Test Discussion Atomic Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Absolix Loyal Player

You are still acting under the assumption all block or die mechanics hit the entire group, and that there are bnot ones meant specifically for tanks. Also, you make the fallacy of trying to compare balance to a healer to balance to other tanks. Dps are not balanced to healers, healers are not balanced to trols, and tanks are not balanced to healers. It reality is apples to oranges, despite whether you claim it is otherwise.
  2. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

You mean simply clipping the first combo with the next power?
    I tried it, power regen worked just fine, but that's all. No aura.

Edit: I mean, I started without an aura, didn't try the combos after activating it.
  3. Absolix Loyal Player

An ironic insult is still an insult, and the fact that you would resort to that tactic again just further indicates the lack of any logical feedback.
    • Like x 2
  4. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Thank you so much! Now I really see a strong reason to keep the aura up as a tank. I can't wait for this power to go live, you all have made an awesome job!
    • Like x 1
  5. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

You know you've liked some of my post and I've liked some of yours as well right? No need to start acting like you now all the sudden think everything I'm posting is a "fallacy"(man i like that word can I start using that now too, it seems to be your word so i just wanted to get your permission) just because it doesn't agree with you. And I'm not going to act like everything you've posted is pure fallacy either. You've had good points and points I don't agree with. I voiced when I agreed and voiced when I didnt, and I moved on 2 pages ago and you kept quoting me.........can we get back to the actual feedback now?

So that boss that is oneshotting you during the block or die, tank only, attack can you post so Spord can fix it? That should get us back on track with the feedback and away from this nonsensical back and forth we've been having.
    • Like x 1
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

the heart of my post was about the assumption that the community will change and if the mass group of players see a one shot weakness then it will be excluded from things like SM in favor of another tank that the community believes can do it.. even if atomic can they will assume that it cant if they see enough bad ones in there failing or if enough people on here even think that it cant.

im all for hearing out more suggestions from people that can help us survive those supper heavy shots but just shooting down ideas and being rude to others isn't going to accomplish that (not saying youve been rude to me, just from your writing you seem to be getting pretty defensive and heated. they have a right to suggest ideas even if you dont agree with them.

its up to spord to decide what to do with them and what to implement.. relax buddy :)
    • Like x 1
  7. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

If anything they were starting to get a bit rude to me first and even after I asked to drop it and move on they continued to quote me trying to instigate. I know exactly what you were getting at and while I see the issue in the community I don't care honestly. If people want to think that let em think it. I was an Earth tank ever since it came out so I know exactly what the community perception was of them and yet I still played the content I wanted despite the push back from the community. The community can say "no Atomic tanks" in their shouts all they want, there will always be the one group willing to pick you up anyway and that is the group you should be wanting to get in. Who cares about the groups trying to exclude you?
    • Like x 1
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

10% damage absorption will help alot.
  9. Absolix Loyal Player

I don't think everything you posted is a fallacy, but that doesn't make your behavior about this topic any less indicative that you are applying logical fallacies in this situation.

Also, if you moved on there was nothing forcing you to post. If you don't want to respond, don't. There is no requirement for you to, so the fact that you have chosen to means you are making a conscious choice to continue this discussion. I by no means made you do anything.

All in all this is feedback. These is an imbalance with Atomic, and there has been reasoning provided as to why and where that imbalance exists in a thread about Atomic.
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Maybe we can convince the devs to put sm up on test and let you guys choose the rounds you want to test to see where it's not stacking up if it's not stacking up .. To help spord a bit with balancing
    • Like x 5
  11. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Fine so can you now please post the boss with the tank only block or die mechanic that is oneshotting you in block as Atomic but not the other tanks? If you want to call me out on my fallacies at least be able to disprove your own.
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

i agree with you on that sir i personnaly don't pug anything in this game unless i can run it by my self but others don't always have good friends to play with. im just trying to take the view of whats better for the game over all . im out on this issue as i think we all are now back to the thread :)
    • Like x 2
  13. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Ty Spord. I'm wondering when Trigon SM returns, If* we find out that Atomic tanking can't survive the extreme conditions of SM, will there be chance for further Tank changes ?
  14. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

I hear ya man.
    • Like x 1
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Is there anyway you can convince loche to put OA sm back up so these guys can test atomic out on it and see which rounds the power might n Ed adjustments at... With the requirement of people only using gear 143 and under so it's a accurate text in an sm built around specific crs
  16. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I think you may be missing out something here. A "death" mechanic alone (as implemented in Love & War and beyond) will not "one-shot" or overcome an Atomic Tank when blocking. They won't do this because the "death" mechanic is either 100% of your Health ignoring Defense and shielding if you don't block or it is a mild attack while blocking that eve Damage (who has the lowest) will survive. These are not the attacks in question.

The attacks in question are in regards to either a) "death" mechanics prior to Love & War or b) any combination of attacks from various sources. I listed these examples in my initial post to you. Some attacks like the large bubble from the Paradox Warrior, Avatar of Meta or Granny Goodness have set damage damage that they will do. These attacks will normally kill without a lot of mitigation at tier. For example an Ice Tank can stand in front of Granny Goodness to absorb most of her attacks with their shields (plural) and then dig into their Health. Should that specific attack be avoided in some other way? Sure but it is the way some groups will expect from a Tank as it has already been done. Avoiding it by dodging puts the pressure back on the group which is goes against what outright blocking the attacks is supposed to prevent. Other Tank can survive these attacks too but I use Ice because it is the most similar to Atomic while blocking.

Now with b) one shield is nice but you have multiple sources. Density can easily break from weaker attacks from adds A, B and C and then rely on normal Health for boss/match attack D. Basically any situation involving adds is where Atomic Tanks could struggle due to the desires of staying still, not being be able to combo, too much countering or a combination of any of the 3.

If you limit this discussion to current "death" mechanics no Tank (or anyone) will die if they block but it is not always about those specific "block or death" mechanics. It is also not something you can just adjust in the content without making it even easier for other Tanks to deal with.

Anyways since spord has slightly changed the reasoning I'll be responding based on that.
  17. Karasawa Loyal Player

So yes, Atomic can survive one-shots but you don't like being forced to carry Density?

Okay, aside from that being kind of unreasonable you could also just carry HL shield or Personal Dampening Fields instead. As a bonus, both are classified as healer-type shields so they'll actually stack on top of Density which is really nice.
    • Like x 1
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Well you have to ask yourself is there a situation where you have to block for more than 6-8 seconds. If the answer is yes, then there is a problem. If the answer is no, then there is no problem.
    • Like x 4
  19. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

To extend upon that if the answer to if there was a need to block for more than 6-8s, you then have to ask is are you blocking because the mechanics for the power are forcing you to block(ie the survivability out of block is not enough). If the answer to that is yes there is a problem, and I think that is where there is a disconnect between the two sides right now. One side is trying to say they should be stronger in block because they forsee situation where blocking will be very necessary(like SM) while the other is saying we don't need that because if we have to block the the mechanics of the power are not as good as they need to be.
  20. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Or, you know, they want to make both playstyles useable and give options to the playerbase. Please don't make blanket statements.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.