Augment Questions: Gear crafting recipes and possible face mod bug

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tygerfyre, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Tygerfyre Committed Player

2 questions now that I've levelled my augments.

1) We used to have recipes to craft gear that we missed using Drenzium and the other metallic scraps we'd get from salvaging. Those scraps are showing as obsolete in my inven. Why are they obsolete? Did we lose the ability to get those scraps and craft that gear? It seems we did, since the recipes no longer show. If so, why? Those were not related to mods. Is there some new way to acquire that missed gear? (Such as, buy them on vendor 00?)

2) Face Mods. I had a couple in inven, and they also show as obsolete. But on my Mask of Omnipotence, the slot is still there. So are these really obsolete, and if so, why is the face slot still available? Seems like one of these two things is wrong.
  2. Tygerfyre Committed Player

::echo echo echo::
  3. DCAutymn Developer

Drenzium and other scraps are no longer available, so the recipes that use those items are also no longer available. Part of that is because scraps required salvaging items, and all salvage now turns into exobytes.

I will check the Face mod. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Autymn
    • Like x 1
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You need to add those styles to the rare styles vendor then. there’s also some miscellaneous weapons/face styles that just became a LOT harder to get because of this change.
    • Like x 4
  5. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Thanks for the info Autymn. I just didnt want to feed those scraps to an Augment if it was a mistake.

I would like to suggest the rare styles vendor get an update soon then, and include these styles that are no longer craftable.
    • Like x 2
  6. Imaginos Dedicated Player

On a related note, shouldn't recipes for stuff like dominance & vitality mods be NON consumable as they do absolutely nothing when you consume them, except waste the cost you'd get for selling them to a vendor.
  7. DCAutymn Developer

Ideally, yes, we should have. However, with the sweeping changes that we made, we wanted to minimize our risk. We judged that the chance of causing more problems than we solved was too great.

Autymn
    • Like x 1
  8. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Perhaps they should be tagged with the "obsolete" tag like most of the non functional r&d items are. That would at least give people a chance to sell them if they didn't realize that they no longer give something to build. Also thank's for replying.