Test Discussion Atomic Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Small bug report:
    I ran couple instances and I saw that as dps or Tank, sometimes the aura lingers, only the visual effect though.
    The buffs are completely gone. But the aura stays there.
  2. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

So should I throw out my 9.9 second parses ? I have been doing a rotation and aiming for 10 seconds then I stop and then I perform another rotation. Right now I am performing a melee rotation. Or is there a way to set the parser to update every ten seconds so I can do a continuous rotation for three minutes ?
  3. Veritech Loyal Player

You can change parser durations in settings.
    • Like x 2
  4. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Okay cool thanks I will do that now. It will make things much easier. I have managed a few 10.second parses but I get a few 9.8s 9.9s 10.1s and 10.2
  5. theforgottenking1789 New Player

Can someone post a video of atomic powers AI AM being used with actual dps gear on in dps role
  6. spord Developer

The 2% is of your current max health when you use the ability. It is not based on resto. Also, it is fine to keep the aura going with 2 powers. The emblem blanking out when you use Density is known and expected.
    • Like x 1
  7. spord Developer

This is a known bug that is on deck for an engineering fix. If it keeps happening and messing you up then put an aura on your character instead of having an empty accessory style slot.
    • Like x 1
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

gotta ask still having trouble keep up power and all i am hitting the combos getting my aura on but i am not able to maintain power my power bar gets empty like fast.
    • Like x 1
  9. spord Developer

Power regen only works in DPS role. Are you talking about DPS role?
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

yes i am. sorry didn't mean to confuse you i should have added the role i was using
  11. spord Developer

No problem. Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look at it.
  12. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

cool, Thank you ;)
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

[Feedback/Opinions]
    Atomic wasn't really a power I had any interest in. Maybe a little more than Munitions but for me, I was really excited for Experimental Serums. I was disappointed when it was cancelled. I was also disappointed when Atomic was announced as being Orange, too, being a man of #69FF00 and all.

Seeing Atomic in action has made up for Serums being cancelled and the fact it isn't green, though. I really, really like it and honestly can't believe that such a good job was done on the visuals. The audio is incredible, too. It's such a fun power to play. I look forward to experimenting more with it when I can. But my PS4 controller degrades the framerate of the test server over time to a point where it's in the 15-20FPS region and becomes unplayable.

I've got the combos down to a tee. They hit really hard, but I didn't feel as though they were ridiculously overpowered. With a bit of practice to ingrain it into my muscle memory, it should be a really fun DPS power. I haven't tried tanking yet, but my tanking experience doesn't extend further than Fire Tanking a few low tier instances anyway, so it'd be a good power to start learning tanking on, I reckon.

[Question open to all]
    The mechanic where you activate 3 powers from tray then finish up with Geiger Blast for a big hit of damage, does this have a power return feature? I could get the big damage hit from Geiger Blast working, but it drained my power bar and didn't seem to replenish.
    • Like x 2
  14. spord Developer

Glad you like it! You can get power back if Atom-Powered Assault is on.
    • Like x 4
  15. Dogico Loyal Player

Can somebody check to see if Density and Mass Density break after receiving X amount of hits before dom+resto is met? Walking into Nexus or queing into the T3 Meta solo is a good way to test this. I'd test this myself but I don't have a computer.
    • Like x 2
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Thank you, I will try it again tomorrow :)
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I can test this for you.
    • Like x 1
  18. Dogico Loyal Player

Thanks dude.
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

And we eagerly await I'm curious about this too I really think the shields should be tank shields used for oh crap moments
  20. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

So I think it may be after a certain amount of his.

I did density and a luthor hit me maybe five or six times and my shield disappeared. He was only doing 26 damage per tick and I had tank gear on in tank stance. The only other thing I could think of is that it has a short duration.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.