Atomic Tank Loadout Help!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by xSkyAndSeax, Jul 31, 2017.

1. The Anxient Loyal Player

Healing crits only effect proton remedy. Speccing into them is a waste
  2. Templeton Active Player

Thanks a lot, you just saved 40 sp :) also, nice pic, the ice guy looks amazing!
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

No problem and thank you
  4. Hempkrete Active Player

If you're gonna play full defensive tank
    CAC: 10
    CAD: 10
    Rest, split 50/50 to health and dom or go 60%-40% or 70%-30%. Gear gives you enough dominance but it's always good to have stronger shields. Put hl shield next to density and your chances to die are minimal.
    My casual loadout:
    Atomic Reorganization
    Atom Splitter
    Theromochemical Explosion
    Density
    Mass Density (when playing without healer and for some bosses, sometimes I use Neutrino Blast for group immunity)
    HL Shield (I don't go in hard raids withot it)

I have 294 sp and I spec'd em like this:
    CAC: 20;
    CAD: 40;
    Might: 183;
    Health: 22
    Dom: 11
    Innates in superspeed: 5

For hardest raids I respec everything to health and dom.
  5. Hempkrete Active Player

Oh yeah, I forgot one more thing, you can also use CC trinket for shielding or Personal Dampening Field consumable. Activate CC trinket once, after second activation hold melee it will shield you. That would be 4th shield, and if you die with 4 shields, uninstall game. :D
  6. krytine Loyal Player

I prefer running with atom splitter i like the 360 pull and damage does matter some. The more adds you pull all around you and the more attention you can get the better for everyone else. Now as in damage for the board i couldn't care less about it. But as a tank every power you use is a tuant to grab aggro. And when an add is hit by a move you keep the hate on you. So the devs 60 attacks i like .
  7. Wellsrage New Player

Atomic tank have problems bro maybe change tour power to rage or fire is better ,
    The atomic tank dont have the best defense and dont have the best heal ,this tank is only domain but the heal is not sufficient and the defense is bad , the others tanks are much better
    I think that dc need to fix atomic tank ,because he have low heal and absortion is low too
  8. L T Devoted Player

Don't bother with healing crits. I haven't worked out all the numbers for Atomic but most of your healing should be coming from your combos which are Dom based and don't crit.

1 skill point in health, resto and Dom is a given because that first skill point buys a lot. May as well throw 1 in might/power too. After that dump all of them into Dom.

Dumping 150 skill points in health will get you an extra 2774 health. The same in Dom gives 555 extra Dom which is 1581 more shielding from density and about 200 extra healing from each combo.
  9. The Anxient Loyal Player

If you're having trouble with atomic tanking it's you not the power.
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, wrong, wrong, wrong, annnnnndddd wrong.
    • Like x 1
  11. Wellsrage New Player

Lol, when you see atomic tank in elite or sm ? tha atomic tank die in elite and sm >R10 all the time ,because need to do combos bro ,the problem is that combos dont have the best rest and absortion .Compare with others tanks the fire have 50% more health ,ice is all domain and good absortion of damage ,etc.....
    Atomic is hybrid heal + absortion , the fire need health but he have 50% more of health and ressist the atomic only on average (Itry this on my pj 339 sp 214 cr ) 36000 and combos do not restore much so whenever you go to a raid the atomic tank goes with life from end to end line of health .On the other hand absortion when you have the Aura is low too
    always the bosses constantly attack and while you do combos your life falters all the time
    I try with 8200 of domain do combos to heal me and the same is not sufficent to health me and life falters all the time
  12. The Anxient Loyal Player

I have tanked both elite and sm as atomic.
  13. L T Devoted Player

Heh.... Kinda surprised this thread is still a thing.

The numbers are in. Proton remedy is trash. Density is a must have. Crit damage over crit heals, and Dominance beats health or restoration.

Hard light shield is a good thing too.

New thread in the Oracle section should pop up in a day or so.