1. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

Is there any chance we can get an update to the power cost for the combos? For powers like Hard light the additional combos come at a reduced power cost meaning you don’t bleed to death on power but with atomic it’s still the same regardless of whether it’s the first hit or the third hit and a combo.
  2. AquiloFury Committed Player

Are you speced as superpowered? If not, then I would recommend you do so. If you are, you could possibly benefit from the Omega art. I have a cr290 atomic toon and have two combo powers..I don't do too terrible when it comes to power.
  3. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

I’m a 460 sp 9 year veteran of this game with a 160 omega Specked in the super powered and still cannot keep my power up.
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you don’t mind me asking, what loadout are you running? The only time I have power issues is when I run trolls alerts, duos, and raids with terrible trolls. Other than that, with a mediocre troll I can maintain my power just fine
    • Like x 1
  5. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

Never. Ever. Run the Omegahedron as dps. It's a huge dps loss.
    • Like x 2
  6. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

If I don’t have it I can’t even keep my power up for 30 seconds so I don’t have a choice.
  7. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

I rotate back-and-forth between the two range combos.
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

What's your loadout and rotation?

Mike B is right btw...
    Running the Omega is a serious loss in DPS. Even with it at 160 you are only getting additional 12.5% power regen, which isn't much.
    I have an Atomic alt at 292 and yes power is a huge drain. You have to alter your playstyle a bit when necessary
  9. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

You have to remember atomic is not like Hardlight, for the extra parts of the combos hard light gets a reduction in power but a Atomic doesn’t. ours is the same whether it’s the first or the third in the rotation. That’s why I created this, I want them to reduce the power cost on the combos like they’ve done for other combo-based powers. Even obsidian chill did a video explaining this problem almost a year ago.
  10. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

What good does it even matter to care about damage on a board if you can’t even keep your power up for 30 seconds? I will literally have trolls with all eight pieces of elite on with 350+ SP while I’m slamming back colas and can’t keep my power up. I’m already maxed out on my might, but I’ve had other league me to use atomic and completely re-specd to precision because of the power cost.
  11. Mazahs Loyal Player

Your loadout will have a TON to do with it.
    You quoted Chill, so assuming his guide at some point. He's using a RS / APA and G-Blast. (Great for damage terrible on power)
    Which is why I asked about loadout. If you clip at that rate then 30 seconds is pretty good, but since I don't know loadout or what you are putting in gen mods I can only assume.

Why I quoted Mike B, is because he's absolutely right. Your trading damage for time albeit a fraction of time versus a large chunk of DPS.

I get what you are saying, I have 3 toons all fully geared Light, Electric & Hl. Atomic is easily the most power hungry - but since they've addressed this in past it's probably not gonna change.
  12. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

I get what you are saying, I have 3 toons all fully geared Light, Electric & Hl. Atomic is easily the most power hungry - but since they've addressed this in past it's probably not gonna change.[/quote]

So you’re saying they have no intention of reducing the cost per combos? that’s all I’m here to get. If they’re unwilling to do that and there’s no point in staying atomic war ever returning to the power. Saying they did address it could you link me to the specific form in which they addressed it? I haven’t been able to find anything on it not a booking for three days.
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So you’re saying they have no intention of reducing the cost per combos? that’s all I’m here to get. If they’re unwilling to do that and there’s no point in staying atomic war ever returning to the power. Saying they did address it could you link me to the specific form in which they addressed it? I haven’t been able to find anything on it not a booking for three days.[/quote]
    I don’t think they should reduce the power. In the past when ever they reduced the power cost on abilities (from the tray or combos) they also reduced the damage too. If they reduce than it would greatly affect atomic and place it as a lower tier power.

Yes atomic is power hungry but I’ve never had any issue with decent trolls. With bad trolls I’d just have to use my cola often and with a good troll I never struggle.

Reason others were asking for your loadout and rotation was to see if there was room for us to help you on your rotation so that you can maintain damage AND not be so power hungry.
  14. L T Devoted Player

I would suggest you take out robot sidekick, and switch omegahedron for a better artifact. Alternately, if you don't tank, using power generator mods instead of health helps a ton. I never have problems with atomic power.
    • Like x 1
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’ll be honest. I’m personally reluctant to remove robot sidekick lol. He is in almost all my builds and I call him Bob. Everyone in my league started calling him bob too lol. But even having him up I’ve never had any power issues
  16. The Anxient Loyal Player

My Atomic main is by far my most power hungry. I use atom splitter and neutron bomb both full combo with robot side kick active. Without running power efficiency, reserve tank, energized whatever I am able to maintain. It's enough of a drain that trolls notice. Great trolls can keep me powered lesser geared, experience, etc trolls struggle. I tell them just keep me from running completely out before my soder is off cooldown and we're good. Don't stress about keeping me full.
  17. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

I don’t really see what I’m asking as being that much. I just want them to fix the power cost per combos the way they have for other powers. I’m not asking for a buff. I just want something that I can enjoy playing without having to live off of Soders constantly be in need of a qualified troll.
  18. Mazahs Loyal Player

Meh- I've played light since it came out as my main and running it in old clip heavy days makes me less sympathetic.
    Drop Omega, pick up grim if you are using Geiger blast and RS. Your damage will go up since you get similar hits from Grim as RS and it puts PI up for GBlast. Otherwise learn to adapt.

Sorry to be blunt, but Spord saw the complaints when this was in test and they left it as is.
  19. Mazahs Loyal Player

The only time I have serious power issues is using RSK clipping Gieger every combo and APA when off cool down.

Since we have no real DOT that's why peeps run RSK.
    Best solution is dropping Omega for Grim (get PI for Geiger and damage from the pet and if at 200 then run RSK)
    Also doing what you suggest is a huge benefit in getting 10K extra power.

Atomic is stupid power hungry if going for biggest dps possible, so folks need to learn to adapt.
    • Like x 1
  20. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

Sorry but I’m really trying to understand what you’re talking about but, it’s complicated, I’ve been playing with atomic since the first hour that the power came out, I never changed after I got it for reasons of character concept and characterization, I never change the power of no character.
    Well, what I can say, from my personal experience with power is that the power bar is almost infinite, I play alerts duos and entire solos without using a single soder, in fact, I just take them to get the Nitro bonus in raids, other than that, I have no problem maintaining the power bar.
    With the Light power, no, it’s difficult, half a rotation and it’s over, I passed my Light to say why it’s impossible to sustain the combos. But Atomic does not, for me the damage works, the combos are good and neither tank nor dps have any problems.

My current load is:
    Neutrom Bomb (combo), Electron Flare, Nuclear Burst (combo), Amplified Heat Vision, Robot Sidekick, Radiation Burn.
    476sp, Generator Mods in Health, Might, Dom.
    Artifacts Tetrahedron 180, Solar Amplified 180, Scrap of Soul 160.

But I understand that some may have different problems when using the same power for reasons of adaptation.
    Hope this helps.