for artifacts nth metal acquisition. lol

Oh and what 9001 said. Portable Work Station. $10 on the MP.
    • Like x 1