Atomic dps/tank talk

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by zBam-Bamz, Aug 7, 2022.

1. zBam-Bamz New Player

Hello everyone,

Anyone got any solid end game elite atomic load outs? Would really like to see something good here.
    Arts, specs, sp, lo. Etc..

Mostly looking for dps but would like to hear of plausibility of tanking SM

Lastly… for anyone serious enough to have read it this far. Ice is current Meta on might because of ice elemental supercharge… but for all you testers atomic radiation burn on a trans amulet trinket supply (not all necessary to hit this high) build hits 1 mil plus easy. So given atomics nice supercharge can we get a thread going to mayyyyyyybe make it going from a “heavy” to maybe a “very heavy” power given proper set ups?
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I actually like atomic blast better than radiation burn. I use it like a 10K and hit two back to back while buffed by dps trinket and supply drop. But I’m always mainly concerned with killing bosses, not adds. That’s where the loot be at! :D
  3. ID Atom New Player

I'd rather use Atomic Blast especially because of the Eog meta and have neo venom boost in maybe as a second supercharge. Also, radiation burn is nice, but if the tank has to kite the enemy around or the enemy naturally moves most of that damage from radiation burn is useless because the enemy most likely won't just be standing in one place.

Here is my Single target DPS loadout.
    Single Target Precision
    Dual wield flurry shot
    Arts: Trans, Strat, Eog/Quislet(depending on how good the healers are spamming it)
    Iconic and movement powers: Heat vision, tornado pull, neo venom, rsk, Whirling dervish
    SP: Weapon based, Max crit, Max prec, Put rest in might
    Regular Loadout:
    Heat vision(immediately cancel)
    Atomic blast/Neo venom(depending on healer's eog)
    Weapon buff
    Tornado pull(only clipped with weapon buff)
    Rsk
    Whirling Dervish
    • Like x 1
  4. Fixty Active Player

Sooo.. how is that an atomic build? You don't use even one atomic ability lols
    • Like x 3
  5. L T Devoted Player

If you use the Soul Cloak you can get 2 NVB-buffed Atomic Blasts.

It's a pretty standard precision build. There just aren't many abilities from any power set that can compete with broken super speed ones.
    • Like x 2
  6. ID Atom New Player

Exactly what L.T. said. Super speed powers your best bet. Also, Atomic powers just aren't good for hybrid loadouts since most of your best hits are combos or close range attacks for single target. Aoe prec there really is only one option.
  7. DarkGodArkahn Level 30

exactly plus a few errors which im too lazy to point out
  8. Derp McGuirk New Player

My battle tank loadout is: Whirling Dervish/Atom Splitter/Geiger Beam/Electron Flare/Proton Remedy/Atom Blast

My arts are Lernaea's Amulet, Grimorium Verum, and La-Mort Card.

For elite content I swap my artifacts with Mystic Symbol of the Seven, Manacles of Force, and Dilusteel Refractor. I also switch in Mass Density for Atom Blast.

For DPS, my loadout is Geiger Beam, Heat Vision, Neutron Bomb, Atom Powered Assault, Robot SIdekick, and Neo Venom Boost.
    My artifacts are La-Mort Card, Solar AMplifier, and Grimorium Verum.

My allies are Nubia, Future Lex Luthor, and Superman.
  9. L T Devoted Player

Atomic Blast and NVB is exactly what I run with. If you swap in soul cloak or just run with it you can get 2x Atomic Blasts buffed with NVB for really nice burst damage.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I actually replaced nvm and power SCs on most o my toons over to Word of Power after the change to it. Atomic didn’t have a good SC. Its 5k spam SC had lower damage but it’s benefit was that it had a short CD. WoP now does better damage and increases crit damage for 10sec. Plus it stacks.
  11. L T Devoted Player

When I tested just before release, Atomic Blast was still doing about 2x the damage of WoP (not counting the crit buff). I'll have to test again.
    • Like x 1
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’ll retest it too just to be safe lol. Another factor 2 factors to consider is that AB had a max range while WoP is mid range and WoP crit buff is also group wide buff.
    • Like x 1