Atomic Is Orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BlazeChamp, Sep 23, 2015.

1. bindi Well-Known Player

i was hoping atomic would be orange. it looks great!
    • Like x 1
  2. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Yes and i love my sig now ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Sig says it all ;) Glorious :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Dibrie Committed Player

I see what you did there ;)

Greetz Dibrie
    • Like x 1
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

There were also probably just as many people on here begging for Orange. Check out this Google imagine search I just did:

FIRESTORM

Now tell me do you see ONE picture where Firestorm is GREEN? They did say they were basing Atomic on him so... 1+1 does not = GREEN

Now total reality check boys and girls. I spent years running a Emer, Services section for the military and a big part of our job was to respond to Nuclear incidents if they occurred .. Thankfully NO they never did. Point is would anyone like to know why we need to use a Geiger counter to help detect radiation? BECAUSE IT IS COLORLESS and ODORLESS. Now when an atomic bomb goes off yes.. there are flames because the blast ignites everything in its path.. And fire is almost always ORANGE/RED. Green is just a color that some how became associated with radiation in some games like this.

Once again... Stop worrying about what color it is and try JUST being happy its finally getting close to being introduced in game.
    • Like x 5
  6. The Anxient Loyal Player

I was really hoping for green but it's not the end of the world. Still buying my respec token when it comes out. 4 tanks ftw
    • Like x 1
  7. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

Isn't the more important part whether or not the power is fun to play? I did not play day one of the game but I will say I chose the powers I play which is most of them based on their entertainment value, but then again I don't spend all that much time playing dress up either with them.
    • Like x 2
  8. Galil ACE Well-Known Player

Well because we wanted to make a metallo clone and if we wanted to make a firestorm clone fire am does the hair even better, or what, are we going to have the same am in this new powerset?

How will this nuclear powerset be any different from fire?
  9. Ghostof91 New Player

I understand this Firestorm is well known but he should not inspired the whole powerset when were playing a cross factioned video game, theres no threads you gave me asking for Firesorm variation, it would have made Atomic much more flexible looking if it atleast had two colors, but now we have two orange self healing tanks.:rolleyes:, again this no insult directed to the devs work, its thought to keep in mind.
  10. Ghostof91 New Player

Self heals, orange, omg I forgot a tank as well?:eek:
    • Like x 2
  11. Ghostof91 New Player

He's laughing at how rediculous these all of a sudden orange lovers throws it our face. +1MJ;)

Were's the love for Fire.:cool:
  12. Avian Dedicated Player

It's easy to justify, the new one looks better.
    • Like x 2
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Lol where did you get the info on how the power will work oh right you didn't
    • Like x 1
  14. Gwalir Loyal Player

Ignoring the fact they haven't even said yet it will be self-healing like Fire as far as I can tell, implementing the change you guys want would still only change the one thing out of the three you listed.

The self-heals and Tank parts, the two parts that actually have an effect on gameplay and aren't just cosmetic, would stay the same if it was green or orange.
    • Like x 1
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Apparently quantum and gadgets are identical cause they are both blue and troll powers and both are advanced interactions

And munitions and hardlight (heroes) are both green and troll powers

cekestial was sorcery 2.0
    Munitions was gadgets 2.0
    Rage was fire 2.0 (if anyone else remembers players saying that )
    • Like x 5
  16. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Wow, people are throwing a fit about the powerset because it's colored like the character it is based on (which the devs said right when they announced it) and not some color they somehow talked themselves into believing it would be. Protip for those who can't bear having your dream world shattered: next time you build up expectations about something, maybe base your expectations on the information given to you.
    • Like x 14
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

With the number of power sets in the game and with each one being distinctive from the others, you'd think people would have learned by now.
    • Like x 3
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I think the only power that straight ripped off another is earths advanced mechanic to sorcery and even then they are slightly different lol

Ppl are over reacting
    • Like x 1
  19. Kuno Loyal Player

I'm glad Atomic is orange. Nobody should had expected any different since the devs said is based on Firestorm and not off Atomic powers already in the game.
    We have green for Nature, HL and munitions to a degree so enough with it. Also it doesnt look like Fire at all for what we've seen.
    Good job devs, cant wait to see more and play the power. Also because when Atomic is released that will mean Water will be closer!
    The effects looks sweet it screams classic superhero Kirby dots and New Gods to me!
    • Like x 5
  20. Dynagirl Committed Player

Can I ask where do all these people get the idea that atomic is going to be self healing? I mean, we just got the first picture of it with no other details but everyone who doesn't want it to be orange has said for months it is self healing. For all we know it could be 3rd defense buff tank or a different mechanic altogether (come on devs make my "debuffing" tank idea ;)).

As for the Firestorm thing, I refer you to my post here.:D Orange should be for both sides because there are a number of Orange atomic villains. It's not just Atomic Skull or Blight.
    • Like x 3