Atomic Tank Loadout Help!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by xSkyAndSeax, Jul 31, 2017.

1. xSkyAndSeax New Player

Since revamp I've been hesitant to go on my tank, actually before revamp too because I have fears of being kicked sometimes >~> Anyways I have 181 skill points and I don't know which stats to use for my Atomic Tank and don't know a good loadout. So can anyone help me with this and with a good rotation? And by the way my CR is 101 if that helps!
  2. Roomba Dedicated Player

Dom/hp.

Tanking hasnt changed much... You can use your old loadout! Rejoice!

Youll find Density is much more reliable for saves/pickups
    • Like x 1
  3. L T Devoted Player

Electron Flare - crowd control and aura shortcut
    Atom Splitter- slow combo with good CC
    Thermo chemical Explosion- fast combo
    Density - shield
    Neutrino Blast - group breakout
    Energize/Mass Density/Range Pull

If you find you're not healing yourself fast enough in content replace atom splitter or electron flare with beta surge and focus on the fast combos.

Remember to always keep your aura active.

The big difference with atomic tanking is that combos no longer counter, so you'll have to use weapon attacks to block break or interrupt.
    • Like x 1
  4. daffie999 New Player

No Proton Remedy?
    • Like x 1
  5. L T Devoted Player

Forgot. I typically used that instead of density pre-revamp.

Shields do tend to be better in the revamp though. I haven't run the numbers to see which is better.
  6. daffie999 New Player

I've been using both, certainly depends on what you're doing though. I don't use Electron Flare.

2 combos, group breakout, heal, shield, taunt.

I don't believe I've ever noticed a fast vs slow combo. DPS/Molecular healing always seems the same, may have to look into it more but clipping 2 combos gets them off extremely quickly. Only thing I worry about is range/area depending on what I'm doing. So Atom Splitter + Thermochemical Explosion OR Nuclear Blast.

Neutrino Blast OR Proton Remedy is a shortcut to Aura, then just clip 2 combos. Using Shield/Heal/Taunt/Breakout as needed.
  7. L T Devoted Player

Atom splitter is 30% slower than TCE, according to Spord.
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Playing my atomic tonight. I was gonna run both remedy and shield.

I know the combo healing is based off dom, what about remedy?
  9. daffie999 New Player

Would that be for a full combo? 3.75 CD vs 2.75 CD? Or is it the initial power + 1st combo?

With clipping the only thing that matters would be the initial cast and combo, since the 2nd animation is buried away. And I suppose the question is would it even be worth swapping Atom Splitter when you don't need the pull? Are the other combos as fast as TCE?
  10. daffie999 New Player

Dom and Rest for shield/heal. Dom for Molecular and HP for Quark Aura.
  11. L T Devoted Player

TCE clipped is much faster than AS. TCE and Beta Surge are the fastest combos. Pre-revamp they were all I used.

Post Revamp is a different world though. Power is a thing. CC and shields seem to be the way to go for tanks. I'm not done putting all the numbers together and I'm not going to be done soon... But when I am I'll update the tank thread.
    • Like x 1
  12. krytine Loyal Player

If you look as it is is slightly slower the tce
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Honestly for me i still grab atom splitter over tce

Why?.. cause it doesnt matter as a tank how fast my combos are... unless people are chasing the score board as a battle tank (which they shouldnt be) ill be doing plenty of damage doing atom splitter and constantly keeping the adds pulled close to me once they are in range... the damage boost we got form this update is just a bonus to my tanking ability..

I personally use the break out... range pull...density (if i get the super charge mod ill use mass for alerts and raids)... pronton remedy.... atom splitter and a ranged combo
  14. daffie999 New Player

As a tank that definitely is the case for DPS. However, it would mean more healing as well which could be significant on a boss if you didn't need the ae pull.
    • Like x 1
  15. L T Devoted Player

This is exactly what I meant.
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Ahhhhh ok my bad yeah that makes more sense
  17. The Anxient Loyal Player

Proton remedy is resto based
  18. Roomba Dedicated Player

AS hits harder as a result of the time differences, always has been this way.

This is important for small scale dps as you can tone down your power consumption with AS if you need to.

That being said, I'm using the ol' Kaboomba for tanking.

AS, TCE, Beta, Grp pull, Density, Proton Remedy.

You absolutely do not need AS here and could easily put in something like... a break out or robo sidekick. Though I think he'd die sitting next to you while tanking. I only use AS to gather mobs for the dps. My main rotation is, as I mentioned, the Kaboomba. TCE x3 clicks, Beta x2 clicks. It maintains higher dps still, but with the added benefit of more frequent heal ticks from it being a faster paced rotation. This is why I disagree with statements like:

I sure do care about increasing my healing in, personally.

I'll draw it out like this. T means a heal tick from TCE, B from Beta, A from AS, etc.

Normal, boring combos: A--A-A-T-T-T-A--A-A-T-T-T. that's 12 ticks in 12 hits.

Kaboomba: T-T-T--T-T-T--T-T-T--T-T-T
    Kaboomba: -----B-B-----B-B----B-B----B

That's 19 ticks on a fresh start, or 20 if counting from the middle of the fight, in 12 (stacked) hits, in less time than the above rotation. You'll also notice that it basically means that every single healing in from yourself is a double tick except for ONE of the hits of the rotation. So it's not just better sustained, it's better burst.

Pure tank: AS, TCE, Aoe pull, Density, Grp Breakout, Proton Remedy. I'll put in ST pull in place of group pull if needed.
    • Like x 1
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Yeah i didnt even think about it til the other two guys pointed it out ..makes more sense now
  20. Templeton Active Player

Hi guys, I am doing ok with the loadout, but I have no clue how to use my stat points, I have 196 sp, I went for full crit heals and dominance, yet I feel too squishy, I even died on GOM, not sure if it was the healer or me. Should I get only 10 points in each healing crits and the rest into health and like 10 points in dominance? I have no clue lol. Also, I use proton remedy when starting the fight after 2 combos so I can get the quark gluon aura faster, so I don't really count on proton remedy to heal me, so back to stats, what should I do? thank you