Augment loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by drkrjones, Apr 29, 2020.

1. drkrjones Level 30

Quick question for the boards: I am running a might DPS (electrical), 300 sp (I know, it's low - but, I am working on it) CR 307. Should I maintain 4 might augments or change to a more balanced load out, e.g. 2 might and 2 power, one of each?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's no such thing as 'Power' Augments but 4 Might is the standard for Might DPS.
  3. drkrjones Level 30

I incorrectly called them "Power", they are Vital. My thought was I could use the extra power to enable more rotations.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Your Mighty Augments already have Health and Power along with Might. The Vital Augments are for the Controller role, a DPS doesn't benefit from Vitalization.
    • Like x 4
  5. RoBotkin Well-Known Player

This. Vitalization doesn't affect normal power regeneration, it only applies to a controller's group power heal.
    • Like x 4
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

If you’re having power issues here are some things you can do:

1. make sure you have all four of the latest power generator mods
    2. take pets out of your loadout (or use a 200lvl grimorium artifact),
    3. see if there are any other substitutions you can make in your loadout. Sometimes a 100 power cost ability only does a smidgeon less damage than a 300 power cost ability.
    4. use energy soders
    5. reexamine which artifacts you’re using. A lot of people overlook the power stats (or lack thereof in some cases) when they choose their artifacts for might DPSing but it can be quite important, particularly with certain powersets. I wouldn’t use the omegahedron by any means, but perhaps there’s another artifact you were heavily considering that gives a lot more power than one of your current ones.
  7. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

I cant think of any load that would tax a 200 grim...I guess you could try as a kind of stunt but really...a 200 grim should be enough...good advice...if power is an issue that's the artifact you want..
  8. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

1) your cr and sp should be near equal...300/307 is ok...yes it SHOULD be higher...at end game not sure why it isn't...but...meh...
    2) the e power has shields and dom affects them directly...it goes without saying every choice to use or empower your shields takes away from dps...every shield in your load is one less attack more dom means less might...that is not to say adding dom is a mistake...this game puts a high value in surviving...adding a shield keeps you alive in boss fights many times...and a knocked out players dps number is 0...even negative 1...knocked out they do no damage...and the players desperately trying to revive them between boss attacks cant do what they need to do as well...thus the negative 1