atomic and rage

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xoHLxDPSox, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

Something inside my rotten heart tells me that Rage's nerf won't make much of a difference, yet a lot of people will complain just for the sake of it.
    • Like x 2
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

They arent "super quick" to nerf things and yeah they listen to the forums, where else do they get their feedback? lol

Again, the nerf to Outrage's Extra Measure isnt anything to blow up about. Regarding Atomic I have yet to see any information from players regarding those changes so unless you have data to wish to share there's no reason to make a mountain out of a molehill.
  3. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I played with Atomic but can´t say if its worse than it is on live because the DPS´s i run with were lacking.
    I´ll reserve my final thoughts once i can run with the guys i use to run with on test.
    • Like x 1
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

im uploading a vid now, Im CR199 as atomic, buddy is CR197 as nature.

I have 309sp, him 236sp. He still managed to out DPS me by 1mil

175sp in might/power, 65sp in dom, 60 in DPS crits.

srry but I see 0 issue with PvE side of things ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I don't think he means 130k per second. I took it as total, but that cannot be right either since that's only 4.333k per second. The 130k and 180k make no sense without context.
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

was this in a Duo? Cause that skews the numbers on whoever gets to the target first will do much better.

If it was in a Raid then it would be better to see the Combat Logs (if on PC of course) on the boss fights itself to see who did better. Nature's DoTs will inflate his numbers quite a bit. #ScorecardLies
    • Like x 1
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah he threw some numbers and ppl have to guess , for what i know maybe his loadout does only 4.3k dps
    • Like x 1
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

no it was a alert, but dont worry I have a video uploading now of USr, and I even went as far as to ask all the lovely DPS' what their SP' were before they left ;)

surprisingly the 1 DPS I even came close to in USr was CR193 with 120 something SP compared to my CR199 and 309sp.

the above video is with the nature friend I was speaking of with lower CR and SP' but still did more damage, yet some how theres a nerf that is coming and warranted.

Know what else I find funny? I've went up against atomic tanks as nature me being CR201 and the atomic tank being 203 or 206 and I still out DPS them by a cool 1-2mil in alerts, wonder why that is?

And no its not player skill or SP' b/c their from a very good league that is known for being high SP and high skilled players.
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

USr video

10. Trexlight Devoted Player

In this alert, Youre a Tank and he is a DPS. You're already in a bad situation of doing damage because You're not in DPS Role and he is. DPS Role get a +10% Damage so he was already going to do more damage than you.

Comparing Tank damage out and DPS damage out and expecting the Tank to beat them will be due to the DPS's lack of Skill Points, Rotation and loadout. If a Tank beats a DPS, the DPS needs to reevaluate their spec. As a Tank, you were lower than the DPS. Thats working as intended. If you were in DPS Role, Im sure you would have blown through that fourth DPS and possibly the 3rd.

Im not sure when I'll be able to take al ook at the Atomic changes, my week has gotten super busy but once I get the time I'll hop on it and look at it but honestly seeing you are comparing Tank and DPS roles, Im not sure what your platform of feedback really is.
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Doesn't change the fact thats why its getting nerfed, your forgetting obviously how DPS are in this game? Or is it you simply turn a blind eye to it?

If you get close to or god forbid pass them, they scream nerf. After so many experience this it must be true right?

It cant be those ppl just suck vs a that support player rather its lack of skill/mods/SP' or all. Im sorry but I've said this b4 if I sacrifice dom for might, or power for vit the difference in my play should show greatly. Yet all of thats slowly getting removed lol to appease DPS cry babies.

I've showed not 1 but 2 different video's a alert and raid setting. The only DPS in the raid I cam close to was a CR193 with 128sp. Whatever happen to stats matter? I guarantee you he doesn't / didn't have more might then my tank not with his 0 mods and 128sp lol. Yet he managed to out DPS me still.

Yes Im comparing tank vs DPS but its under new rules which we were led to think our stats actually mattered.

Point to all this I gave 2 scenario's all different ppl with varying CR / SP and as atomic beat nobody in damage yet somehow atomic needs nerfed?
    • Like x 1
  12. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

Stop the nerf!

Super human powers should be "SUPER".
    • Like x 1
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

You claim all of these "crybabies" when its really only been asked for damage nerf in PVP from what I've read.

Now again, comparing a Tank and DPS will get you nowhere because the DPS will always win out or technically should. Im not sure why Atomic is getting nerfed in damage or the severity or even if its DPS only or across the board. I do think some Dev response on that would be nice but claiming stats dont matter because you couldnt beat a DPS is illogical and not a platform of "stats still dont matter" when they do. It could just be Tanks are hitting too much, game design isnt a perfect art form and bugs like this tend to occur.

Atomic tanks are also going to do less damage due to the Power cost of the combos being lower in that Role compared to DPS Role and so there might be a bug where that isnt happening on Live and could be no Atomic Tank is reporting because "hey Im super strong". Of course its a lot of what ifs and again, would love a Dev response but all I saw in these 2 videos is a Tank did some good damage from a Scorecard that lies and doesnt properly breakdown what you and your party are actually doing.

I can only give you my opinion and thoughts as another player and what Im seeing in your videos. Im sorry if its not the answer you want to hear but Im also not a Dev so I can only go by the knowledge I have gained from years of seeing buffs and nerfs across multiple games. I still plan to look at it when I can but to me, comparing Tank damage to a DPS damage when the Tank wont pass a DPS isnt going anywhere. If it was DPS vs DPS might be a better comparison.
  14. appocolyps Committed Player

This is funny, people like you need removing from these threads, ur a tank bruh, ur damage is gonna be lower, these forums get worse every day!
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

you like many others are missing the point, GG
    • Like x 1
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

but PvP changes almost always effect PvE trex you know this.

and srry I got off track last night / this morning in my earlier post, I know stats matter to some degree, I was merely trying to say a 6CR difference + 181sp difference shouldnt be punished just b/c dmg is so close as it is in that raid.

just providing evidence I guess from my PoV, CR/SP that PvE side doesnt need touched.
    • Like x 1
  17. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

A high cr atomic tank I would say around 200+ Vs me 185 dps rage. The atomic tank was coming pretty close to my overall damage. I was literally doing all I can to pour as much damage as possible. There were also 3 other dps above me with higher cr than me. I was fourth in damage and below me was an atomic tank. If I were to die or mess up no doubt about it he or she would surpass me. When I played as an atomic tank I was amazed at how much damage I was doing for a tank but of course a dps will always beat me unless they die or just plain suck.
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

how it should be, but atm imo there is nothing wrong with PvE side for atomic or rage for that matter.
    • Like x 1
  19. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Exactly, but as we keep seeing complaints in PVP will affect PVE and I want answers from a dev as to why they keep doing that.
    • Like x 1
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Smh. Have u read any of whats being said? Apparently not.

For the record ive yet to see any explanation as to why atomic needs a nerf. Havent seen a single player at end game saying its OP and needs a nerf. Not really sure where this is coming from. And of course we cant even check it ourselves because we still have no baseline for parsing. Lastly i see 2 combos have their damaged reduced but not power cost. Some days it really feels like the rules are being made up as we go. Im wondering what happened to the trade off system? Wondering where the data is showing atomic was over performing?

So far since the revamp the reasoning and excuses ive heard is dont compare ability to ability, dont compare power set to power set, only parse to test damage potential, test for damage potential in content and compare power set to power set in content despite not knowing which content to do this in or what the group setup should be, and only raid boss damage matters. Raid bosses are what? 10% of the game? Probably less. So all the other damage we do in other instances doesnt count or matter. Lets not forget add damage doesnt matter either.

We are told to provide data. Our spec and stats? Ok. But how thats applied in content is what matters. And when are 2 players gonna have the exact same spec/stats on live? How are deaths, revives, secures, etc quantified when it comes to this? Plus some content caters to certain power sets. Meaning some will shine here while others will shine there. So how can they be compared in content then? How is that quantified? Because if certain power sets do much better on adds but then add damage doesnt matter so...? Plus we have players saying dont compare power sets in content like i mentioned already. But the devs saying to test in content :confused:

Someone please explain to me how any of this^ makes sense? Because i see contradictions. I see things that dont add up. Im really starting to wonder how the game can be even remotely close to balanced with all that being said above. Its mind boggling imo. I cant make heads or tails of it. For real id love to hear how this all makes sense. Cause my guess is no one will be able to explain it.
    • Like x 1