Attack of the Anti-Monitor!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Devs, event is fine, as always. But the Warp Menu shouldn't send you to the zone. It should send you to the
    Watchtower/
    Hall of Doom. There's a terminal that gives the player a daily mission (Rest in Pieces) on the Watchtower/Hall of Doom. If you warp right to the zone, then you miss that mission. Or just put the terminal in the zone (don't know why you didn't put it in the zone in the 1st place).
    • Like x 5
  2. Blood Marauder New Player

@Captain1Dynamo wow, I've completely missed that mission two days in a row, is it in the Monitor Womb?
  3. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Correct, close to where Hal stood to start the Xmas event. So if the warp sent everyone to the same spot as Season's Greedings, they'd get the mission before using the teleporter to go to the zone.

Or move the terminal into the zone.
  4. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

For villains the terminal is on the Hall of Doom beside the teleporter that takes you to the anniversary zone. South east center ring, next to the teleporter to the Amusement Mile Gang War zone (teleporters are shown on the map).
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Wow, never knew that. Skipped it every day last year and yesterday. Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, pretty poor design flaw. :(
    • Like x 1
  6. DiscoSoup Active Player

So, how long does this event last this year?
  7. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Is there supposed to be a new style gear? I see the containment style in the vendor and an accessory. I do not see any other new styles though.

Thank you for decreasing purge from 4 to 3.

Like the new base items. Would have liked some lava floor without the metal bars. They look nice though.
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Until February 3rd according to the current and upcoming events thread.
  9. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

It is funny the moment when THE crisis is having its biggest moment yet in popular culture is the time when DCUO makes the least out of it.
    I like that the warp menu sends us directly to the zone. Personally I don't bother with that mission (or any dailies tbh), but the more important issue is that with teleporter griefing becoming a worthless endeavour for trolls, it saves everyone a headache.

I would, however, agree to have an additional terminal placed in the zone for other player's convenience.
  10. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Mepps, why do Anti Matter Motes cost Quarks when they have never been in a time capsule and are for seasonal event?
    There are players who do not open time capsules and this would shut them out from making the enhanced armor.

Just curious as this was brought up in a twitch stream tonight.
  11. DiscoSoup Active Player

So, i want to make sure my calculations are correct. Maximum Qward tokens for the event are 260 without replay tokens?
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Mepps or any Devs. Can we get a verification that the Event will indeed be on till Feb 3 (6AM reboot Feb 4 really) vs the 3 more days as advertised on the 'warp to' menu for the zone today(I"m assuming that means 6AM reboot Feb 1)? What's the difference? Well the weekend for one....Feb 1 reboot end means we've got just 2 weekday days to run whatever we are going to run after Thursday reset. For some of us that's a lot of runs in 2 days. Assuming it's really Feb 3, reboot on Feb 4, that leaves the weekend and 5 days to do those same runs.

Oh...and because accuracy is always nice too. This is the 2nd event in a row with a mis labeled countdown timer. If it's going to be inaccurate, I'd say remove it completely and just avoid the issue. I'm assuming it has something to do with the end of the month, maybe that it can't spread into the next month, but bad info is worse than no info IMHO.

Reinheld
  13. mrcheap Well-Known Player

...and will there be a double drops weekend for this event?
  14. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Is this event gonna actually end on february 7 with the daily server restart and the Valentine's Day event update? Sorta like it happened when this event took the place of the Christmas event...
  15. tukuan Devoted Player

Hey Mepps, in game on the map warp it cautions that the event ends in 2 days, but the poster states Feb 3rd. I'm assuming the poster is the correct date but can you confirm either way - thx
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I see the teleporter countdown has been corrected to reflect the proper end date (assuming the 4 days means 4 'days' then 23 hour countdown on the 3rd at 9AM CST)

Thanks for correcting that....a lot less grinding I have to knock out in 48 hours.

Reinheld