Atomic Is Orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BlazeChamp, Sep 23, 2015.

1. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Great pictures! Perhaps they could implement it like disguise device, that would temporary turn you into firestorm or whatever... But since Firestorm can be colored multiple ways, l just don't see why radiation-themed power should get unmatching orange color.

Honestly, you can find in DC lore many powers colored many different ways. We can see green fire, blue fire, emerald mental, dark red mental, blue-violet-white-purple-red electricity, force fields & space distortions of all different, not to mention of devices or magic. Same way one can find atomic-related powers and elementary particles in all colors or rainbow. It can get its way DCUO easily (as long as hardware limitations don't limit this).

But when there's only choice l still would prefer having for power a color, that would at much match & represent whole its concept. So it happened radiation is associated with toxic green color. Thus l planned my character being toxic green for very beginning and still won't give up.
    • Like x 2
  2. Ghostof91 New Player

Not really, that's like saying they will poll everything that interests them, my guess the time is tight, so there's not really much time for a poll, mid- range, Cross faction Pve etc.
  3. Dynagirl Committed Player

LOL! You still are artificially inflating your numbers even now! Those two did not post in the 3 pages you said you sampled from.:D If you are going to do that why doesn't the orange side get the same treatment? Like the 12 people who agreed with me and liked my thread? Do they just not count because it doesn't fit your narrative? ;)

Also,
    I gotta ask in what way are atomic powers a lot wider than Firestorm? I don't think you truly understand Firestorm's powers. You see Firestorm is the epitome of what atomic powers are. It is not just simple "molecular manipulation". They control Fusion and Fission, the nuclear chain reaction itself. Every other atomic character in the DC Universe just uses the energies created by these atomic reactions to do what they do. I don't know how you get more wider than controlling the bases of everything atomic.:)

As for Captain Atom, he can do those things. Quantum energy is so ill defined in DC lore that it literally can be used to do anything. The reason why Captain Atom doesn't come off as completely broken is that Nathaniel Adams doesn't completely understand his own power. If you want to see Atom come close to his full potential read his "new 52" book or Countdown during his Monarch days. Get ready to see some major wtf moments there.:D

Also I don't know why you are assigning color to subatomic particles... They literally have no color to them.
    • Like x 3
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

They have been holding off on this for, how many years now? But they don't have much time for a poll? o_O

Also, Atomic is not Radiation, Radiation is one result of Atomic
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Lol where are you getting this "half" number? haha come one don't make up big dramatic claims that they are losing half the potential sales cause of the color change when you have nothin to back that up ... I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the ones not switching cause of the color will be unnoticeable when it goes live
    • Like x 4
  6. Ghostof91 New Player

I'll bet you wrong.
  7. Ghostof91 New Player

If Radiation is a one result of Atomic than its safe to say they are both in twined with eachother.
    • Like x 1
  8. Harlequin Devoted Player

Sorry but you would lose that bet. There are plenty of people who would prefer og Atomic or don't give a crap what color it is who will play it just because it is new.
    • Like x 1
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

But what if only one or two powers out of 24 deal with radiation? Would it make sense to make those two green just because "that's the way it was in alpha". There have only really been about 4 or 5 radioactive effects in the game. I don't count chemo as that is more hazardous waste and more on the chemistry side than that of nuclear physics.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dynagirl Committed Player

Exactly! I had this same problem in my thread with DarkenbyLight over there. He told me to not use wikipedia as it is unreliable as a source then goes on to tell me he only uses the DC wikia for all of his information. :rolleyes: I'm like, I contributed to some of those articles in DC wikia. Granted it was for the Wildstorm stuff, but still!:D
    • Like x 2
  11. ChillCat Loyal Player

True enough and it's a great site for looking up what's already in-game, but I wouldn't trust it for statements of "fact" regarding development that hasn't been released yet.
    • Like x 1
  12. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Stop this troll
    • Like x 5
  13. Ghostof91 New Player

I suppose.:rolleyes:
  14. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Can we stop assigning colours to elements of Atomic. Radiation, fission etc, all fall under Atomic. There's no difference and firestorm can do them all. ( It's Orange )

Ghost, Dakrush, and Dark. You guys want a respec colour marketplace option for Atomic, construct your posts towards that. Stop with the false claims that "many" will not switch because of a colour lol, or that it will look like fire. Trying to discourage Atomic being all orange.

The vast majority of players don't care, they just want a new power to play with and new tanking mechanics.

The livestream will answer the question that has already been answered by mepps lol

but you guys want more. With 30pages full of Atomic talk, i think the devs get the hint that some want a green option. However, it seems like it's not possible or DC are not allowing it.
    • Like x 4
  15. Dynagirl Committed Player

Damn it Yin! Stop trying to introduce logic and reason into this thread! :D
    • Like x 3
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I'm still waiting do you to answer where you getting this "half" from ... It's certainly not this thread and the debate on color has been goin on for a year ... Ever since the intro talking about firestorm... Way back in July/August of 2014... Prior to that there was no talk on color a lot of you expected it to be green probably but I've gone back and read all threads with atomic in their name ... Back to 2013 I can't read the old forum posts cause they removed those .. But as far back as 2013 there was no mention of color really everyone used green assuming it would beike what we see but as soon as spytle said this won't beike the atomic you already see in game that's when the speculations began... It's obvious he was telling the truth at this point as we found out it's in fact not what we've seen by color alone...the debate on color didn't start gettin more back and forth til around April and May and then the last couple of months it got more and more into the debate ... again I looked back at all threads you and anyone else can look back and see .. This has nothing to do with the popularity of firestorm cause of flash as he wasn't even hinted about on flash yet..

Once more darkkushmor himself used firesttorm as a possible hero influence way back in 2013 in one of the threads he just didn't probably expect they'd use firestorm as the color inspiration tho but he definitely usd fire storm as a possible hero inspiration ...

but back on topic where did you get your "half" then people won't switch theory?
    • Like x 4
  17. Sbel Devoted Player

Hey, sometimes they're very nice patch notes.
    • Like x 3
  18. Sbel Devoted Player

Both your pictures of Atomic are hideous. I like the devs' picture much better.
    • Like x 3
  19. Sbel Devoted Player

They should try to please the majority. That's obviously why it's orange.
    • Like x 2
  20. Harlequin Devoted Player

Very true.
    • Like x 1