Augments, Implants, Artifacts.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnleashedBrevard, Mar 7, 2022.

1. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Do you like this augment system or did you prefer the old method farming exobits, creating bytes and modding the actual gear then being able to remove them and add even stronger to the new gear as you earned it.

Dual Role Players
    3 Artifacts (one character) ( 600 Rank @ 200 Rank Per Artifact )
    2 Adaptive Augments ( Rank 56 @ 28 Rank per Augments
    2 Implants (Total Rank 624, Rank 312 Per Implant )

Vs

Single Role Players
    Dual Role Players
    3 Artifacts Each per roll ( 1,200 Rank @ 200 Rank Per Artifact )
    4 Adaptive Augments ( 112 Rank @ 28 Rank per Augments
    4 Implants (Total Rank 1,248 , Rank 312 Per Implant )

Tank . DPS
    |VS|
    Troll . DPS
    |Vs|
    Healer . DPS

My progress since returning to the game 1/15/2022

Implants 8 weeks
    Mighty Augments 312 maxed out Restoration 312 Maxed

Adaptive Restoration 8 weeks
    Restoration Rank 28/28 maxed

Adaptive might 3 weeks
    Mighty Total Inductors 18 / 19

Artifacts. 8 weeks in
    Rank 142
    Rank120
    Rank 99
    Bottles Soder maxed
    How long has it taken you are you still grinding have you found it hard to get in to the older content other players have completed making it almost impossible to level the older augments? share your ranks with the rest of and maybe how you are able to get things done faster without spending money to speed the process and my process time was increased by not leveling augments, implants or artifacts on alt character but using those characters to speed the process by sharing the salvage and the loot they received to the one character that is being used to play 2 roles healer / damage.

I think this new augment system is like beating a dead horse it was faster to farm exobits turn them in to bytes and mod 3 characters worth of gear then how it is now it of course thats just my opinion.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You are kind of all over the place here, so I'll answer generally.

Augments. I think augments are fine except one thing. The Adaptive 'passive' benefits like loot bonuses should be active whether you have them socketed or not, as long as you don't consume them. The battle benefits should require socketing, as having them in or not having them in will potentially change the outcome of the fight....but the loot will happen whether you have them or not. Why should I need them in to get a bonus gear choice or mark?

Getting the older ones can be a bit of a challenge, but the older ones can accept almost any 'food' and the catalysts are pretty cheap on the broker or available on the vendors for source once in EEG. OP gear...that's a different story indeed.

Not a huge fan of the recent increase in adaptive levels(28 instead of 23), meaning an increase in cats and seals used to 'max' them out, but it's easy enough to get drop food or salvage food to keep them current per DLC IMHO. And personally, I run one of each (1 role/1 dps) till those are both 28, then work on the 2nd role or Dps one or alt augments. If the drops are too low, I can run with the split ones for 2 28s if needed (like for Elite) with a minor stat loss, but get the 'bonus' gains (if they are worth it)...I'd rather send my spare supplies to alts vs having 4 maxed ones on 1 toon.

Artifacts are fine as long as you are realistic in what you are going to do with them. If you NEED 3x or 6x 200s a month into playing, you are going to spend a ton of money. But you don't really NEED that. Nth drops are sufficient, although IMHO lower than pre ep 41...mainly because of the loss of the vault run Nth, if used efficiently on 2x weeks and by choosing correctly vs flip-flopping every time some Youtuber posts a new 'meta' build with different Artis...but doing that is on the player, not the game.

I'll take the new system of Origin augments over the constant creating, salvaging and re-creating the old gear mods any day.
    • Like x 5
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'd still like to see a method of rolling a maxed augment into a meta-augment that would activate ALL the passives if you're in that content, just so I don't have to switch them out after the first boss, where the limited loot drops remind me I didn't have the correct episode one in, then remember what doodad was which episode, scroll down and find them, pop them in then catch back up...then run the current content the next day and forget I put in the damn old episode augment back in for the fight...sigh.
    • Like x 2
  4. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Something like this is a great idea. Maybe when something falls into stat clamp, you can use the meta augment for all bonuses. This would also help with elite raids that are much easier when you have the augment bonus.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This is talking about different systems and not just old vs new.

The new augment system is more refined than the old modding system. With the old system you would have to remove the mod for the reduced yield or buy a perfect mod removal item. You then would have to make a new mod which required more components make. But you couldn’t really socket the mod right away since you’d want to mod the vendor gear instead of the dropped gear. Either that or mod the dropped gear and then repeat the modding system for the vendor gear. The new system is far more refined. You just keep feeding the augments as you get exobytes. Pretty straight forward.

The only thing that the old system was better at was mixed mods. I wish we could get might/prec augments but that’s just personal preference.

The artifact system is the best it’s ever been. Nth has never really been an issue. It has always been seals. And with the daily reward system seals are easier to get meaning the artifact system is in a great spot.

And as for the adaptive augments. They aren’t to bad. As others have said, they are more of an inconvenience than a bad system.
    • Like x 2
  6. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Yes, I prefer the augment system over the old exobyte system because the augment system plays to my laziness. I just do some dailies, the weeklies, run a few instances and BAM! my augments are max'd out.

Under the old exobyte system I just couldn't be bothered to spend hours and hours everyday zipping around Gotham and Metropolis hoping to find an exobyte spawn node and then hoping that it would yield the type of exobits that I needed for my character. I used to have tons and tons of yellows that I never needed and could never find enough reds that I needed desperately. Every now and then I would break even on the blues. But it was the amount of time that was required to farm them that got me to just quit and ignore the exobyte system completely.

I just want to login, do a few things and get on with my life. Spending hours and hours everyday in DCUO or any MMO is just no fun whatsoever for me. If I'm going to spend all day playing a single game it's going to be an offline single player game where it doesn't matter how often and for how long I go AFK and I never have to worry about a DDoS attack that prevents me from being able to play it.

Oh. And I never have to spend more money than the purchase price for an offline single player game unless they release an expansion. And there's never any microtransactions which is a HUGE plus.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No doubt. Generally the only ones I'm worried about is the Titans one in Machine Elite (if I ever run it again) as it does really help with the beam, the JLD ones for the madness in SGE (again...if I ran it) and the ones that give extra marks for WV/LLL/FP or now the bonus cats in HOD. The WV ones are the ones that make me the maddest, as that's 2 marks lost when I forget.

But I do have 1 or 2 from each episode still...just in case.
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I left in 2016. came back Feb last year with a year sub. So many new systems. Once i got caught up (origin augments maxed and ranking some adaptive augments up for feats, with the most recent used per role when they give stats better than the last version).

Artifacts, well, that's a long term aspect. I'll watch for double exp week for artifacts. I'll store artifact exp nth metal in my bank till then.

I can't recall how many skill points i had when i returned. Pug'n, i got lots in the past year. none from PvP, haven't done that mode since 2013? none from LPVP, i will not do that. Elite, no thanks, will not do. Am at 445 skill points. Rare style vendor in HoL was a good use of marks to complete style set feats. Beware if your alt got a drop and your main unlocked it via replay badges, the style item will appear green text/not yet unlocked yet u've gotten the feat already on your main.

Shirley, the upcoming changes that may or may not be released this year will include something similar to or a variant of being able to utilize the Menu in new and useful ways.
    <.< (looking@) Feats [Search]
    <.< Feats [pin to favorites to track and see on screen with enable or disable visibility on UI]
    <.< Increasing the size of the font during the loading screen describing counter mechanics to 72.
    <.< The slim vertical box on the side of a menu should not be so thin for a mouse to be slide it up or down.
    <.< scrolling feat description boxes... -.- meanwhile the others got a drop down java box. sometimes with the list of items, sometimes without a list.

>.>
    <.<
    In your next live stream mention counter mechanics 42 times. :p
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Augments are a simpler and better system, the only thing that needs to be improved is what to do with all these DLC augments that I don't think I should necessarily have to keep chopping and changing when I enter various EEG
    • Like x 3
  10. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

i got wise to salvaging blue and purple loot when a new selling to adaptive augments was coming. store up some exp. sell the greens/is a choice. rank upo nth metal with exobytes at table.

more systems. regular amount of content for pve.

PvP?????.....[IMG]
    Capsules gets more attention than pvp...[IMG]
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I believe I remember reading somewhere that the menu would be improved upon in regards to Omni. I for one will welcome that as I find it.... interesting.... to navigate. Often times I will think I am clicking on Custom but no, it's something else. Highlighting it option desired to click on in Green would be a welcome change.

So hopefully some of the changes you have mentioned will arrive soon, and don't call me Shirley.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Origin Augments = Great
    Adaptive Augments = Bad
    Lair System Mods = Annoying (should be like origin augments.)
    • Like x 3
  13. Leonite Well-Known Player

I like the current one.

But I like the idea about the adaptive augments need not be equipped to become active. This way, (1) we can rank up as many augs as we want (with a limit of two for each type so a maximum of 10 augs per episode) and (2) don't have to remember to equip the right augs when playing past episodes. Not to mention not having to save the augs in the armory, which is a minor thing.

The passives can still max out at two fully-ranked augs but, hopefully, not the stat bonuses since we do spend catalysts and seals to rank them up. Of course, they should still only activate in their respective episode's contents.
  14. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

So you like having Origin augments but my question is wouldn't you prefer they were like they used to be where you could be might based in a mod or be might/precision based or a healer resto/health or troll dom/vit or a tank dom/health of course they could do the same to adaptative augments or make those 2 duel and leave the 4 as they are or make them all extra not just one sided I play might based I don't seek extra damage but for those who do they are the one's that do get cheated a bit of extra damage from the lack of the origins only being one or the other not duel.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

No, actually I don't miss the old modding system AT ALL. Constantly having to either farm or extract the mods? No thanks. This is why I think they should switch the Lair mods system to.

Also, you can do the build by just adding different augments in. You don't have to strictly stick with one color. The Origin Augment system works.

Adaptive Augments are just bad. For something that is for one DLC only, they require way too much farm, plus they also require you to use Seals of Preservation because they have a random chance to fail. Which is ridiculous. Then you have to swap them between DLCs. It's a joke to entice you to use your money on, since they sell the catalysts on the MP. I do one set for the feats and that is it. No fancy min maxing with these.
    • Like x 1
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The only thing I don’t like about origin augments is that you’re stuck with either runes, implants or metagenes based entirely on one decision you potentially made years ago, years before augments were even on the drawing board as a concept.