Atomic DPS currently?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rebel230, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

Hello,

I have been back from an extended break for about 2 weeks. I had left and wa susing munitions dps. Wanting to get the full anti monitor set I just kept going with Muni until I finished. Now I am looking to try Atomic. I was hoping for some insight as to how it performs, and any tricks you all who have expertise with it can offer.

All things being equal, will it perform about the same as munitions? I am currently 188cr with 140 sp. (I am working to get more sp before the revamp comes) I am fully modded with might/ might/ health and might/power VIII's.

I would probably go more to using the AM set up over the combo set up as tbh I am older and sometimes the combos can be hard for me to remember.

Any help to get the most out of it would be really appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  2. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Make another character. The Atomic AM is a 1,2,3,4 and it is not hard. What is fun is that you can combo or do the 1,2,3,4 from the same DPS loadout. Besides the combos are really simple.

AGAIN....... MAKE ANOTHER CHARACTER to try out atomic.
  3. xD25x Dedicated Player

In atomic defense it is the most fluid 1 2 3 4 power as to me munitions and especially quantum feel choppy. It has a horrible grace period and you will need to master the art of lunging before g blast. But I regularly hit for 175 to 200 k in af3 raids on both adds and bosses. I can keep up and beat alot of ice and gadgets users but it's tough against mental glitchers and munitions users with big gun. As for what's on test atm it seems the combos are performing lower than the hybrid aka legends pve spec.
  4. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

I have noticed if I get interrupted or KB/ KD, I still see the nuclear particle on my hands but if I just continue my rotation I am not getting the big hit. If I have the visual, do I only need to do the 1,2,3,4 again for the big hit on 4 and will still have my power return working?
  5. Nergzrbunny1 Level 30

What 1234 loadout are you using for the most damage and what white
    head and back mods are you using
  6. L T Devoted Player

You could certainly play Atomic as a 1-2-3-4 power, but I never do. The combos always give better damage for me. By a lot. Your mileage may vary. Atomic Combos do tend to get more monotonous than the other combo powers though (they're a lot easier too).

Combos should outperform munitions. 1-2-3-4 should be about the same, unless munitions is wasting their supercharge one-shotting adds.
  7. gemii Dedicated Player

i loved atomic tanking when i was atomic but the DPS 1234 AM side got annoying because id always get interrupted and have to start the AM over to get the full damage (unless they changed that by now and gave it a grace period) personally id say stick to Munitions or make an atomic character and see if you like it first
  8. Nergzrbunny1 Level 30

What is your loadout?
  9. SkullGang Devoted Player

Atomic doesn't have a grace period so you would need to 1234 again to get the big hit but the power return should still be working.
  10. Old Roy Level 30

For my Atomic DPS (not level 30 yet, just started it), I use the DCUO Bloguide:
    1. Beta Surge: Blast your enemies with a wave of radioactive energy, damaging and possibly knocking them down. Adds a Nuclear Pressure stack. Increase all damage by 35%.
    2. Atom-Powered Assault: Empower your attacks to deal additional explosive damage. Restores power when Nuclear Pressure stacks are applied or when using Geiger Beam and Geiger Blast. Increases all damage by 45% until the hit counter resets
    3. Neutron Bomb: Launch an explosive energy bomb at your enemies, damaging and knocking them down. Adds a Nuclear Pressure stack. Increase all damage by 40%.
    4. Nuclear Burst: Blast your target with an explosive ball of energy, damaging and stunning it. Enemies near your target are damaged and may be knocked down. Adds a Nuclear Pressure stack. Increase all damage by 40%.
    5. Geiger Blast: Create a small exothermic reaction that will damage and knockdown nearby enemies. If you have 3 Nuclear Pressure stacks and have no Molecular Charges, the reaction is amplified, dealing heavy damage to enemies. Removes all Nuclear Pressure stacks, Molecular Charges, and deactivates your Quark-Gluon Aura. Increases all damage by 50%.
    6. Geiger Beam: Blast your target with a concentrated energy beam, damaging and stunning it. If the target is below 35% health, the attack deals extra damage. If you have 3 Nuclear Pressure stacks and have no Molecular Charges, the reaction is amplified, dealing heavy damage to enemies. Removes all Nuclear Pressure stacks, Molecular Charges, and deactivates your Quark-Gluon Aura. Increases all damage by 50%.
  11. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I know the majority probably use the 1234 loadout but I'd go for the combo loadout. I and many other experienced atomic players can tell you that the combo loadout is easily the more consistent one. In instances where the adds or bosses don't stun (rare) then the 1234 may be your best option (from what I've seen even the final hits are inconsistent, not just the AM) but the combo AM is good as you can recover and continue hitting hard. Not to mention I'm pretty sure the aura stays for about 10 seconds so as long as it's active you can still hit hard.